Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Apologies for the non-update here. In brief, my mom, who has been receiving treatment lately for her second recurrence (third incidence) of breast cancer had what is described as a "massive" stroke last night. We're off to see her in the hospital, but her prognosis has been described as grim.

I just wanted to fill you in, as I'm not sure when I'll be back at this point. Thanks for your understanding, and for any good thoughts or prayers that anyone can muster on the occasion.

View
680 Replies. 34 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

520. Hang Tuff Blue ... Sep 19, 2003, 05:33 [MP] Wolverine [MP]

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

519. Prayers from Iraq Sep 19, 2003, 05:09 SWATJester

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's condition. I will be praying for you, and will ask our battalion chaplain to submit a prayer for her. As a fellow member of the gaming industry (even though I've been inactive while deployed overseas) we all rely on the quality news available here at Blue's, and as an industry we support you in your time of tragedy.  
Dan "SWATJester" Rosenthal,
Senior Editor, www.tacsim.com
Currently serving: A co, 3/124 Infantry
Baghdad, Iraq

518. all the best Sep 19, 2003, 05:03 Trev

I suppose I am a quasi lurker. I have been reading blue's news for, I cannot even remember how long. When I relate blue's exploits to friends I don't talk about him as some webmaster, I start off with "My friend stephen..."

Blue and Blue's News is a part of my life. As for any friend, I wish you all the best. Take all the time you need. Dr. Del is doing some good work keeping the news updated.

By the way, my mom loves your chili so much she refuses to make her own chili anymore. I have to make it for her two or three times year.

Keep up the amazing work,
Trev

Trevor

517. Best wishes Sep 19, 2003, 05:02 AveNgeR

I've been lurking here for quite some years now, but never posted much, and so I am again somewhat at a loss of words here. I just want to let you know, Blue, that there is a great community standing behind you.

516. Thanks dan Sep 19, 2003, 04:16 CLinton

Blue supporter. Its good to know people use this message board to support blue, his family and all the work he does.

515. Dear Fredrick Sep 19, 2003, 04:12 CLinton

Please Do not post on this site unless you can show apologize. I do not threaten anyone normally but know that I have your I.P. address from when you last tried to post. I will be notifiying your network administrator for your local service provider. Which might I add is perfectly legal. Your name always has a face even on the internet thanks to your I.P. address which is availble to all legally (same tool RIAA probably uses). Please apoligize and we are Even. Unless you want to explain to the other users on your computer why your service has been discontinued.

Thanks Fredrick

514. No subject Sep 19, 2003, 03:55  Philip Harris 

Our thoughts are with you.

Phil

513. Re: What is precious Sep 19, 2003, 03:47 ExcessDan

no post is better than a censored one
This comment was edited on Sep 19, 04:29.

ExcessDan

512. Re: What is precious Sep 19, 2003, 03:40 fredrickson-reincarnated

Deleted.  

511. Re: What is precious Sep 19, 2003, 03:38 fredrickson-reincarnated

Deleted.  

510. Re: What is precious Sep 19, 2003, 03:37 fredrickson-reincarnated

Deleted.  

509. Re: What is precious Sep 19, 2003, 03:37 fredrickson-reincarnated

Deleted.  

508. Re: Your Mom Sep 19, 2003, 03:33 Dwarf_Snowninja

No Apologies Blue. This is much more important than a website. Know that I'm praying for the best for you and your family.

507. Your Mom Sep 19, 2003, 03:26 NyTeMair

My family and I are praying to the Lord to heal your mother and to comfort you and yours! I just lost my grandfather less than 2 weeks ago, we were very close, so I pray you will fair better. Take what ever time you need, we are able to understand and survive without you for a while.

Take care and God Bless you and your family!!

~NyTeMair

506. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2003, 03:13 AtomicFishyStick

Sorry to hear that :(. I know what it can been like to lose a loved one so good luck on keeping your mom around. I hope everything works out for you :(.

505. Sorry to here about Ma'Blue Sep 19, 2003, 03:10 Gorthaur

Sorry to hear about this Blue. Our family is praying for your family.

504. Great Job Blue}p Hope your okay Sep 19, 2003, 03:04 CLinton

I normally check blues news daily. The work that he does on this site is nothing short of superb. I like other users have not had an account on blues news untill today. It is unfortunate that a certain poster (fredrick) can not respect blue for what he and is family is going through. Does Fredrick not realize that through a couple of simple key strokes his I.P. address can be common information and that the least of his worries is his crappy email account on hotmail. I think I would be more worried about my entire harddrive. Apoligize fredrodrigueziii@hotmail.com I don't like to ask twice.

Thank you

503. No subject Sep 19, 2003, 03:02 Nonicknameforme

Yep I figured that some idiot would have to show his ass, what has to happen to someone to make them so stupid as to be a dick like that? Well I guess I don't have to go investing any effort in things like faith in humanity. You are worthless Fredrickson, and you know it dont you? I can only hope you get everything you ever deserved.

"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

502. Best wishes Sep 19, 2003, 02:51 SleepingDog

First post from a long time bluesnews lurker ...

All the best wishes to your mother!

SleepingDog

501. Mothers Sep 19, 2003, 02:45 IAM->TheDoctor

Mothers are the font of life,
They heal your pains,
They deal with strife.

Our jobs (as offspring) so it would seem,
Is to learn from Mothers,
What love should mean.

Above all things that we can do,
Is share that love,
With folks like Blue.

He gives his all most every day,
Through good and bad,
Has lots to say.

We know he is a goodly son,
For taking time,
With every one.

We gladly offer this time we pray,
For we hear your sadness,
In what you say.

Know then, that we'll do our parts,
Your fears and grief,
Are in our hearts.

Our love and prayers go out to you,
Beloved Mother,
Of our Blue.

---

I AM just a simple man,
Whose words may wander,
Without a plan.

I hoped to offer strength today,
My words are often,
Gone astray.

Mark W. Farrell

680 Replies. 34 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo