Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Purge Jihad Beta

The Purge Online Website now offers downloads of a beta version 1.8 of the upcoming Jihad free add-on for Purge, Freeform Interactive's FPS/RPG. Word is: "Purge Jihad has an extensive number of new skills and weapons. This beta only tests that, thus it only 15MB. It also has gibs/limb-loss and 5 minute Portal protection. Other features for Purge Jihad such as the Deities, the Altar, and the new Prayer System are NOT in this beta."

View
7. Re: Jihad Sep 12, 2003, 22:51 SCG

The only reason for them to call it 'Jihad' is because of recent events. It gets free PR, plain and simple...and that is a disgrace from the start...now spank me and shut up...

Bzzt. Wrong!

Actually, it's is called "Jihad" because it is based their own Quake mod called FvF which had a "Jihad" mode. That mod also had a "Purge" mode. This name Purge Jihad what most of their fans expected it to be called.

That FvF mod is like 5 years old. Saying this has anything to do with current events just shows how retarded you really are. Why the publisher chose to announce it now -- that's a different question. Maybe that was for publicity, but as for naming it "Jihad", that's a reference to FvF.

It has nothing do with today's events. I know because I was a big FvF fan back in high school and still remember FvF Jihad.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 12, 14:28 Jihad Jobz
  2. Sep 12, 15:58  Re: Jihad RegularX
  3. Sep 12, 16:26   Re: Jihad Schnapple
  4. Sep 12, 16:54   Re: Jihad SCG
  5. Sep 12, 18:09    Re: Jihad Bob
  6. Sep 12, 20:52     Re: Jihad Rigs
>> 7. Sep 12, 22:51      Re: Jihad SCG
  8. Sep 13, 09:29       Re: Jihad Rigs

footer

Blue's News logo