Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

MoH AA Breakthrough Demo

The countdown clock on the Medal of Honor Allied Assault Website has reached zero, and sure enough, TKO Software's demo of the Breakthrough expansion pack for 2015's World War II shooter is now available on their downloads page. The two-level multiplayer demo is a 204 MB download, which is mirrored on 3D Gamers, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games Online, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), FileShack (registration required), Fragland, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot, Gaming Asylum, IGN, and Worthplaying.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: You're Forgetting... Sep 12, 2003, 08:23 Karsten

You're Forgetting... Sep 11, 19:20 Shamus

Don't forget for those who are disapointed with this "Expansion Pack" demo. It is merely that, an expansion. Not a NEW and improved game - just new levels and new weapons et. al. MOH Pacific Assult is a NEW and improved game. What did you expect? Look forward to the new MOH and CoD for better graphics and gameplay.

-Shamus

If that where only true. I loved MOH and it ran good on much older Hardware. Now a slideshow with the specs that I posted... Why would that be for "ONLY" a Expansion Pack?!

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 08:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. dissapointed.. AGAIN ! Sep 11, 2003, 21:11 Killer Kane

man i loved MOH AA , one of the best games ever , was dissapointed w/ spearhead ( it felt like they fucked up the code bigtime , both the net & SP ) now another BIG letdown , i hoped they would address these issues but...i guess we can expect the same from pacific assault now ...THANK GOD FOR COD !

51. You're Forgetting... Sep 11, 2003, 19:20 Shamus

Don't forget for those who are disapointed with this "Expansion Pack" demo. It is merely that, an expansion. Not a NEW and improved game - just new levels and new weapons et. al. MOH Pacific Assult is a NEW and improved game. What did you expect? Look forward to the new MOH and CoD for better graphics and gameplay.

-Shamus

50. Disapointing, ie not worth the download! Sep 11, 2003, 10:17 Karsten

Well... I was looking forward to it, but performance SUCKS FIDDLESTICKS! I have a p4 2.53; 1 gig of Ram, ATI 9500 OC to perform like a 9700 and I can't see any fluent game play regardless what options I set. Good bye MOH, you been a good friend... a long time ago!

49. Re: Boooooring Sep 11, 2003, 10:09 JediLuke

I played a liberation game for about 15 minutes..>>Still couldnt tell who was friendly and who wasnt

Are you serious? Friendlies have a symbol floating above their heads and when you point at them the cursor turns green and displays their name. Maybe the server you were on had some options set funny. I think liberation was fun as hell.

~Steve

48. Re: EA DOES Have M Games Sep 11, 2003, 08:44 Jobz

how does it run on a low end system? spearhead was unplayable.

47. Boooooring Sep 11, 2003, 03:35 Slingblade

Just played it...Nothing new here. NOTHING. I played a liberation game for about 15 minutes..>>Still couldnt tell who was friendly and who wasnt

After BF1942 this seems very chaotic and uninteresting.

Sling

46. EA DOES Have M Games Sep 11, 2003, 02:54 Bob James

Deaths Shadow is wrong. EA does some M games:

- American McGee's Alice - Rated M
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Rated M

Bob James
HALF-PRICE SOFTWARE

PC Games at up to Half-Off List Price
http://www.stores.ebay.com/halfpricesoftware/

45. Re: Jesus Murphy Sep 11, 2003, 02:31 ExcessDan

no i think mohaa was the xmas before that

Love,

Dan

xoxo

"Life is such a sweet insanity, the more you learn the less you know." ---Hogan

ExcessDan

44. No subject Sep 11, 2003, 00:08 RazorWynd

Crusader no remorse did ownz0r

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

43. No subject Sep 10, 2003, 23:36 Da Stylin' Rastan

Crusader: no Remorse was indeed a great game, one of the last good DOS games before the Windows revolution took place...

Let's not forget No Regret either, lots of fun to be had by all in the heydays

-DSR

42. Re: Bitching Sep 10, 2003, 22:58 vacs

Yup I'm sure I own at least 5 ea products from back in the day of Ultima, Crusader No Remorse, ect. Before EA changed there policy to the policy of only Teen games will be published.

Crusader: no Remorse was indeed a great game, one of the last good DOS games before the Windows revolution took place...

I miss that time!

41. Re: Jesus Murphy Sep 10, 2003, 22:13 Killer Kane

OLD ??? didnt MOH AA come out last Xmas ? sure its "played out" by now , but OLD ?...BTW the blood patches available for MOH are better than anything EA would have included anyway , so who gives a shit anymore if blood & guts are omitted...HELL the COD demo had blood patches the day after release ( along with a slew of other mods )

40. No subject Sep 10, 2003, 21:58 RazorWynd

its not a bad rifle at all actually

39. No subject Sep 10, 2003, 21:57 RazorWynd

i like this expack...its funarific

did you know that the Italian carcano rifle in this game was the same gun used to assassinate JFK

you used to be able to order it for 20 bucks

38. Re: Bitching Sep 10, 2003, 21:15 Brick

"Why do you think realism players suck on default servers, yet default players own on realism servers?"

Now you're being just plain goofy to make such a statement. My play skill, or lack thereof, as with most of the guys I know, is eqivalent on any mod or server running. As I said earlier, I play on the same servers with mostly the same people and we mostly use bolts (although most of the servers don't restrict). On a default server, the bolt is the only "one shot" kill. So what advantage does the "default" player have?

37. Re: Bitching Sep 10, 2003, 20:24 Rico

Oh god, your an idiot.

Whats wrong with personal preference? Who's to say that their arent amazing players who play both non realism and realism? Ive played both and seen the best of each!

Personally i liked realism more because it played better (e.g not taking a whole smg clip to kill). It made mausers that muich more fun to use.

And if it is just for n00bs, then there are a hell of a lot of n00b servers and n00b clans.

36. Re: Bitching Sep 10, 2003, 20:10 Bingo

Sorry but there is nothing challenging about Realism, it's a mod for people that simple can't aim properly. Goto any realism clan server and u will simply see 80% of the people camping with STG's. Go to a clan default server and u will see skillful players that are excellent shots.

Why do you think realism players suck on default servers, yet default players own on realism servers?

Simple thing is that realism is for noobs that don't take it too serious. Default is for the pros. If I were wrong, why are all the best MOH players default clan members?

I have a feeling that many of the top MOH players will drop MOH altogether after this very poor showing from Breakout and start playing COD (providing Multi is cool)

35. Re: ok so i finally played it Sep 10, 2003, 20:02 Rico

OMG this game is far worse than i had expected. I would probably have bought this had I not tried this demo, luckily i did though.

It plays exactly like Spearhead (jerky and just plain crap, bring back the old style mohaa). In fact, it has most the content of SH + a couple of guns and maps (wow ). The new "Liberation" mode is an interesting concept but doesnt make up for the poor gameplay. A plus factor is that the map Anzio is cool but the jerkyness of play just spoils it.

This is one step forward and two steps back for the MoH series and i WONT be buying this, bring on CoD.

34. Re: Bitching Sep 10, 2003, 19:39 Brick

I think the Liberation (Jailbreak) mode is decent enough if the players involved grasp the concept of it. Think of it as round-based except you get a second chance ;). Though there's nothing worse than having most of your team behind bars except for a couple of wank campers who have no intention of making they're way to help you... makes for a long round.

As for the constant whining that goes on regarding play mods and play styles then I guess you guys may want to check out ASE and book mark decent servers that play to your liking and run or don't run mods. I'll play realism servers with a bolt (mostly) but if I get STG'ed or nade spammed then that's life (I know, it does truly suck to see a guy you know has skill use a noobstick)... but...you guys want a challenge don't ya???

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo