Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF1942 Patch Fix

A fixed version of the incremental patch for Battlefield 1942 is now available, addressing the 'this patch couldn't actually be applied' bug that impacted those with the Battle of Britain map installed. The new version 1.45 upgrade patch can be found on 3D Gamers, FileFront, FileShack (registration required), GameCenter.cz, Gamer's Hell, and Games Fusion.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: WTF Sep 5, 2003, 21:25 ExcessDan

Wednesday.. Blue posted it too

Love,

Dan

xoxo

ExcessDan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. WTF Sep 5, 2003, 21:17 ZzeusS

When did Secret Weapons come out!? Sheesh, nobody ever tells me anything.

20. Re: Dork Dork Sep 5, 2003, 20:43 Soupkin

well that was mean  
Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.

19. Re: Dork Dork Sep 5, 2003, 20:34 ExcessDan

I will never be silenced bigp3rm... never.

Love,

Dan

xoxo

ExcessDan

18. Re: Secret Weapons Sep 5, 2003, 20:32 /FÂ\ SLI

The CD swap is a real issue. I (for now) am playing the Battle of Britan map exclusively. So what about this and Aberdeen?, Tthey are not part of either CD (i've tried w/but the base and RTR CD's in my 2 drives) and I get the CD error after I leave the first server I join and play in (when I try to join another game). Only a full backout to desktop will make the error go away until after I leave the first server I join again, la-la-la...lather-rinse-repeat.

17. Dork Dork Sep 5, 2003, 20:24 bigp3rm

Dan shut up.. thank you

16. Re: Secret Weapons Sep 5, 2003, 18:12 ExcessDan

I use all seeing eye. http://www.udpsoft.com
If you don't like that there is another program like it called Gamespy 3d: http://www.gamespy3d.com And no, it is nothing like Gspy Arcade!

In game server browsers are always garbage.

Love,
Dan

xoxo

ExcessDan

15. Re: Secret Weapons Sep 5, 2003, 18:04 JAGUART

Hey Dan, (or anyone else) I'm not showing a filter selection for Secret Weapons in the drop down menu in the in-game interface on the right hand side. My BF1942, RtR, and DC shows up, but there's no way to filter for just SW servers. Anybody else experience this?

Public opinion version .1b Alpha and a Supporter of the "A happy poster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

14. Full of shit or never bothered to try? Sep 5, 2003, 17:32 ExcessDan

On top of that I just put the Secret Weapons CD into my DVD drive which is not the one I installed it from and played on that SW server playing the vanilla BF map, Bocage, and it detected the CD in the other drive and loaded up the map.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ExcessDan

13. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 17:27 ExcessDan

Btw, to make sure Battlefield wasn't checking the original cd in my drive, I just took out the original CD out of my DVD drive and went and loaded up a Secret Weapons server playing the Bocage map and it loaded fine with only the Secret Weapons CD in my CD/RW drive.

ExcessDan

12. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 17:23 ExcessDan

are you sure lugnut? i have my original cd in my 2nd drive for when i play mods and it doesn't matter which drive has the cd in it

ExcessDan

11. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 17:10 LugNut

Err ok, yes, this explains why using my rtr cd doesnt work and the plain one did/does.
however, I have 2 burners and a dvd player in my system, but this makes no diff as the registry entries specify the CDrom used during install as the data drive to play with.

Speaking of which, i exported my bf reg entrys from the getgo, cause unlike idsoftware other companies just dont understand as gamers, we copy sh*t from one drive to the next, and dont want to have to reinstall everytime.(so those of us smart enough, export the reg entries)...Soooo..when I installed 1.45 update, it didnt like this and said I wasnt installed, so I did the FULL update instead which worked, but I hate how game companies cant get past using the registry for this crap, especially EA, who's always had issues with their games and cdrom drives (NFS anyone?)

Anyway, always a blast to come to the blue forums...just generally a reader.

10. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:59 JAGUART

Its true. You have to swap CD's in accordance with the map being played. Luckily I have two drives so I place the BF1942 in one and RtR in the other, but its still a pain, esp for the majority that have one drive.

Public opinion version .1b Alpha and a Supporter of the "A happy poster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

9. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:59 ExcessDan

Just stick to RTR servers that play all maps. There is nothing to whine about. Or better yet buy a DVD player for your computer and keep both cd's in the drive.

ExcessDan

8. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:55 Atomic

Yea, whatever you say Dan.

http://www.bf42.com/forums/showthread.php?s=b1265be55548489e1c5e93a42ee068ac&threadid=40858&highlight=swap

Not to mention, I've experienced it, but I appreciate your insightful commentary.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

7. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:41 ExcessDan

It's just a lot of crying over nothing.

Also I meant to mention that this fix is like what? A week late?

ExcessDan

6. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:40 ExcessDan

I don't see the problem... I join RTR servers that play both original and RTR maps and it only needs the RTR cd.

ExcessDan

5. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:20 Atomic

Before the 1.45 patch, I could play any map with just my RtR CD. After the patch, if a server was running a vanilla 1942 map, you'd have to put in your original CD. If it switch to a RtR map, you'd have to put in your RtR CD. Want to play DC? Back to the original CD.

Annoying, to say the least.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

4. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:18 Atomic

Thanks Blue. Guess I'll stick with 1.4 for a while.

-George Bernard Shaw

3. Re: CD swap Sep 5, 2003, 16:18 LugNut

whats the cd swap issue? first i've heard of it.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo