Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Site Seeing - H&D2

Gathering sends word that the Hidden & Dangerous 2 Website has been relaunched (again - story) offering a noisy introduction to Illusion Softworks' upcoming World War II tactical strategy game sequel. Also, the official Legacy of Kain: Defiance Website is now online, though unlike the previous Legacy of Kain games, there are no plans for a PC version this time around. Update: Though this last point seems to be in question, as that new webpage only displays PS2 and Xbox logos, but this German Eidos Webpage sent along by jd of Tiscali Games also proffers a PC-CD logo.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Re Axed COOP Mode? Sep 4, 2003, 03:39 Draco

Haven't played it, I might give it a go.. I suppose that depends. Recommend?

But indeed, one thing that annoys me is the lack of co-op in most of these games coming out. I want to see an excellent co-op DEMO to be released, now if that doesn't sell I dunno what will. (Aside from an HL2 demo)

It's just so rare to see that type of MP mode. It shocks me to no end seeing game after game possibly have tons more potential if only for some co-op lovin. :\

*sigh*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re Axed COOP Mode? Sep 3, 2003, 17:07 JAGUART

Crap, that was the best part in the Original Hidden and Dangerous. Myself and three other friends played through the entire game in co-op mode on a LAN. There really wasn't any other way to play that game. The single player interface was clunky and the missions were too hard to manage by yourself. But multiplayer co-op was a total blast. That was one of the funnest times I've ever had playing co-op including the Rainbox Six series or any RTS.

Public opinion version .1b Alpha and a Supporter of the "A happy poster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

5. Re: Dear Soup... Sep 3, 2003, 16:13 Bingo

Yeah I had high hopes for the sequal too until I read that they have axed the thing that made H&D so good........COOP mode

4. Re: Dear Soup... Sep 3, 2003, 15:42 JediLuke

Yea, H&D was really cool but flawed. I have high hopes for the sequel.

Stop bitching about WWII games, or any other setting for that matter. The complaining about purported cliches has now become a cliche. If the game is good, that's cool, I don't care about the setting.

~Steve

3. Re: Dear Soup... Sep 3, 2003, 15:18 Pie-Oh-Pah

erm H&D was the original WW2 squad shooter......

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 15:25.

2. Re: Dear Soup... Sep 3, 2003, 15:07 MindTrigger

WOW... how original. Yet another WWII game/sequel.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

1. Re: Dear Soup... Sep 3, 2003, 14:38 Species8472

...though unlike the previous Legacy of Kain games, there are no plans for a PC version this time around...

sorry to say that, but you are wrong; it was announced several times before and was made very clear at the GC 2003 (on a Ad-CD-Rom i.e. - they had even a early cover design on it) that a PC version is in the plans (thankfully) - hope they didn't can that...

--------------------------------------------------
just because of Ray...

http://users.ign.com/collection/species8472

--------------------------------------------------
"...you don't see me - 'cause I don't have much to say..."
http://www.gathering.nl

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo