Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

C&C Generals Demo

The promised Command & Conquer: Generals demo is now available, offering a chance to try out the latest installment in the C&C series of RTS games. The 404 MB (though it says 414) download comes courtesy of NVIDIA's Flash-happy nZone, and mirrors are now also available on 3D Gamers, Computer Games Online, Ferrago, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Why does it suck so bad WarPig Aug 22, 2003, 01:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Preach it WarPig!

Supporter of the "a happy fredster is a wet fredster with jumper cables attached to his nads" fanclub.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Why does it suck so bad WarPig Aug 21, 2003, 20:31 WarPig

OH YEA It sucks cause of the dorky ass graphics and also the way it JACKS OFF TO THE MILITARY AUTHORITY I mean did you see the movie it starts with??? HOMO

35. UUUUUGGGHHHHHH Aug 21, 2003, 20:25 WarPig

This game SUCK SO DAMN BAD
I'M NOT LYING THIS GAME SUX TEH ASSSS
ITS SO DAMN RETARDED AND SUCKS
I played it for about 40 seconds then quit
WTF it's so retarded

34. Re: eh... Aug 21, 2003, 19:54 Scottish Martial Arts

I prefer slightly braindead AI when I play skirmishes.

Brutal Difficulty is quite hard but still playable against at least for the first few times. Unfortunately the AI doesn't mix up it's techniques so once you figure out how to defeat it once,you've defeated it for all time.

33. Re: eh... Aug 21, 2003, 19:26 ZzeusS

Actually this game is starting to grow on me. I may pick it up, especially if there is an expansion coming out. I prefer slightly braindead AI when I play skirmishes. Opposed to the non-settable Warcraft III AI that kills you five seconds after you start a skirmish.

32. Re: eh... Aug 21, 2003, 14:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Jebus... even on the highest difficulty setting the AI is still braindead! The only difference I noticed is that they sent a couple waves to harrass me at the beginning and there were more enemy units guarding each outpost. They still don't respond to much of anything except proximity and incoming fire. They're still dumb as rocks. The tanks won't even try to run over my troops! WTF!? No way in hell I'm buying this game.

Supporter of the "a happy fredster is a wet fredster with jumper cables attached to his nads" fanclub.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

31. multiplayer Aug 21, 2003, 05:31 Cochonou

I think the multiplayer side of this game really owns. It is quite refreshing from the usual RTS multiplayer games with some very highly powered units available (scud launcher, overlord, burton...).

Actually, it's even more fun on a LAN than on the net, where you know you won't get gattling rushed, flame-wall rushed, constructor rushed, etc...

30. eh... Aug 21, 2003, 03:31 Wowbagger_TIP

The demo was ok. Pretty standard RTS fare though. The GLA (terrorist side) was probably the most fun to play, just because their units were more interesting. With a few trucks full of soldiers and a truck full of RPG guys I managed to take out most of the chinese side in the mission. I think I need to try the harder settings later. The AI is pretty braindead, at least on normal level. They won't even respond while you're blowing up their supply trucks or taking out their outposts. I really wish the developers would spend less time on the eye candy and more time making the game fun and challenging.

29. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 23:21 Scottish Martial Arts

Why would you download a 'demo' if you already own the game?

Half Life: Uplink

28. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 22:58 Tony!!!

Why would you download a 'demo' if you already own the game? If they were including new maps Im sure they would be obvious about it in the headline, and Im sure they would make those maps available to the folks that had already purchased the game.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

27. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 22:55 Tony!!!

What's with the "Blue did you jerk off" line in your sig Fred? It's one thing to spew random trash on occation, but to have that kind of rudeness in your sig towards the guy who puts up this site is just plain ugly man. You really should be tastful and remove it.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

26. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 22:29 ZzeusS

I guess they were sides, not maps. China and GLA. Probably demo only, or at least the starting maps for the retail game. The training mission has you blowing up a GLA bio lab to the NE of the map.

Just getting started fooling around with the rest. I'd guess it's probably stuff you've seen before if you have retail, but I dunno, first time I've ever seen Generals.

25. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 19:13 Scottish Martial Arts

and two maps.

Two new maps or maps that were already in the game? I want to know if it's worth downloading if you already own the game.

24. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 19:03 ZzeusS

SecretAgentMan

Training, and two maps. No multiplayer support. Lots of stuff greyed out.

23. Re: BitTorrent Aug 20, 2003, 18:54 ExcessDan

too bad nvidia's battlefield servers are too slow

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
:oX|X|X|:oX|:oX|:oX|X|X|:o:oX|X|:o:o:oX|:o:oX|:o:oX|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:o:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|X|:oX|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|X|X|:oX|X|:o:o:oX|:oX|:oX|X|X|:oX|:oX|X|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:o:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:oX|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|X|X|:o:oX|X|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:oX|:o
:|:(:|:(:|:(:|:(:|:(:|:(:|:(:|:(
:(waaaah ads boo fucking hoo
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
:(:o:o:(:(:(:o:(:(:(:o:(:(:(:(:o:(:o:(:(:o:(:(:(:o:(:(
:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:(:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(
:(:o:o:(:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:(:(:o:o:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(
:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:(:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(:o:(

ExcessDan

22. Re: BitTorrent Aug 20, 2003, 18:49 Halsy

Holy shit monkeys I'm averaging around 175kbps myself from Nvidia. That's fat pipe - Ron Jeremy fat!

Cthulu loves you. On a bun. With catsup.
This comment was edited on Aug 20, 18:50.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

21. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 18:47 SecretAgentMan

I'd like to know what's in this demo. Multiplayer? Singleplayer? Exclusive missions or maps?

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

BTW: Westwood is no more. Generals was developed by EA Pacific.

20. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 18:13 ZzeusS

"Yes. Were any monkey's harmed in the making of this game?"

Yes. There were.

19. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 18:12 EricTheMad

Any other questions?

Yes. Were any monkey's harmed in the making of this game?

I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O. -- Tealc

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? -- Bucky B. Katt

18. Re: Who can still be on the fence? Aug 20, 2003, 17:57 ExcessDan

i liked this game... i played through the entire campaign.. i probably should have played it on hard though because it was pretty easy on normal

the one thing i really hated about this was even after all the patches i couldn't play multiplayer ip to ip because i have a router.. it doesn't matter if i was dmz'd either or if i filled out all the ip's it asked me for... boo

:oX|X|X|:oX|:oX|:oX|X|X|:o:oX|X|:o:o:oX|:o:oX|:o:oX|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:o:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|X|:oX|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|X|X|:oX|X|:o:o:oX|:oX|:oX|X|X|:oX|:oX|X|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:o:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:oX|:o
:o:oX|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|X|X|:o:oX|X|:o:oX|:oX|:oX|:o:oX|:o
:(waaaah ads boo fucking hoo