Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

My mom's funeral is today, and enough people have (touchingly) asked about where they could make donations in her memory that I'm just going to post the info here:

IN MEMORY OF NANCY MOHR

The family requests those wishing to make donations in Nancy's name do so to either of the following groups:

National School Reform Faculty

Donations may be made in Nancy's memory to NSRF for an educational purpose to be decided at a later date by Alan and other family members. Contributions may be sent to:

Harmony School Educational Center
Nancy Mohr Educational Fund
909 East 2nd Street
Bloomington, IN 47401

American Cancer Society: Breast Cancer Fund

Donations can be made by calling, through the internet, or by mail to the address below. Please make your contribution in memory of Nancy Mohr and request that an acknowledgment card be sent to Alan care of mamablue@bluesnews.com.

1-800-227-2345
www.cancer.org
19 W. 56th St.
New York, NY 10019-3984

View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

105. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 15:50 ExcessDan

nooooo i hate locusts! they are always eating my crops

i fold

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
This comment was edited on Sep 23, 15:50.

ExcessDan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

104. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 15:19 nin

I'll see your damnations and raise you a swarm of locusts...

Supporter of the "A fredster By Any Other Name Is Still The Same" fan club.

http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

103. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 15:15 ExcessDan

i see you one prayer and raise you 2 damnations

ExcessDan

102. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 15:14 ExcessDan

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ExcessDan

101. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 12:20 Von Helmet

*prays for Dan*

100. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 09:03 nin

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 09:05.

99. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2003, 02:15 ExcessDan

Please, for the love of Jesus Christ, the Lord's holy son, do not pray for me.

ExcessDan

98. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 23:26 JediLuke

James, take a hint and cut it out. Your comments are downright offensive and not at all helpful. You are taking advantage of someone's loss in an attempt to further YOUR agenda as a Christian. Your religion tells you to spread the word, so that's what you're trying to do. What if Blue is Jewish? You're telling him that if he doesn't change his belief system to match yours, he and his family will go to hell. Seriously dude, fuck you.

Second, I'm judging nobody. I simply offered the words of the Bible, and how God tells you to get to Heaven. If you call that Judging, then take it up with God, because he will Judge you when your time comes. I simply relayed his message.

No, you're just a guy regurgitating a lot of stuff that makes you feel righteous or fulfilled in some way. I'd have plenty of things to take up with God, if only he were there. Free your mind my friend. Stop clinging to your inherited beliefs. The Bible is a human document. It does not come directly from God. It contains a lot of valuable lessons, but only if you take it as a parable.

I feel more pity than anger for you, myself, and all of humanity... the things we could've accomplished in my lifetime if people didn't hold such backwards beliefs...

Sixthly, for the gentleman who says he doesn't tell anyone he's a Christian, I have only one question for you...Are you ashamed of something?

I sure wouldn't want to associate myself with people like you.

~Steve
This comment was edited on Sep 22, 23:39.

97. No subject Sep 22, 2003, 22:46 James Webb

I'll address several points in one post here.

First off, if I offended you, sorry, again, read the bottom of my post, take it up with God. If God's word, scripture, offends you, take it up with him.

Second, I'm judging nobody. I simply offered the words of the Bible, and how God tells you to get to Heaven. If you call that Judging, then take it up with God, because he will Judge you when your time comes. I simply relayed his message.

Thirdly, Yes, if you are not saved, you are going to Hell. Someone said that we're not for sure where we're going, the Bible states it clearly...again, refer back to my previous post for scripture.

Fourthly, I am not shoving anything down anyones throat. I did what the Bible instructs all Christians to do, "Go out unto the highways and hedges and compell them to come in" spread the word of God. It's your choice to accept, or to reject Christ.

Fifthly, I am not a hypocrite. If you are basing that off reading these boards, then you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Sixthly, for the gentleman who says he doesn't tell anyone he's a Christian, I have only one question for you...Are you ashamed of something?

Seventhly, someone mentioned this wasn't the proper time. But on the contrare, Blue has lost his mother, and if he and his family have been following a false doctrine, then it is my duty as a Christian to share the truth with him and his family, just as well as anyone here on this board.

Eighthly, true, God does deal with individuals hearts, but it's still our duty as a Christian to spread the gospel so that that Muslim who hasn't heard of Jesus does hear of him. And if that same Muslim rejects Christ, that's his/her choice, but at least I did what God would have me do.

There are other things that were said, some pretty derogetory, and the only thing I have to say about those things, is I will continue to pray for those that feel any anger towards me.

Tron, to you specifically..."fire and brimstone" preaching didn't shove you away...there's a spiritual warfare constantly waging, and at the time, Satan was manipulating you to get you out of the church. Satan's orders of destruction: First get them out of the house of God, if they're married-destroy that next. While you're looking at how the world brought you back into church, try looking at it from a faithful view. God put the right people in your life at the right time to bring you back to where you needed to be. I will pray for your growth as a Christian and ask that you pray for mine as well.

I am a gamer just as you all are. I might not play some of the games that others play due to my Christianity, and I might not have anything else in common with you all other than I like to play PC games and like to visit Bluesnews, but it is my responsibility as a Christian to spread the word, and that's all I am doing. If you want to talk about games, lets talk about games. If you want to talk about the games industry or politics, or whatever, I can do that too. But I feel I am doing the right thing, in the right post, at the right time, that God would have me do.

96. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 21:04 ExcessDan

watch your language young man

ExcessDan

95. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 18:47 nin

Kids! Kids! Kids! We were all just playing nice a few days ago! CHILL!

Supporter of the "A fredster By Any Other Name Is Still The Same" fan club.

http://www.nin.com

94. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 18:08 JediLuke

Fuck you Dan.

~Steve

93. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 17:46 ExcessDan

shutup steve

ExcessDan

92. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 12:53 JediLuke

well, steve, when you call someone else's belief system a "narrow minded superstition", wouldn't you say that from the other person's point-of-view you are starting a theological discussion?

If someone has red hair and I say "You have red hair," I'm not starting a discussion, only making an observation. Either way, I wasn't trying to debate his theology, I was dismissing it because it was entirely inappropriate for this forum both in its content, and perhaps more importantly, its tone.

The fact that I find his beliefs entirely offensive, and to quote Campbell McGrath, "a nail in the coffin of human aspiration," is another point entirely.

And I understand the point about Star Wars, but come on, I don't let my enjoyment of a movie dictate my beliefs about reality. When the Matrix came out, I liked it, but I didn't decide that I was living in a computer as a result. I can even love Bach's sacred music without believing in God.

~Steve

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 15:33.

91. Re: bring me home Sep 22, 2003, 12:40 Von Helmet

Christian actually means "little Christ" and it was a derogatory term given to the believers when they set up church in Antioch.

James Webb... When I realised you were quoting KJV I figured you were going to be a bit brutal.

Don't judge other people, that's up to God. You can't sit there and say that anyone who doesn't believe in God will go to hell, because to be honest we don't know that for sure. What about someone who never hears about Christianity? Or someone who only hears about some crazy fire and brimstone version of it? Or a Muslim who can't convert because they'll be killed under Shari'ah law?

The best evangelism doesn't need any words at all, it just needs love. Loving your neighbour and serving them.

The internet is not the best place for verbal evangelism, so be careful trying it.

I'm a Christian, and I don't care what the rest of you say. I'll hang around and do my thing and say what I like, and hopefully won't say it in a way that is so offensive to any of you that you have to be offensive to me.

And yeah, like he said, I'll be praying for you all same as I pray for all non-believers.

Whatever, this is hard to explain. Just trying to do my bit to show a bit of real normal Christianity that doesn't preach hate the whole time!!.

90. bring me home Sep 22, 2003, 12:07 Vladislav

i have been to the other side of the twin reality/dream and all is well. the water of knowledge awaits us outside the time cube.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 12:08.

http://mercyful-fate.coven.vmh.net/

89. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 11:48 ExcessDan

are you actually in iraq or is that talking about being in a virtual iraq in a strategy game?

ExcessDan

88. No subject Sep 22, 2003, 11:33 SWATJester

From the staff of www.tacsim.com , and the now-defunct Strategy Player Magazine, my condolences to you and the whole blues family. We've been using your site as a news reference for years now, and we share in your loss.  
Dan "SWATJester" Rosenthal,
Senior Editor, www.tacsim.com
Currently serving: A co, 3/124 Infantry
Baghdad, Iraq

87. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 11:15 fiddlestix

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 18, 17:39.

86. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 11:10 tron

Again, this is not the time or place for a theological discussion of any kind.

well, steve, when you call someone else's belief system a "narrow minded superstition", wouldn't you say that from the other person's point-of-view you are starting a theological discussion?

at least i didn't tell you to "F*** Off".

and yes, star wars is a movie. written by a man. that man has beliefs. his beliefs get translated into his art. his art is open to interpretation by those who view it. usually, people who like the art the most are those who share similar ways of looking at reality. i thought that, because of your nickname, star wars would be a suitable frame of reference for throwing an idea into the mix.

i didn't mean to offend you... it was just an observation...

- tron -

---
"tron is big and tron is full of action"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer