Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 1942: Tool/Map Plans & More

An update to the Battlefield 1942 Website (thanks Ant) covers a variety of present and future topics related to the World War II FPS, including the current availability of the Secret Weapons add-on, troubleshooting tips for virtual CD drives or misprinted CD keys, pimpage for their server leasing program, the promise of first crack at goodies like a new BF: Vietnam trailer and the next official map release (The Philippines, due in "early October") for those who sign up for their official newsletter, and, as excerpted here, the status of a couple of the hottest issues in the community at the moment, the CD swap issue, and the status of a modification SDK. Here's the deal:

Mod Development Toolkit
We're excited to announce the development of a new toolkit for the Battlefield 1942 mod community - a Mod Development Toolkit. We will be releasing an Open Beta version of the MDT in the near future. Please watch this space for more details.

CD-Swapping in 1.45
We are looking at a fix for this. The issue isn't just that the Battlefield SafeDisk check has to work with Road to Rome and Secret Weapons, but we have to ensure that it works with mods as well. This has required a lengthier development time. However, we are dedicated to getting a fix in place ASAP. Please stay tuned for updates.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2003, 01:52 cia

Have fun acting like trained dogs fetching each CD when EA snaps their fingers. Heel doggies - be good consumers, and jump through hoops! HAHA no thanks!

I bought the first and if it wasn't for the NOCD crack, it would never get played. I don't have room for a kennel over here, and the message to EA is no more dollars for the franchise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2003, 11:41 Quboid

OK, I looked there and didn't see a suitable one. I guess I'm just blind.

Cheers,
Quboid

- Quboid

14. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2003, 11:20 Raised

#13 such crack is out already.. I've had it for at least a week. I don't know if it's against the rules to post this, but it's on gamecopyworld. CD checks are just so damn annoying.

13. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2003, 06:19 Quboid

Yeah, I crack them all. In fact, if a game can't be cracked I propbably won't buy it unless it's a really great title. I'm generally in favour of CD-Keys - I don't like game piracy and unlike a couple of other entertainment forms, the industry does lose quite a lot. CD-Keys seem to work pretty well and I've never seen anyone get around them properly.

Still wishing I could find a crack for BF1942 1.45 which just removes the CD check and doesn't mess with the key, making it only run on cracked servers

Cheers,
Quboid

- Quboid

12. Re: 'BFT! Sep 14, 2003, 04:15 ExcessDan

I don't think you can get around cd keys. Sure there are cracked servers where you don't need a cd key but they are few and crappy.

Love,

Dan

xoxo

"Life is such a sweet insanity, the more you learn the less you know." ---Hogan

ExcessDan

11. 'BFT! Sep 13, 2003, 22:43 Bloodwolf

Mod Dev Kit - About fekking time!

SafeDisk - Utter crap, anyone who can get around cd keys is going to get around SafeDisk. Only honest customers get affected by this craptastic cd check.

Lord BloodWolf

10. No subject Sep 13, 2003, 22:28 Vlad the Impaler

Why the hell isn't SafeDisc dead yet anyway? Publishers must be aware by now of all the problems it's caused. It's not exactly that difficult to find cracks online. I crack all my games, as I bet most other serious gamers do.  
-Vlad

9. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2003, 19:46 ExcessDan

The reviews for SW say otherwise.

Love,

Dan

xoxo

ExcessDan

8. No subject Sep 13, 2003, 19:11 PHJF

And how about that Battlecraft, anyways?

If I can somehow make a map without it crashing, the game doesn't run the map at all.

Another catalyst of the hundreds of crash to desktops riddled throughout the game, all unpatched.

And that guy was dead on; these xpacks are not worth money.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2003, 18:31 ExcessDan

You put your cd's back in their boxes?
Are you short of breath when you take the cd back out of the box?

Love,

Dan

xoxo

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 18:59.

ExcessDan

6. No subject Sep 13, 2003, 18:04 D4rkKnight

I love BF1942's cd checks! Want to join a BF1942 map? Please insert BF1942 cd! Oh, server timed out? Now you wanna do a Road to Rome map?? Well, Go get your Road to Rome box out cause now you need that cd!! Its as if they promote pirating of games to remove cd-checks. How has safedisc ever helped anyone, they end up cracking its protection in what? 5 minutes? Damn you game makers are dumb sometimes.

5. Re: Credit where credit's due Sep 13, 2003, 17:42 RaT the HaT

Credit where credit's due???????

Before the release they said the SDK might be on the CD with the game... then they said it was coming in at least one of the early patches... then it was one of their "top priorities"... Now a year later it's still something that's going to happen in the future... AND they aren't releasing the SDK they are releasing some sort of Mod Dev Toolkit...... They have been lining thier pockets with useless overpriced expansion packs which could have been developed by mod makers faster. DICE has NEVER supported the average users. They don't go in the forums answering questions and they HINT at future releases and release TINY expansion packs that you have to pay for.

If you want to see customer support AFTER a game is purchased go see what EPIC does for their customers. FREE expansion packs, TONES of patches, SDK right on the CD with the game, ENDLESS help in the forums for how to do things.

EA/DICE is a JOKE as far as customer service goes in my oppinion.

4. Re: Credit where credit's due Sep 13, 2003, 17:39 Hump

credit where credit's due - DICE and EA are giving this great post sales support.

more like DICE trying to to explain to EA why supporting cutomers AFTER the purchase by releasing mod tools is a GOOD thing. Unless they see a return on invested development dollars within a fiscal quarter they dont want to hear about it. If EA had only given the go ahead immediatly after release for an SDK they probably would've had triple the player base they have now just from mods.

God I despise that company.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PAH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Credit where credit's due Sep 13, 2003, 17:31 Quboid

I was really disappointed with BF1942 but credit where credit's due - DICE and EA are giving this great post sales support. The SDK was/is slow to arrive, as was the level editor and there have been some glaring problems, but none the less, impressive stuff considering the game's a year old.

Why don't they remove the CD check? The single player is crap, I can't see many people playing that. Online play needs a CD check which are hugely more effective than CD checks in that they actually work. LAN matches are the only time that I'd say CD-check is any use but is this benefit worth the hassle? Is stopping LAN copyright abuse really that good a thing? The LAN players still can't play online with their copied copy and the single player remains crap - all they'll use it for is LAN play, which few people are going to go buy a game just for - however they might play it on LAN and like it enough to buy a retail game for it's CD-Key - making allowing LAN copying beneficial for a game.

Cheers,
Quboid

- Quboid

2. Re: Just remove the CD check completely. Sep 13, 2003, 17:24 ExcessDan

I guess complete cd key checks would be a good idea.
I want fucking uber servers with maps from all expansions!

Love,

Dan

xoxo

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 17:24.

ExcessDan

1. Just remove the CD check completely. Sep 13, 2003, 17:19 MeatForce

Goofs.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo