Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Step Right Up, Live Human Target (registration required), thanks Mike Martinez, is a story on a paintball shooting gallery dealie using live targets. This reminds me of a trip to a boardwalk I made with my then-girlfriend back during the first Gulf War. They had the first of these that I had ever heard of, where you could pay to take shots with a paintball marker at a guy in fatigues and a Saddam mask. I'm actually a pretty good shot, and I pegged him right in the head with my first shot, but his reaction was to give me a good neener neener neener, saying it didn't hurt a bit. Now I didn't expect him to fall and play dead, but this was particularly unsatisfying, so quickly evaluating my options, I proceeded to empty my remaining paintballs rapid fire in a nice tight grouping on his crotch.

I had the class not to return his neeners as we walked away. I'm guessing these guys wear cups now.

Links of the Day: The 40oz Archive.
Flying Pig Gallery.
The WallComp.
Stories of the Day: 'Dead' Vietnamese man revived. Thanks Ulster.
Media of the Day: Xiaoxiao Matrix Reloaded. Stick figures go thick figures (and commercial).
We Like The Moon. Thanks Dan Leadbetter. Rathergood goes Ratherbad.
Image of the Day: The ULTIMATE Game Room. Thanks Ant.
Wild Science: Microscopic Detectives on Patrol.
Experimental heart pump may be transplant alternative.
Weird Science: Draft of Air Rule Is Said to Exempt Many Old Plants (registration required). Cough.
Humans related to humble mud worm. Anders Øverby. Mud worms to sue for defamation of character.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
128 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

8. live human targets.... Aug 23, 2003, 14:42 waxthirteen

if you like that, you'll love (or hate) this one...

http://www.huntingforbambi.com/

probably "old news", but it was new to me and bound to be new to someone else. before anyone gets too worked up, it's apparently a hoax. no naked girls were harmed during the filming of this classy movie. at least not without permission

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. 5600 ultra Aug 23, 2003, 14:40 tron

hey bunko - good news for ya. from what i have read the evga 5600 ultra cards are using memory rated at 900mhz but only running it at 800. i went and installed the coolbits reg.ed. and overclocked the card's memory from 800 up to 850 (at 875 it failed when i used the "test this setting" button) where it is running stable. it increased my Q2 fps from 316 and 304 (on DEMO1 and DEMO2) up to 324 and 319. i'm impressed that the more-intensive demo 2 went up a respectable 15 fps.

good to know, eh?

- McG -

---
"I'll be your lightning rod of hate!"
-colin mochrie

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

6. Re: oh my Aug 23, 2003, 14:35 nin

Also, please moderate your own signatures... until the boards can be tweaked to prevent smiley abuse, I will have no choice but to remove posts where the smileys start impeding the server.

Thank God! Is that why I can't view this page?

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=43730&boardid=1&id=&view=flatnew&start=20

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2003, 14:35 Bunko

Personally I find you, Rain-X, and your annonying ass signatures more annoying than fredrickson.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22
This comment was edited on Aug 23, 14:35.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

4. LOL Aug 23, 2003, 14:33 Bunko

Go Blue! Today's OotB was awesome. Yeah, I'm a fairly good shot with a paintball as long as the target is fairly close. If the target is far away, the balls tend to curve and go all over the place. I play paintball fairly often and I've never gotten hit in the nads. But my friends and I play with the velocity cranked and I actually have a scar from getting hit in the back from about 6 ft away! Now think about getting in the crotch from that distance with that velocity. Ouch! Maybe I should wear a cup.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

3. Re: oh my Aug 23, 2003, 14:33  Blue 

He started it by basically challenging me to hurt him... that was certainly not my plan going into the project. All he needed to do is give a good -- ugh, you got me.

Not that you haven't made me feel bad... but after over 10 years I doubt I could find him to apologize.

Also, please moderate your own signatures... until the boards can be tweaked to prevent smiley abuse, I will have no choice but to remove posts where the smileys start impeding the server.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. oh my Aug 23, 2003, 14:27 J/K

that was a pretty pity "out of the blue". was it supposed to ne funny? cool? or what? I can only hope it was a joke.
trying to physically hurt a guy who has the sorry job of getting shot for money is just really really poor.

1. No subject Aug 23, 2003, 14:25 Rain-X

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 23, 14:37.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

128 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >