Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LO-MAC Demo Next Week - Game Delayed?

A post to the Lock On: Modern Air Combat Forums from Eagle Dynamics' Carl C. Norman (thanks Brad Vaughan) has word that the demo for this jet combat game will be released next week, though it's warned that this is not carved in stone if anything pops up in the meantime. The post also describes how certain aspects of the demo that will be fixed in the final version of the game will not be addressed in the demo in order to get it out the door. Meanwhile, there are other posts in that forum that refer to the game being delayed until Winter 2003, which also is mentioned second-hand in a forum post (thanks Dave), though that forum is down at the moment, but this does not seem to be officially confirmed anywhere.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. LHX Aug 22, 2003, 01:16 Wowbagger_TIP

I still have LHX Attack Chopper in the box somewhere. Man, I used to play the heck out of that game... on my 286.. with CGA monitor but damn it was fun

Oh yeah.. this is yet another reason I have to upgrade soon....

Supporter of the "a happy fredster is a wet fredster with jumper cables attached to his nads" fanclub.
This comment was edited on Aug 22, 01:18.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Freds Sig... Aug 22, 2003, 01:11 Scottish Martial Arts

for those who's head hurts when trying to figure it out, it says

"penis"

Yeah I noticed that earlier today too.

31. Freds Sig... Aug 22, 2003, 01:05 The Half Elf

for those who's head hurts when trying to figure it out, it says

"penis"

wow color me impressed. I'd donate 50 bucks to have fred banned from the forums.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

30. hmmmm Aug 21, 2003, 21:07 Shataan

" Theres a few games who've had bad sales that were a direct result of a botched or just plain poor demo."

or the fact that the game itself was poor, or blew monkies even.

29. Re: flightsims Aug 21, 2003, 21:06 Halsy

This is the first flight sim in a long while I've really been anxious to get my hands on.

Cthulu loves you. On a bun. With catsup.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

28. Re: Flight Sim Fans Aug 21, 2003, 21:01 Davbo

MS Combat Flight Sim then Crimson Skies

27. Re: #25 Aug 21, 2003, 20:52 Nexus

B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O and bingo was his name-oh!

Oh, wait, that's not what it spells

I'm looking forward to this, and I haven't dug out my Flightstick pro in quite a while.
I tried the demo of IL2, just couldn't get into it. TFX tended to get really booring with a lot of missions, especially when you never saw any enemies because you got easy radar locks.

26. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2003, 20:50 mcsterls

16 Disks! Memories, I had forgotten about that. What a pain in the ass.

I seem to recall always having HIMEM problems, if I loaded the mouse drivers the game didn't have enough RAM to run by a few K. It would slip into Extended but needed an insane base RAM of like 630 or something.

McSterls

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 20:55.

25. Re: Flight Sim Fans Aug 21, 2003, 19:59 Scottish Martial Arts

Hah I finally figured fredricksons smiley sig out.

24. No subject Aug 21, 2003, 19:37 The Half Elf

Crimson Skies heh, well actually would have to say the Xwing Series. I'd love to get into a Flight Sim game, but my only 2 ventures were Falcon 3.0 (16 floppy disks) and Combat Flight Simulator.

I would love to see a game that can have the arcadey ness of Crimson Skies, but have the ability to turn up the realism in steps.... kinda like a rehab program.

I guess what I don't want is a game where I've gotta hit 1500 buttons to kill someone 4 miles away yet, I don't want a bi-plane type game either.

Now to pray for a Crimson Skies (PC) sequal or another Xwing Game.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

23. Re Flight Sim Fans Aug 21, 2003, 19:23 BubbleMage

SubLogic Flight Simulator on the Apple II. Long before MS ganked it. Unless you count the vector-graphics Red Baron arcade game...

'Scuse me while I limp off to get my evening dose of Geritol.

Seriously, IL-2 is about as accessible as so-called "hard-core" sims get, although some don't consider it true hard-core since it's actually a survey sim rather than a study sim-- despite the title.

For true hard-core study sims, they simply don't get any better than the Realism Patched Falcon 4.0. But then I certainly wouldn't describe it as accessible, either. You've got to have your doctorate degree in Third-Party Patchology just get the damned thing running right. And then it takes hours and hours of dedicated practice flights to get to the point that you can successfully pull off a mission-- let alone a full campaign. It's definitely only for the dedicated wingnut.

For sheer fun factor, I far prefer a patched and third-party enhanced European Air War. There's still nothing come close to the feel of attacking a bomber formation the way it's done in that game. It's an absolute blast, and really tests your energy-management skills. Those Luftwaffe pilots who attacked Allied bomber formations late in the war had cojones so big, it required a forklift to get them into the cockpit.

22. Re: flight sims Aug 21, 2003, 19:22 fredrickson

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,108/

• fly boy i will save you

• blue did you jerk off when your wife was gone

• these advertisements are outrageous

• where is my case mod link?

• Dantastic you are the sweetest thing I ever did see.
    Hard work makes money not pasting other peoples news submissions into Microsoft Frontpage.
    Fredrickson De Paulo Francisco-Hernandez-Dantastic XXVII

xXOXx
    %):)%)
    ;)%);)
    ;P:D;P

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    :):D:D:D:):D:D:D:D:):D:):):D:):D:D:D:):D:D:D:D:)
    :):D:):D:):D:):):):):D:D:):D:):):D:):):D:):):):)
    :):D:):D:):D:D:D:):):D:):D:D:):):D:):):D:D:D:D:)
    :):D:D:D:):D:):):):):D:):):D:):):D:):):):):):D:)
    :):D:):):):D:):):):):D:):):D:):):D:):):):):):D:)
    :):D:):):):D:D:D:D:):D:):):D:):D:D:D:):D:D:D:D:)
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

21. Re: flight sims Aug 21, 2003, 18:52 StarHawk

First game that got me into multiplayer flight games, Novalogic's F22 Lightning. First game that got me into flight sims, Strike Commander, by the same guy that did the Wing Commander games. Then, of course, the 1st Falcon game.

Really looking forward to LO-MAC. Is the demo multiplayer? Anyone know?

20. Re: flight sims Aug 21, 2003, 18:47 Shadowcat

> Miss having a space sim that actually uses a stick.

I-War will happily utilise a full HOTAS and rudder-pedal set-up

(whoops; I should have reloaded the page to check for new replies before writing this!)
    This comment was edited on Aug 21, 18:49.

19. Re: flight sims Aug 21, 2003, 18:42 MeatForce

Miss having a space sim that actually uses a stick.

Did you give Indepencence War 2:EOC a try?

-----
    I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

18. Re: Flight Sim Fans Aug 21, 2003, 18:41 Shadowcat

> maybe there is one that is more newbie accessible.
    > If so what would you guys recommend?

Check out some of the previews for "Secret Weapons Over Normandy" -- it's still in development, but you may find it fits the bill.

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=16495

17. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2003, 18:36 wasp

Flight simmers might be excluded from that Hump since they are a patient bunch. Anyone who flys 2-4 hours to get to their target has to be!

<wasp>

16. No subject Aug 21, 2003, 18:18 Hump

Concerning the demo, I'm enthusiastic about it, but is it really necessary to have an announcement with a required disclaimer these days? It's just a demo, but it's really a beta. It's the final release, but it's really a beta. We're fixing all these problems that we should have fixed for 1.0, but there's still some showstoppers in there. Ugh.

seeing how people jump on the developers for every little flaw even when they're told it's not representative of the final build I'm surprised any dev even releases a demo beforehand anymore. Theres a few games who've had bad sales that were a direct result of a botched or just plain poor demo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    PAH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

15. flight sims Aug 21, 2003, 18:16 AxemaN

Well, for me it was the wing commander series of games and then the red baron stuff, ah64 longbow, afterbuner (arcade)and su27 (which was by no means noob friendly). Miss having a space sim that actually uses a stick. That was the only reason I didn't buy freelancer. I'm hoping David Braben has some surprises in store for us for a new elite title or something rather than SUPER secret XXX weapons of WWX by wedontdogameswedomoney productions. Flight sims are neat in any age to me but I feel that the space end has been rather weak (in terms of those with stick support). And bring back some kind of new interactive mysty space quest or something too. Hithchikers guide and stuff...it would be zorktacular...

And on a whole other topic...

There has never been a good arcadey tank game except the whole battlezone thing. BF42 is the closest thing in a while in terms of semi interesting tank combat.

AxemaN

14. flightsims Aug 21, 2003, 17:54 ssh

Can I be brutally honest? Battlefield 1942. It really gave me a taste for the joy of simulated death from above. Still doing that a lot, and saving for a decent stick. Then I'll get Lo-Mac and IL-2.

The fredster is also right (hinting perhaps at his age as well, 20+?), Chuck Yeagers was great fun, though it must be at least 10 years old now.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 18:05.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo