Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Lock On: Modern Air Combat Demo

A playable demo for Lock On: Modern Air Combat is now available, offering the chance to fly the unfriendly skies of the upcoming jet combat simulator. The demo offers the chance to take the controls of either the A-10 Warthog or the MiG-29 Fulcrum. Word is: "This demo is created from Beta code of the project and is not representative of the final code. There are known bugs in the demo and frame rates have not been fully optimized." The demo is a 123 MB download, available from 3D Gamers, Computer Games Online, Filerus, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. wow... Oct 8, 2003, 21:54 Seek

this is really going to be a great game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: I'm not going to spoil this broth Sep 29, 2003, 03:04 Maestro

Judging by this demo, this gets my vote as first great game this year(IMHO), so far. Controls are no worse than anyother flight-sim to me. Get a stick!

31. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2003, 21:27 joe2tiger

Jeez, you morons complaining about not knowing which button does what needs to READ the readme.txt file after the game installs.

*I beat the Mig mission, on the first pass, I can't seem to beat the Mirage 2000 if I let him fly past me, I can't get around him in the dogfight.

*I still cannot beat the A-10A mission where I need to blow up the AAA. I only seen Rockets, Rockeye bombs, and Cannon for use. Did anyone beat it?

LOL, I need to put my flight stick back into the computer, I've been playing this demo with the Logitech Wingman Extreme Rumble Pad.

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

30. Re: I am not sure I understand Sep 28, 2003, 17:58 Tobias

#21 I was mentioning this developer attack and political agenda behind everyhting. it is not so common in this thread, but I see it a lot. and also the way they review games. it is like they forget how magical it is.

back to your comment on negative feedback, ask the environmentalist back in the dinosaur era if any of his negative campagining or positive campaigning to save the dinosaurs meant anything. complete waste of time. or the people in pompeii how they think their negative comments on the government turned out.

i know its everyone right to use their energy how they see fit, regardless of how useless i think it is. i just think negative feedback never got anyone anywhere. in a world where everything is based on our perception of it. where most people dont understand that none of it is real?!

nevermind, thanks for the response though! :>

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 18:01.

29. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2003, 17:06 SpectrumWarp

Who will like this sim?

Well if your a 90's child who whines about every god damn thing and shits and moans when you don't get your way about everything then don't play this because your intelligence level and attention span will be too low. Continue on with your Counter-Strike-bunny-hopping and Console playing suckdom.

However if your a person who can read and learn something without it being shouted in your ear over and over again then this sim will be a jewel. It has all the making of a classic and once the growing pains of learning all the in's and out's is done this game will never leave your harddrive.

=SpectrumWarp=

28. hmm. Sep 28, 2003, 16:18 Nexus

Readme!?!?

noooooooooooooo.

oh. ok, they actually put something useful in there. I was really doubting it after the lack of tutorial and the rest of it.

27. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2003, 13:19 Yutz

woo thanks

26. No subject Sep 28, 2003, 13:14 Da Stylin' Rastan

very cool looking game but very very complicated as far as controls go. you definitely need yourself a high end machine for this game.

Actually its a lot like JK3. Once you turn off a few key settings (effects and shadows), I can get easily 70fps @ 1024x768 with a XP1700+ and GF3Ti200 with all the pretty textures like in the screenshots.

After flying it a bit more and tweaking the controls, I'm getting to like it. I still cannot beat that damn Mig mission unless I lock on and blow him out of the sky on the first pass. I still can't get the rudder where I like it (even tweaking the dead zone and exponentials) but overall I'm impressed with the sheer level of control over the systems.

BTW, if you can't get the weapons to fire, read the README. basically you have to hit 7 to arm the air-to-ground

-DSR

25. Re: ah. um. oo? Sep 28, 2003, 13:09 Yutz

I have tried all the setting I could find and am unable to fire a weapon as well. Keyboard or joystick.

24. ah. um. oo? Sep 28, 2003, 13:02 Nexus

I've set everything onto 'novice' and I can happily bounce off the ground all I want, but I still can't figure out how the hell to fire a weapon.

This game is going to need a manual the size of yemen, or some pretty darn good tutorials, or it's going to be almost completely unintelligable to anyone who isn't a flight sim buff anyway.

23. Re: No subject Sep 28, 2003, 12:43 PAPADOC

hehe...
Wags may be one of the most knowledgeble "Producers" ever to work on a Flight sim. He is a legend in the Community of Real Life Tm Fighter Pilots for his knowledge of modern missile combat.

I know its hard with all these console games running around that you love, but either shut the fuck up or know what the fuck you speak about.

PAPA DOC

>>"Wags" isn't a developer, he's a Ubisoft monkey (same >>as "Stormin"). 50% of his comments are lies and the >>other 50% is bullshit.

22. pretty cool Sep 28, 2003, 11:29 Seek

very cool looking game but very very complicated as far as controls go. you definitely need yourself a high end machine for this game.

i would really like to have a tutorial on how to play this demo.

21. Re: I am not sure I understand Sep 28, 2003, 06:57 JoeBlack

#17, they are commenting on the quality of the demo (which yes is free) is kind of poor. If there was no negative feedback, we wouldn't have come as far as we did for human civilization.

20. Re: Thoughts WR417H Sep 28, 2003, 06:54 JoeBlack

Yeah, Sidewinder ForceFeedback Pro and tried it out on my Logitech Wingman Extreme. Check your calibration settings in Game Options or Game Controls (whatever it is in your Control Panel).

I am disappointed in the replayability. They could have given us a random mission generator set to two kinds of levels (air combat and ground combat). That would have been MUCH better than just two single non-replayable missions. I mean for christsakes....

19. Re: I am not sure I understand Sep 28, 2003, 05:41 Hump

thats too long winded. This is all it takes:

SHUTTHEFUCKUPANDQUITYERWHINING

-fini

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PAH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

18. Re: I am not sure I understand Sep 28, 2003, 05:38 Thermopyle

That was pretty heavy dood

17. I am not sure I understand Sep 28, 2003, 04:57 Tobias

this is not meant for everyone.. in particular and for no particular reason, i'll pick "Michael Bolton's hair dresser" or "Bob". But its everywhere, its frigin' rampant around here.

where is the gripe coming from? the game is free, its a demo, its a game. it might be good, it might not. who cares? its FREE!

it almost appears to me that you have forgoten the ridiculusness of all of it. this reality, this perception we gather through various instruments. the fact that distance and time and space is all just an illusion. like it is in a video game. with the advent of games where gravity and physics models hold laws and variables, you see the same thing.

But its just a game. forget the developers and their stupid politics and cover ups and scandals. dont loose yourself in that nonsense.

I dont know it just i want to see opinion about games and how they are and detailed description of it made you feel and if something blew your mind. not negative bullcrap! ( can i use cus words here?).

tap in to the eternal consciousness and enjoy the matrix fellas!

16. Potential is there Sep 28, 2003, 04:34 WebDemon

I agree, this could be the next Falcon if the time is taken to fix this up right. If not, it'll just be another dismal flight sim failure.

15. Re: Thoughts WR417H Sep 28, 2003, 03:22 WR417H

Weird. Are you using a joystick?

14. Re: Thoughts WR417H Sep 28, 2003, 03:22 JoeBlack

Chalk 3 up to user inability or system problem(s). I have none of those.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo