Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Space Colony Demo

The Gigex streaming download service is now offering a 122 MB demo version of Space Colony, allowing the chance to sample Firefly Studios' upcoming management game that puts the player in control of a colony full of space cadets. Word is: "The Space Colony demo allows players to play through three missions and meet six of the 20 wacky space cadets. The Space Colony demo will also be available on CD at GameStop and Electronic Boutique stores nationwide starting in September."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. note to self Sep 5, 2003, 11:55 Styopa

Avoid games whose description contains the word "wacky".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Just add... Sep 4, 2003, 20:09 Hunterzyph

Selective breeding for populating the space colony and you could double your audience!

9. Re: Opinions? Sep 4, 2003, 18:43 Jubal Harshaw

The sims go to space.. thats exactly what this reminds me of... not too sure about it yet..

8. Re: Opinions? Sep 4, 2003, 16:54 JHMirage

To answer your question Jeff, yes people have tried it.

Okay. Thanks very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computer over?
Virus = very yes?
That's not a good prize!

7. Re: Opinions? Sep 4, 2003, 15:45 Liquid

To answer your question Jeff, yes people have tried it.  
--
I like the Quake 3 Arena.

6. Re: Sep 4, 2003, 15:15 Rhino

Erm... not sure what happened with the subject heading. That sure wasn't the one that was in the subject field when I was posting... :-/

5. On Save Games and other junk Sep 4, 2003, 15:14 Rhino

Tried it, enjoyed it immensely, in spite of the headaches caused by some of the characters fighting incessantly. Sure, it's hilarious... but sooner or later they're almost dead... and where does that leave me? Honestly, while the basics are nothing we haven't seen before, it's approached in a manner that is fairly creative and enjoyable.

Shortened version: a little weird; but it's good.

4. Demo Review Sep 4, 2003, 14:53 D4rkKnight

I played it for about 10 minutes, after that I couldnt stand it anymore so I removed all living structures (shower, food, beds) and watched the people start losing it, they eventually ended up in a never-ending fist fight between the 4 of them, I quit right about then.

I score this game 1/5, it gets a 1 because its fun to hear some of the insults the citizens mutter, espiecially the Eminem ripoff guy.

3. Opinions? Sep 4, 2003, 14:00 JHMirage

Anyone tried this yet? On first glance, it looks an awful lot like Startopia... (not a bad thing, I guess.)

Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computer over?
Virus = very yes?
That's not a good prize!

2. No subject Sep 4, 2003, 13:06 Rainier

In case blue's email STILL does not work (or auto ignores me), there is always the Worthplaying mirror ...

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=12710

No annoying download tool needed, of course

1. Gigex Sep 4, 2003, 13:05 Quboid

Oh Gigex, how I hate you. WTF is wrong with ye olde download dialog box?

Cheers,
Quboid

- Quboid

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo