Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

Lionheart Demo

The European demo of Lionheart is now available, offering a sampling of Reflexive Entertainment's alternate history game for a 202 MB download. The file can be found on Tiscali Games and details on the content can be found on Lionheart - The Polish Inquisition where there's also a mirror. Further mirrors can be found on 3D Downloads, Boomtown (registration required), Gamer's Hell, IGN, Jucaushii.ro, Lionheart - Gry - Wirtualna Polska, NWSGaming, and Worthplaying.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. eh Jul 29, 2003, 14:48 space captain

I get the feeling that Temple of Elemental Evil will kick this games ass in a very obscene way. Every facet of the game seems much more complete than Lionheart.

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 14:36 Ant

"I really like the music.. reminds me of Japanese rpg.." Exactly when I heard it too!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

40. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2003, 13:27 Wazootyman

Supposedly Deus Ex 2 as well.
I read somewhere you can complete the game without touching a weapon. Hrm, maybe you still kill people with indirect means? Oh well.

39. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2003, 13:13 Scottish Martial Arts

Finally, I don't think there is one RPG out there where you can get away without killing anyone.

Fallout

38. Re: Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 10:29 Midnight

Voices were mediocre. Good for a game, but uninspiring for Film/TV - and I think the time has come for us to raise our standards a little, no?

Lovely, lush graphics - but I agree that some of the animations - particularly walking (running?!?) are a bit off. Didnt look 'plastic' to me at all though.

Interesting character system, I like it. Has potential. However I'm still waiting fo a decent CRPG which gets rid of pages of numbers and statisic entirely

Combat is way too frantic. It's nice to have the ability to target different parts (head, arms etc.) but everything is happening too quickly for me to get around to it and it doesn't seem to be as important as it was in Fallout. The ability to make decisions while it is paused would add a lot to this game.

I'm fascinated by the premise for the game's story, it seems to be a welcome relief from 'generic fantasy realm #345'. With most games I have to force myself to sit through the intro movie, but with this game I was saying "No intro movie? BAH! I wanna know what's going on!!!!"

Music failed to inspire me - and it's something I pay particular attention to since music makes up 50% of emotional involvement in Film/TV.

If the game hadn't gone gold I'd be saying "This has potential", as it is I have to say "I'm not sold yet."

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 10:29.

http://www.crimsondark.com

37. Re: Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 07:33 super_emu

@Lord_darkmoon:
Give him a break.. his not smart enough to even know what irony is.

back on topic:
I didn't like the demo.
If the combat system itself was good, I would of actually enjoyed the increased frequency in combat.. but currently there seems to be very little interaction in combat.. and I prefer to have strategy in my rpgs.

this games saving grace will be the story.. but unfortunately there is no way to tell if the story is good or not with the demo.

voice overs seemed uninteresting..

I really like the music.. reminds me of Japanese rpg..

36. Re: Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 06:42 Lord_Darkmoon

@ Bingo: Then you have to get your hyper-plasma-rocket rifle, go into first person view and shoot at each and everyone (including children and invalid people), drooling and laughing over the gore animations: "Look, blood, hrhr, now have going to door inside more monsters, hrhrhr..."

Idiot.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 06:43.

35. No subject Jul 29, 2003, 05:31 Xard

One thing worth noting is that you don't have to click like mad to swing, just click on what you want to attack and it will auto swing for you until it is dead.

I agree that the mage is way too hard, but I think any solo RPG kind of forces you to go melee first and mage second. Similar in a number of games.

Finally, I don't think there is one RPG out there where you can get away without killing anyone. None-the-less, this game DOES give you experience for sneaking past monsters, which could make for a good alternative for fighting, and might possibly actually be worth it to do as a theif type character.

34. Re: Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 04:49 Bingo

I am stuck please help. I collected the key of Scothar and gave it to Thelfin the elf, he then was slayen in the forest of Farim by a dark troll of Ashagar. I went to look for the key but got lost on the way in the caves of Amagrim. I did manage to find the Chalice of emithorn but an not sure if I should go east, north, east, east, south and then give it to Tharik the Barbarian.

33. Re: Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 03:44 indiv

screen resolution is too low as well. I will stick with Diablo games.

Wow, a Diablo player complaining about resolution? What's Lionheart's max then, 320x200?

32. Demo was OK. Jul 29, 2003, 01:57 Ant

It was too hard for me as a fighter character class that I got frustrated to uninstall it. The screen resolution is too low as well. I will stick with Diablo games.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

31. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2003, 00:42 Wazootyman

I don't think anyone even read the info on it, I'm going to feel bad for the people who don't buy this game based on the demo. They said it would be combat heavy, and it is. It's coming from Black Isle, so it will probably be a lot better than you're thinking. Of course, if the actual game comes out and it's just like this, you can bitch then, however, until that point, I don't think you can really whine about it too much.

Again, being combat heavy doesn't bother me. Well, not too much anyway. What bothers me is that the combat is uninteresting and shallow.

In the end, in almost every game of this type you will spend some time chopping gobins or the equivalent. Sure you can talk your way out of this situation or another, but it is a rare RPG that lets you skip out on combat entirely. FOr me it is essential to make this aspect of the game as interesting as the plot and character interactions.

30. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2003, 00:33 Guye

Well, I really liked it I must say.

But I do agree that the speed is way too fast. As soon as those rat mutant enemies spot you its like ZOOOOOM, they sprint up to you in no time. You gotta be quick with the clicking to get away if your low on health or something. The characters just zoom around too fast.

Combine that with the fact that the play screen is so small, so its not like theres a lot of room for running around at all, especially when the status bar on the bottom takes up almost 1/3 - 1/4 the screen. . .
(maybe theres a way to shrink/hide some of it, didn't really check thoroughly)

Anyway, I dig the atmosphere, music, menus, graphics, all that. I like the setting too.
I just think they need to slow it down a bit.

29. No subject Jul 29, 2003, 00:02 PHJF

I made a wizard and god its far too hard.

Without a party of 5 other guys defending me, it's simply impossible to play this game like that, I am far too fragile.

“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

28. No subject Jul 28, 2003, 23:27 Xard

I don't think anyone even read the info on it, I'm going to feel bad for the people who don't buy this game based on the demo. They said it would be combat heavy, and it is. It's coming from Black Isle, so it will probably be a lot better than you're thinking. Of course, if the actual game comes out and it's just like this, you can bitch then, however, until that point, I don't think you can really whine about it too much.

Personally, I really liked getting to see how the game would look and feel, as well as trying out character creation and seeing all the different options. My only real let down was that the straight mage wasn't really a playable character just because most of the enemies do get on you pretty fast, and a weak mage on his own can't fight them off well at all.

This game obviously isn't a Bioware RPG, but I think once they release it, it'll be fairly good.

27. I was going to buy this.... Jul 28, 2003, 23:19 Paranoid Jack

..but now I doubt it. I have been bored as of late. Raven Shield is getting tired. And replaying Fallout Tactics is not something I am into for more than a couple days at a time(but it's still great fun). So I was watching the release dates and planning on buying this game. That was when I thought it was a more tradional RPG.

I saw a review (or preview) and was hoping this would be more like Arcanum and less like Diablo. The thing that turns me off more than anything so far is the speed. It plays like an arcade game. Like Nox, that POS that came out a few years ago.

I hate the player character on crack feel. Only when using search and sneak does the speed feel normal. So unless this demo gets really good real soon. I doubt I will even finish it. What a let down.

Looks great but I want the traditional speed of a real RPG not the running around hack-n-slash feel of Diablo. Don't get me wrong the running and hacking things can be fun but in an open environment... not a confined pathway shrouded with trees and restricted by a small line of sight and low resolution graphics.

When is the Temple of Elemental Evil coming out?

26. Re: Meh Jul 28, 2003, 22:41 JediLuke

"Also, this is just personal preference, but I don't like the plastic look of obviously rendered graphics. You can design models with a 3d program without having them end up looking like these do... "

the models in this game were created in 3d first (for animation), and then transformed to 2d to blend in with the background.

Yes, they're pre-rendered graphics, which is exactly what he said.

~Steve

25. Re: Meh Jul 28, 2003, 22:34 fraudrickson

Want a quality RPG? ARCANUM is it. 20 bucks or less almost anywhere. Still good to look at and kick-ass to play.

http://arcanum.sierra.com/game/game-overview.html

24. Re: WOOT! Jul 28, 2003, 22:17 Synic

Paranoid:
feh. Bittorrent links >>> Fileplanet or anything else

gonna e-mail Gametab to see if they can seed a lionheart demo link...

23. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2003, 22:00 Virus

Well the real time combat didn't bode well with me.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo