Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: What about EVE? Jul 23, 2003, 08:06 Hurtz

One major thing I LOVE about even is the totally different advancement system. Most MMORPG are huge time sinks where you have to repeat something boring a million times to advance. In EVE you can even advance if you have to go on a business trip. Some skills training time range from 15min to (largest I have personally seen) 20 days.
As in any online game the learning curve is rather hefty but once you understand the basic mechanics of the game and acquired some cash the options on what you can do are huge. ATM there is some content missing but it seems like the storyline is starting to unfold. If you want to see your avatar running around though like in other online games donít hold your breath, thatís not going to happen anytime soon (maybe never?). Same thing applies to landing on planets. I have been with eve since beta, wouldnít consider myself a fanboi and see some flaws which I hope they will fix soon, but overall I would recommend it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: SWG 9.7?!?!?! Jul 23, 2003, 02:47 UttiniDaKilrJawa

CURSE YOU ENTER KEY!!!
I mean to say.....

SWG 9.7?!?!
For some reason I don't think they were playing the same game I was.

I'd give it around a 6.2, just for the bugs.

3. SWG 9.7?!?!?! Jul 23, 2003, 02:46 UttiniDaKilrJawa

2. What about EVE? Jul 22, 2003, 22:49 John

It got a 8 today and 8.7 yesterday. Is it really that good or are they just fanboys too?

If I had the time, I'd probably give it a try. I was on the beta but it seemed to take a long time to get anywhere in the game. I think it gets better once you get more into it.

This space is available for rent

1. Star Wars Galaxies review Jul 22, 2003, 17:38 Praxus

That 'Worthplaying' review of SWG is the worst I have ever seen. 9.7 out of 10 ? LOL ! I swear that review was written
by SOE...either that or the biggest fanboi of all time.
In actual reality, the game is a boring grind; devoid of
substantial content; and with so many bugs its unbelievable.
To get an actual idea of the game, just go to sony's own
SWG forums and read the posts. www.station.com and follow the
links.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo