Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

'Battlestar Galactica' may be in for a fight on home planet (thanks Mike Martinez). Seriously now. Those of us that recall this show seem to all remember it fondly, but that doesn't mean that the cheese factor wasn't a little too high to guarantee a true remake the kiss of death. I don't blame the producers at all for altering the formula... If the original show was that good it would have lasted for more than a single series.

Play Time: QuakeMaster DDR. Thanks [DesRat]SlayerAODsk. The return of MC Hawking.
Stories of the Day: Gates Aims Billions to Attack Illnesses of World's Neediest (registration required).
Printers, scanners aid counterfeiters. And chisels help burglars. Film at 11.
Players take soccer to the streets.
Wild Science: The Sky's the Limit.
Could satellites find buried treasure?
Weird Science: Little Robots in Your Pants.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

4. Re: good... Jul 13, 2003, 13:28 Mangrove

Wiggy wiggy wiggy. Hmm what was that robot called? It got all the best lines...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. No subject Jul 13, 2003, 13:24 Nonicknameforme

Dont lots of women already go about with little machines in there pants, already? Whats so new about that...

"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

2. good... Jul 13, 2003, 13:00 Hump

Theres nothing I remember fondly about Battlestar Garlicbread (as my Dad used to call it). It was awful then and has aged even worse. I'm glad they're ditching the campy crap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PAH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Battlestar Jul 13, 2003, 12:47 tron

i couldn't agree more, blue. change it, update it, make it better! i do wonder why they changed Starbuck into a woman though...? probably so they can put a sexy woman in a lead role. it worked for Voyager, right?

if you (like me) have watched an entire episode of Battlestar in the recent past, i think it's only obvious the show needs a serious facelift.

i think a big reason why many people will be mad is that they want to relive what they have already experienced in their past. it's not possible. personally, i take the show on it's own merits - and if it's good i'll enjoy it no matter how much they rearrange the original formula. for those who don't want the change - well, why not go buy the original series watch it over and over to your hearts content. stay away from the new show and let the rest of us enjoy it in peace!

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo