Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Apologies for the non-update here. In brief, my mom, who has been receiving treatment lately for her second recurrence (third incidence) of breast cancer had what is described as a "massive" stroke last night. We're off to see her in the hospital, but her prognosis has been described as grim.

I just wanted to fill you in, as I'm not sure when I'll be back at this point. Thanks for your understanding, and for any good thoughts or prayers that anyone can muster on the occasion.

View
680 Replies. 34 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

419. My thoughts are with you Sep 18, 2003, 22:23 BobbySplode

Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you get back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

418. so sorry Sep 18, 2003, 22:17 Yummysnake

I've had Blues as my homepage for the last seven years. What a shock to hear this terrible news. Best of luck to your family.

417. Blue, Sep 18, 2003, 22:16 Wazootyman

Best wishes.
I'm not normally one to mention religon, but may God give you strength through this ordeal. Whatever the outcome.

416. Mom Blue Sep 18, 2003, 22:07 Docjonel

Again, another long time reader, occasional news contributor, first time poster. I had to add my prayers and support for you during this traumatic time. My condolences on your grandmother's passing and wishes for a meaningful recovery for your mom. I'm a physician in my day job, and any questions you want to ask, feel free to contact me. I'll be happy to share any knowledge I can that might be of help to you. Best wishes go out to Mom Blue and to you.

415. BEST OF LUCK BLUE! Sep 18, 2003, 22:02 Randy

Blue,

I've been coming to your page longer than I can remember. It has been one of the few pages I have kept coming back to.

Best of luck with your mom, sucks it happens so close with the grandma and such.. but hang in there!

No kidding, I idolize this friggin page. I was wearing one of your shirts the other day and someone asked if I was blue.. heh no joke. I tried running a page called humor weekly for awhile, before it got too expensive but I wanted to have a page like yours.

Anyway, I hope the best for you and these tough times will not last. You have a lot of people you've touched here man, I think you can definately see that!

414. News Update Sep 18, 2003, 21:56 Dr.Del

Blue,
again sorry for what has happened. I wisk you the best.

Blue has kept us updated for almost 8 years, now it is time for us to keep the site fresh when he is in need! Let's all pitch in for Blue's sake! Here is my contribution of some interesting headlines:

World of Warcraft Update
Saw on Shack that The WoW website reveals that there will be six major cities in Azeroth. I was surprised by this since most mmorpgs I have played as of late have at least 8 cities. Does anyone know if WoW allows for player made cities? Sure hope so.

Words 3D demo pulled
According to VE3D, the demo has been pulled by request of Team 17. Team 17 is stating that their product has been leaked and that neither their organization or Activision released it to the public. They state that a new demo will be posted in 7 days time.

Star Wars Episode 3
Gnsproject.com has posted that Star Wars Episode 3 has finished filming on Wednesday, 5 days ahead of schedule. No title for the film has been decided yet. The Phantom Menace has been released on DVD which is the first of the SW movies on this medium. Us Canucks can get it for a whopping $41.98. Starwars.com has more info.

TTOEE Download on Kazaa
I noticed on the Q23 forums yesterday that Atari is teaming up with Kazaa if you can believe it 0_o. You can download a 6 hour time restricted demo of the Temple of Elemental Evil from Kazaa for free. (Tip: Once the 6 hours is up, simply turn your computer clock back 6 hours and keep playing!)

Link(s) of the Day
Nostalgic Blue website links:
http://www.panix.com/~sheaslip/quake/

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:swnURfJkYm4J:www.panix.com/~sheaslip/3d/quake.shtml+blue+quake+rag&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

http://www.bluesnews.com/archives/july96.html

Just a few tidbits that I found interesting. If I have poor grammar or mispelled a few words please forgive. I am not up to the standard that Blue has created for gaming news for the past number of years.

- Dr.Del
This comment was edited on Sep 18, 22:08.

- DrDel

413. Blue's Family, Blue the man, Blue'sNews Sep 18, 2003, 21:45 Rumred

Blue,
I have been viewing your site for about 7 years and never posted until now. I am very sorry to hear about your Mom and Grandma. I wish you and your family the best. Your site is by far my favorite and i have enjoyed many hours of reading your comments and news.

I have always appreciated the fact you kept your site free and done your best to accommodate your viewers even though some of them have been, at times, rude and selfish. Most of us really do care and love the hard work you put into your outstanding site.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

All my best,

Ed

412. best wishes... Sep 18, 2003, 21:42 randomLurkerGuy

Blue,

another long time reader, first time poster. all my best to you and yours. keep your head up.

411. so sorry to hear, Sep 18, 2003, 21:37 john

wishing you and you family the strength to deal with this

My dad died recently and its hard to talk about it still. Letting go of him is impossible but reading the following, which is one of his favorites, always makes me feel he is close:

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran: Death
You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
Is the sheered not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

410. Re: sorry Sep 18, 2003, 21:30 Bill Borre

I'm sorry to hear of the news regarding your mother, Stephen.

409. Re: sorry Sep 18, 2003, 21:28 Learning

My family's prayers are with you and your mother Blue.Good luck.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

408. Take Your Time Sep 18, 2003, 21:19 rugbybandit

hey blue,

take your time and take care of family... that is the most important thing. my thoughts are with you and your family.

407. No subject Sep 18, 2003, 21:12 Spencer

Been reading your page nearly everyday for a long time-thank you for providing it. Just wanted to give you my best wishes and support.

406. I'm so sorry Blue Sep 18, 2003, 21:08 Petey D

Yet another lurker that had to step up and wish you the very best in this situation. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take your time with this, we all understand...

405. Best Wishes Sep 18, 2003, 21:06 Topdeck

Best wishes Blue, I hope everything works out for you and you and your family.

Topdeck

404. Re: Keep your head up Blue! Sep 18, 2003, 21:03 frag.machine

I am living exactly the same situation that you, Blue. And I know how important is a sincere support word. So, I join my words to all the other messages to wish the best for you and your mom.

403. hang in there Sep 18, 2003, 21:01 Valkin

Hang in there Blue, i've been in a similar situation, my thoughts and prayers goes out to you and your family.

402. Sorry to hear it... Sep 18, 2003, 20:59 Dead Man Walking

Blue, sorry to hear about your mom. My grandmother is currently losing round 3 to cancer. Its tough and definitely takes a huge toll on everyone involved. But it is possible to fight back. I've been told twice now that my grandmother was going to die and she is still doing great. Heres wishing your mom a speedy recover.

One thing you have almost always done in the past was to post to the site no matter what. Take a break man. Look at the number of posts in this thread. We are not going anywhere. Take some time off to recover yourself from this and come back to us in some time. You of all people deserve that much.

Your family will be in my family's prayers.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 21:09.

401. No subject Sep 18, 2003, 20:57 WallytheWalrus

Best wishes and god be with you.

680 Replies. 34 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo