Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SimCity 4 Deluxe Announced

EA Announces Plans For SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (thanks Frans) has word on plans for an edition of the city planning sequel that will include the Rush Hour add-on along with the original game. SimCity 4 Deluxe is planned for a September release.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Sincity add-on Aug 5, 2003, 12:31 Dr Freak

System: Athlon XP 1900, 512 memory, ATI 9500 pro.

Unless they can release a patch or update that keeps the game from running like ass when you build more than three buildings, It's a real waste of energy and resources.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Free Add-on Aug 1, 2003, 06:53 Vladimir

SC4 with patch 2 runs fine on my Athlon 750 with 128 MB of memory w/GF2MX (slightly choppy, small region, graphics turned down 2/3 of the way) it only took Maxis/EA a couple of months to finish the game after it was published...

RH brings the possibility to name streets and areas, more buildings in different styles, new transport types and hopefully some improvement in the transport model... the rest is mostly gimmicks.

I played SC4 a couple of times and would have dropped it but i found great people and inspiration at www.simtropolis.com so ive been enjoying the game for a couple of months - not as mod friendly as quake though...

7. Re: Free Add-on Aug 1, 2003, 03:24 fredrickson

all you sons of bitches loved it when it came out i was the only one to stand against it for its obvious flaws

fly boy i will save you

6. Re: Free Add-on Aug 1, 2003, 01:51 pancreas

What SimCity 4 REALLY needs is another patch that takes care of that absurd abandonment.

Yeah. That's one of the primary reasons I stopped playing. It made the entire city seem unresponsive to positive changes. Add to that the myriad of little bugs I discovered and you get a nasty way to fuck up a good franchise.

Considering the limited scope of this expansion, I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'll try to milk this one The Sims-style by releasing more expansions dedicated soley to improving the more mundane aspects of city building. In other words, stuff that we should have had at the start.

"Nothing livens up a robotic hymn of doom more than an amazing pair of jugs." - Brak

5. Has ANYONE Aug 1, 2003, 00:39 Sasquach

Does this game always run nice smooth on ANYONE'S computer? Just wondering....i can remember everyone bragging way back when about how stacked their machines were......then folks with hearty stats said it ran like ass.

Anyone, anyone?

--------------------------------------------------
Kiss my shiny metal butt

--------------------------------------------------
Kiss my shiny metal ass

4. Re: Free Add-on Jul 31, 2003, 17:28 Creston

I don't actually see how it NEEDS Rush Hour to feel like Simcity 4. What on earth does Rush Hour have to do with Sim City in the first place?

Whee, we can now take "control" over a firetruck, and drive to the scene of the fire. Ofcourse, this driving is rather limited, more of a "click and it will go to where you clicked" deal than something even remotely resembling actually driving.

The only two things that are in Rush Hour that even have something in COMMON with a SimCity game, is that you can now have boulevards (which should have been in the game to begin with, because of that insane amount of traffic that seems to sprout out of even an orphanage for 6 year olds), and you can name streets, which is nothing more than a gimmick anyways.

Other than that? Ohhhh MISSIONS! Yeah, that's why people play a Sim City game, so we can have missions that will actually tell you "Failed". I mean, isn't that really why EVERYONE plays a Sim game? Because of the fact that you can FAIL at them?

Someone at EA snorted way too much laundry detergent, and came up with the dumbest expansion pack idea in a long time.

But, trust good old EA to milk it for all it's worth. Then again, that's just good business, since I'm sure there will be fanboyz who will buy both the expansion AND the limited edition... Sigh.

What SimCity 4 REALLY needs is another patch that takes care of that absurd abandonment problem caused by 10 people that can't find a job, and simply fuck up your whole town because of it.

Creston

3. No subject Jul 31, 2003, 17:07 garry

i bought simcity 4 and played it about 4 times.

2. Free Add-on Jul 31, 2003, 11:37 ExitWound

I wish Rush Hour was available to us who shelled out the huge $40 pricetag for a buggy, inferior, product in the first place. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but it needs Rush Hour to feel like Simcity4, and not just another Simcity graphical update.

1. . . . . Jul 31, 2003, 10:56 joeslim

if I can somehow try out rush hour AND simcity 4, this would be for me

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo