Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

'Battlestar Galactica' may be in for a fight on home planet (thanks Mike Martinez). Seriously now. Those of us that recall this show seem to all remember it fondly, but that doesn't mean that the cheese factor wasn't a little too high to guarantee a true remake the kiss of death. I don't blame the producers at all for altering the formula... If the original show was that good it would have lasted for more than a single series.

Play Time: QuakeMaster DDR. Thanks [DesRat]SlayerAODsk. The return of MC Hawking.
Stories of the Day: Gates Aims Billions to Attack Illnesses of World's Neediest (registration required).
Printers, scanners aid counterfeiters. And chisels help burglars. Film at 11.
Players take soccer to the streets.
Wild Science: The Sky's the Limit.
Could satellites find buried treasure?
Weird Science: Little Robots in Your Pants.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

84. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 16:35 ExcessDan

heh Anglocan..

"The" Dan
Supporter of the "A happy fredster is an unmuted fredster" fanclub.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Danteloupe

ExcessDan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

83. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 16:29 JM

By the way, I am in no way trying to come across as an elitist snob when I question the grammar in some of your posts. I'm simply trying to make you aware that whatever points you are attempting to make are often lost in a headache-inducing tangle of incoherent sentence fragments.

82. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 16:22 JM

The words I used are perfectly normally Anglocan English

Would this be an example of your "perfectly normally Anglocan English"?

81. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 15:22 nin

Any minute now JediLuke will come flying in and interpret all The dude's statements.

JediLuke can fly? WTF?

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

80. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 15:16 Bronco

And yes, I am interpreting what you say, since, as JM pointed out, it's pretty hard to make much sense of some of your posts.

Any minute now JediLuke will come flying in and interpret all The dude's statements.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
My spoon is too big!

-TPFKAS2S

79. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 15:04 Vladislav

Year: 3056

must....find...water.....

please......send.....help......

the humanoids.......are...... at.....the castle......door.....

-end transmition-

http://mercyful-fate.coven.vmh.net/

78. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 14:40 mag

I may be a jerk, but damn, 'The dude,' sissies, faggots, "literal prancing dumb ass," derogatory comments towards women... You've got a few anger problems to resolve, eh?

last minute edit: And yes, I am interpreting what you say, since, as JM pointed out, it's pretty hard to make much sense of some of your posts.
This comment was edited on Jul 14, 14:42.

77. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 14:17 The dude

"LOL!"

you two are funny...

yes I speak english pretty good... sometimes????

why? is there a problem? I happen to think 'JM's' paraphrasing of my creative use of words is... is quite honoring actualling. At least I'm not trying to be the same ole same old (cliche.. for those needing a word more fitting to standand text). The words I used are perfectly normally Anglocan English words barring punctuation.

edit: I mean to say perfectly legal words to use. Please dispute if you see a better way.. which is highly doubtful?

as for me being a jerk, 'mag'. Doesn't that make you a jerk for calling me a jerk in a free speech forum? as well you are even more eveoled than me because you interpret what I say. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

... What's the problem? I just voiced a little opinion on Battlestar Galatica's premise.;)

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 14:26.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

76. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 12:56 mag

I think he just speaks jerk.

75. Dude Jul 14, 2003, 12:51 JM

Some choice Dude phrases:
...seems to be my little prefect anyway
...form of appearant realized credible substitute
...the literal since of a purebreed dog
In the annuls of anthropology and archieology...
The very essence of your shivulrous touting and mincing...

English - do you speak it?!?!

74. Re: Um no... Jul 14, 2003, 10:39 Wowbagger_TIP

What percentage does a person that makes in excess of 200K a year fall into?

I'm thinking that they are part of the top 5% right?

He didn't say that the top 5% don't pay taxes. He said that the ultra-rich don't pay taxes. He just mentioned that if you look at the top 5%, they control about 90% of the wealth. If you're one of the ultra-rich (think billionaire), then you can take advantage of all the tax loopholes (which will never be closed because the ultra-rich have the government in their pocket).

Supporter of the "a happy fredster is a wet fredster with jumper cables attached to his nads" fanclub.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

73. Estate Taxes Jul 14, 2003, 08:48 Valcor

If you think the U.S. government doesn't do everything it can to collect on taxes of the rich, you don't belong involved in intelligent discussion about it. The gov't gets the bulk of their yearly revenue from the rich. You think the IRS is going to spend it's time and money chasing down people whose tax contributions wouldn't even be able to fund complimentary pens on the White House tour? I don't think so....the gov't is a business and it knows how important the Accounts Receivable ledger is.

Tax lawyers, tax lawyers.....Yeah, they help avoid some taxes by getting through said loopholes, but the rich are still paying a much larger fraction of their earnings to the IRS. And mostly their advice is "ok, you can give X chunk of money to the gov't that buys $1,000 toilets, or you can make it work in the charity of your choice." Prudently, they choose a charity.

Estate planning 101. Before estate lawyer advice: 50% of wealth to heirs and 50% to gov't. After estate lawyer advice: 50% to heirs and 50% to charity.
But waaaaah, they are getting out of taxes!! No they aren't. They already paid 39 pennies of every dollar they earned to the gov't. Estate tax, aka death tax, is a double taxation by the gov't so most wealthy people choose to give that sum to a charity instead. I do agree with Bill Gates Sr. though, that it is a necessary evil.

72. Re: Battlestar Galactica.. I can't resis Jul 14, 2003, 06:19 mag

lol, holy crap, man. You're a prick.

71. Re: Battlestar Galactica.. I can't resist.. Jul 14, 2003, 05:21 The dude

"Ignorant???"

My friend I am so happy you wish to temp me in a subject matter that is tradionally my strongest area... PHYSIOLOGY.

Canine muts are quite different in comparison to primates. FYI, if not for the invention of vaccines humans would still be dropping off like FLIES you literal prancing dumb ass.If they don't do themselves in soon from some other stupidity. Let's examine the literal since of a purebreed dog while we're at it. Pure breeds didn't occur naturally they occured from specific cross breeding of other species to achieve a stock animal. and traditionally medium sized smaller dogs live longer than larger dogs. So don't try to come off like some sort expert with me.

As for my Cro-magnon nature... HELL YES I'M proud to have a little beast in my pysche unlike the EUNIC you've revealed yourself to be and the obvious wimps you associate with. "HA HA HA HA!"

It's obvious you spend your time worshipping geeks like Marilyn Manson and getting your ass kicked by pre-school girls. The very definition of the sissies I just classified.

As for a representive of strength/ exception to most women one comes to mind... she is probably the most superior female boxer alive... that would be "Lucia Ryker" she can kick any woman boxers ass. "NO!" woman will get in the ring with her. Now that is a real testament.

In the annuls of anthropology and archieology sisses like you need to step back and take a glance at what made cultures deteriorate. The very essence of your shivulrous touting and mincing to wear womans panties flipping about like some drunken uninformed faggot, makes you appear so wretchedly ignorant to facts.

"MOST FEMALES OF ANY SPECIES CANNOT MEASURE UP TO THE PHYSICAL STRENGTH OF THEIR MALE COUNTER PARTS!"

"IT"S CALLED GENETICS!" a woman's hips and sholders are their betrayer. and yes there are some men who are born with those same trait.

So shut up and go find a bra that fits you purple haired cheerleader.

"OH!" i almost forgot, every where you progress Neandertals like me will be right there at the door if not constructing the doorways and putting up with fools like you.

you said: "I see a future of androgynous, creamy skinned people " you're in for a rude awaking in the not so distant future.

enjoy the movie .. I know you'll be watching it.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

70. Re: Battlestar Galactica.. I can't resist.. Jul 14, 2003, 05:04 ExcessDan

mmm nothing is sexier than a creamy skinned girl with natural black or red hair.. oooooh

fuck the tanning bed that's nasty

"The" Dan

ExcessDan

69. 69 Jul 14, 2003, 04:06 Vladislav

68. Re: Battlestar Galactica.. I can't resist.. Jul 14, 2003, 04:05 Vladislav

"think women can acheive a lot of things. unfortunately most women are physically inferior to the physiological structure of men. The exception ,Marvel comics and stuff.
"

Yes, that is an ignorant statement. I know plenty of physically strong women and physically weak men. That sort of stereotyping is what will leave YOUR genes to the dead end of evolution. Why is it so hard to understand that there are many different types of people and that there is no 'normal'? Evolution (guided by the choice of our free minds) may make men and women humans more similar in the future. Same goes for race. Muts live longer than Pure breed dogs. I see a future of androgynous, creamy skinned people (with VERY cool hair). I think many people believe that evolution does not apply to them, here and now. The greatest part about the future is that we are all going there together! See you on the other side, caveman.:)

P.S. - I am a mut.

67. Re: Um no... Jul 14, 2003, 03:38 Cholma

Although I wish they had extended Space: Above and Beyond to more than one season

"Amen, brother." That was an enjoyable show as well.

66. Battlestar Galactica.. I can't resist.. Jul 14, 2003, 02:13 The dude

This is my opinion, remind you. Which, every time I express myself on the board it seems to be my little prefect anyway.

Personally. I feel I am going to come off as a bit of sexist here??? "BUT, WTF... who cares!"

Granted the original lacked the luster needed to really make it an awe inspiring effort that could cause one to rethink any winning formula for a new Sci Fi story. But I think the real underlying truth to this remake is reminisent in one element. The need to thrust women in place of men as some form of appearant realized credible substitute...

... that's the joke.

I am so tired of seeing women in roles doing acrobatic acts and physical feats that defy the limits of what their bodies can possibly endure... on top of it being cheered with blind acceptance by ass kissers.

second. men being back seated like sissies to the will of a concensous of women rule worshipers and mammas boys.

I think women can acheive a lot of things. unfortunately most women are physically inferior to the physiological structure of men. The exception ,Marvel comics and stuff.

As for premise. it seems like todays special effects whizs think they can make better stories than yesterdays.. that's the real sad part... "HA HA HA!" the modern day enthusiast show their lack of ingenuity by virtue of never coming up with a solid original thread of an idea. EVERYTHING IS A REMAKE OR A RETELL. "DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL!"

These are all sinister signs of blurring of reality and what entertainment wants us to accept. Will this rehash be any good.. the rehash being Battlestar Galactica? I doubt it.

The "Dune" remake was a complete vomit fest and Sci fi channel does have a knack for putting some pretty gay tv series on at times. Especially that show "Crossing Over" with that gay "F"ing host John "grasping for straws in my mind" whatever-the-hell-his-last-name-is.

about the only thing I liked which Sci Fi Channel showed for a short peroid was the program that was dedicated to amateur film makers (it slips my mind for the moment) and Farscape has just plummeted into the misguided world of psycho comatose ambiguity.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 02:47.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

65. Re: Galactica Jul 14, 2003, 01:56 ExcessDan

no, it's time to live to troll another day!!

vive le blues!

"The" Dan

ExcessDan

104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo