Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Underworld Unveiled

In addition to the Half-Life mod tie-in with the upcoming Underworld movie, Gamer's Hell has news of plans for a full PC and Xbox game based on the project, in the works at Lucky Chicken Games. The game is described as an action shooter with multiplayer support for up to four players. Its release is planned to coincide with the movie premier, on September 19.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Funny feeling about this Jul 28, 2003, 00:37 fredrickson

i bought a skateboard

fly boy i will save you

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Funny feeling about this Jul 28, 2003, 00:37 fredrickson

i bought a skateboard

fly boy i will save you

11. Re: Funny feeling about this Jul 27, 2003, 20:34 waxthirteen

one of these days someone is going to make a vampire game the way i want to play it. i'd like it to be similar to the Aliens portion of "aliens versus predator"... hiding up in the rafters waiting for your victims to walk by unaware... then dropping down on them to drain their blood. that sort of thing. not running around with guns and swords killing thousands of nameless baddies.

10. Re: Funny feeling about this Jul 27, 2003, 19:27 Bunko

The movie doesn't look half-bad. The game looks to suck ass though.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

9. Action shooter, not First person shooter Jul 27, 2003, 18:42 Jerry S Ku

If you look at the screenshots, it's not an FPS game, but more like Gauntlet Legends with guns and kung fu (or more closely, the Hunter Reckoning games for XBOX, which I hear is pretty fun). The graphics look really weak though. If it's a budget game for the PC, under $15, it could be OK an arcade-style beat'em'up/shoot'em'up with buddies.

8. Re: Blech... Jul 27, 2003, 17:32 Mangrove

I thought this was gonna be about a new Ultima Underworld for a brief nano second, and then the part of my brain that does the lateral thinking kicked it and said "not a f'king chance matey boy"

7. Blech... Jul 27, 2003, 17:02 ThrillHo

"The game is described as an action shooter with multiplayer support for up to four players."

Four players? What is this Doom 3? (Albeit the latter case is undestandable)

I'll probably end up going to see it in theaters but for the game, I wouldn't hold my breath on it being anything... substantial, to say the least.

ThrillHo_
What did I expect from the man who brought civilization to a screeching halt?

6. Re: Any game... Jul 27, 2003, 16:18 EricTheMad

Any game that hasn't had *any* press until six weeks before publication has to suck hard.

Like "America's Army"?

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do they all drown? -- Bucky B. Katt

5. Any game... Jul 27, 2003, 14:51 SidVicious

...that hasn't had *any* press until six weeks before publication has to suck hard.

4. Funny feeling about this Jul 27, 2003, 14:26 Marduk

I think the movie will be mediocre at best, the HL mod I've played sucks ass. The game itself looks like it might have some fun in the mulitplay, but it'll be a fast and dirty console port. So ya Underworld will go nowhere, hopefully.

3. craspiolia Jul 27, 2003, 13:54 cia

pile....of.....shit

what else could a movie tie-in be?

2. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2003, 13:46 Totalitarinism

i hope they've been working on it for a while, because such a short development cycle is not a good sign. Luckily, because this movie is not nearly as popular as the matrix, they're going to have to fuel sales with quality as well as hype, rather than just hype.

1. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2003, 13:42 Virus

"The game is described as an action shooter with multiplayer support for up to four players. Its release is planned to coincide with the movie premier, on September 19."

Uh oh.... (Flashbacks of enter the matrix). NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo