Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

'Battlestar Galactica' may be in for a fight on home planet (thanks Mike Martinez). Seriously now. Those of us that recall this show seem to all remember it fondly, but that doesn't mean that the cheese factor wasn't a little too high to guarantee a true remake the kiss of death. I don't blame the producers at all for altering the formula... If the original show was that good it would have lasted for more than a single series.

Play Time: QuakeMaster DDR. Thanks [DesRat]SlayerAODsk. The return of MC Hawking.
Stories of the Day: Gates Aims Billions to Attack Illnesses of World's Neediest (registration required).
Printers, scanners aid counterfeiters. And chisels help burglars. Film at 11.
Players take soccer to the streets.
Wild Science: The Sky's the Limit.
Could satellites find buried treasure?
Weird Science: Little Robots in Your Pants.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

104. Re: Dude Jul 20, 2003, 02:31 JediLuke

"ha ha ha!"

my disbeleaf at having lacked the alacrity to partisipate in such an exchange is "overwhelming!" i posit that this will necessitate waiting for the "next time" our erstwhile partner "the dude" serenades us with his litany of wordplay in his natively anglocans tongue. one has to enjoy the "unnecessary" "quotation" "marks."

the steve
This comment was edited on Jul 20, 02:31.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

103. Re: Dude Jul 20, 2003, 02:10 JediLuke

Any minute now JediLuke will come flying in and interpret all The dude's statements.

Hahaha, nooo, I can't believe I missed this thread! There were some real gems in there! Man...

~Steve

102. Re: such a crook Jul 19, 2003, 01:57 Darken Rahl

Didn't I tell you to quit spamming bluesnews with your worthless shit? Once is plenty, you don't need to be a cock and paste it in every godamned topic.

(everyone else, please excuse my language, but this guy's dancing on a nerve)

101. such a crook Jul 18, 2003, 07:15 rock climber

RECENT NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE DISCLOSURE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3076349.stm
Human rights group Amnesty International has condemned the US

http://web.amnesty.org/pages/usa-110703-action-eng
Urge the USA to revoke Military Order and guarantee fair trials for all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3001588.stm
US 'mistreats young immigrants'

--
cock climber aka rock climber

100. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 11:51 The dude

"he he he!"

Last I checked gibberish is/was a language so don't feel to alienated... I'm getting a kick out some of the dopplegangers ;)(pause) in this thread appearantly trying create a language by using a flurry of ill lucid words.

Is someone trying to say something hear?

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 11:54.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

99. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 10:15 indiv

... and 'invid'.. what kind of gibberish are you trying to immitate?

Gibberish?! I'm insulted!

98. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 10:11 JM

My point is i've seen far too often one or two essentially irrelevant typos in a message and in a debate people pick up on the spelling in order to score points. They are cheap cheap shots. Mind you some people can't aim their argument any higher than that which suggests to me you 'aint going to get much enlightenment from their opinion. Insults and attacking spelling mistakes seem to be the weapons of choice around here, free and easy. Goodness, Blue does a good job and all with the site but his message board is like going back to the schoolyard, lol!

You're missing the point. No one (not me at least) is complaining about the occasional typo or misspelled word. Hell, everybody makes those kinds of errors especially in a forum environment. I'll probably have a couple in this post when I'm done. What people are talking about in this particular case is the inability to make a clear point due to the use of too many $10 words which, by the way, are often misused and misspelled.

97. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 07:54 Ihya

My point is i've seen far too often one or two essentially irrelevant typos in a message and in a debate people pick up on the spelling in order to score points. They are cheap cheap shots. Mind you some people can't aim their argument any higher than that which suggests to me you 'aint going to get much enlightenment from their opinion. Insults and attacking spelling mistakes seem to be the weapons of choice around here, free and easy. Goodness, Blue does a good job and all with the site but his message board is like going back to the schoolyard, lol!

96. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 06:43 Bronco

You wouldn't happen to have a blog or something that I could read every day would you?

Yes please. Can't get enough of the 'stream of consciousness' thingy.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
My spoon is too big!

-TPFKAS2S

95. No subject Jul 15, 2003, 03:29 Vladislav

My inconbustable vestigate manifest its duality in a cognitive, yet spurious fashion. It is not only anthrpromorphic but a gleeming hyperbola of glutonous mirth that exudes from my trephinated skull. It may relinquish all magnificating vectors into one entropic array of metaphysical blemishing. Furthermore, when hung in a portastatic postioning around the radial spectroscopic malignifier, it is important to transmute all ionization into elemental, quazilinguale braciation.

http://mercyful-fate.coven.vmh.net/

94. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 02:21 The dude

Well.. I have a few registered Domains names, I haven't uploaded the web pages yet and pointed the DNS to my source. I have considered putting some of my comments online.. But my fear is it could come at cost/loss to me with those whom I do business with because I can be very unkind in my observations.

BUT it's coming soon and I will keep you updated (as well make a link on my dudage :)so you will know when it's up. Unfortunately my buddy and I have been toying around with terragen and lightwave so my mind is a little side tracked for a few days

... and 'invid'.. what kind of gibberish are you trying to immitate? I'll have you know I don't resort to thesauruses. All I typically do is insure I am correctly spelling the word(s) that comes to mind via aid of a dictionary, because I have too many thoughts traversing in my head sometimes.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 02:25.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

93. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 01:40 WarPig

Yo, Vic... Dude...

You wouldn't happen to have a blog or something that I could read every day would you?

-----------------------------------------
I am WarPig... pull my finger!

GO SEAHAWKS!

92. Re: Dude Jul 15, 2003, 00:41 indiv

AS I've said: I don't have any problems meeting women.

Incontestably, because you probably emit vocal outputstrations of the normal variety instead of how you translate your infectius malpropriasms to the "written" channel of the ""internet"". It would be tremendously cognizance of one to envisage that you can't riffle through a thesaurus at such an expeditious pace in real time as to preserve a genuine confabulation.

edit: for clarity.
This comment was edited on Jul 15, 00:50.

91. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 22:18 ExcessDan

Oh, I spelled a word wrong... my entire argument falls to my feet because of it, oh no

One word is a little much for that. If your argument has several spelling mistakes and/or incorrect basic sentence structure throughout it, your argument does fall to your feet. A few spelling mistakes shouldn't matter but total disrespect for the English language should matter. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. I believe this makes sense and is fair. Stupid people's opinions don't matter.

By the way, I'm not saying the dude is stupid. I didn't have the urge or patience to read his screen long essays on Battlestar Galactica so I didn't see if he had the things I was bitching about in his essays.

"The" Dan
Eagerly anticipating the 3rd coming of Fredrickson.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Danteloupe

ExcessDan

90. everything Jul 14, 2003, 22:03 Vladislav

peace.

89. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 21:02 The dude

N Aviles,

I'll cut you some slack dude. I really don't like resorting to chest thumping behavior.. I guess I just let the beast in me get too far. Unfortunately it's time to clear the air.

AS I've said: I don't have any problems meeting women. That's actually too easy sometimes. I'm not married for other reasons. Probably, because I simply enjoy escaping from the tidium to absorb myself in personal things like drawing, writing, and ambitions of seeking getways to travel when I'm not working. I really like kicking back and listening to some Mars Lasar and Oakenfold.

I know people in several countries and it seems that most all share one thing in common. They don't like where they are sometimes. ha ha ha

about the only thing I can honestly say I don't like about women, and in reality is no fauslt of their own. But, it's the cost of having fun with them. Sometimes/ somedays, I'm am purely tired of spending my money. That's it. I don't look at women objectively because man or woman. Boy or girl. they/ we all have something to learn from each other.

My ex girlfriends are cool with me. My recent girlfriend is just a little to wound up on career and money and that's just too much stress for me somedays. Her parents buy her everything from the BMW she drives and place she stays. she saves plenty of money because she never has to spend a dime of it due to her parents sending her a monthly allowance.

I hang out at the Buddist temple with her just for a good view and peace of mind.

that's why I can say: Ni hoa "Wo hin gua xing rin shi ni"

So.. your wrong, I'm wrong. that's just the way it is. we'll never really quite know each other as well as we think we can. the world is to large and ever changing.

So selamat pagi.. terima kasih dan hati-hati 'N Aviles'

My french is pretty bad So I dare not embarrass myself and my deutsch ist schlecht manchmal.. aber ich kann wenn ich musse sprecht ein bischen gut.

This still doesn't change my attitude to the Battlestar Galatica remake (nor the unfortunate hand the nature deals out at times). Battlestar simply looks like it will suck. I may venture and watch it. But I won't try to remember. That's the truth

-The Dude-

Vic B.

88. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 20:13 Vladislav

'N. Aviles', you're the freak that started this with me. You're just remised because I'm a bit more informed than you imagined. You skirt wearing pom-pom waving lacky.

Thank you for proving my point. You are ignorant in may ways. You do not know me at all but you assume many things. You make prejudice statments. You stereotype.

"Depends on buisness... and I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO problems meeting women. Strange as that may seem.Because I look nothing like the stereotypical computer/gaming geek"

You may have no problem meeting women but you will NEVER KNOW any woman. You will treat her (them all) like an object. You will never have an understanding relationship EVER. No Intelligent woman would ever let herself be treated like that.

"MOST FEMALES OF ANY SPECIES CANNOT MEASURE UP TO THE PHYSICAL STRENGTH OF THEIR MALE COUNTER PARTS!"

...and this is how it will be forever? Open your mind. Please.

I believe that knowledge and understanding is what holds a society together. You build that door, caveman.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 20:18.

87. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 17:17 The dude

The words I used are perfectly normally Anglocan English
Would this be an example of your "perfectly normally Anglocan English"?

Yeh, you've got a point there "sniggle!" I did kind of blow that a tad. You got me

But it still goes without saying: I *AM* making proper use of my native tongue.

To 'Mag', As for the reference of me having a slight systemic sociopathic maelstrom of degenerative malcontent.. a la anger management problemas.

nope.. I'm just a cogger that see's it like it is and uses a perfectly good medium to transmit some internal latitude. In otherwords I'm not keeping my tail between my legs. As for my social obliquity?? I'm doing just fine... as a matter a fact I might take a chance and travel to Papua very soon. Depends on buisness... and I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO problems meeting women. Strange as that may seem. Because I look nothing like the stereotypical computer/gaming geek.

Hey 'Dan', if you're an american you definetly aren't speaking Oxford English. Just a derivative

'JM', I don't think you are exhibiting any unilateral dominance of word play. I'm cool with that . But you said: "whatever points you are attempting to make are often lost in a headache-inducing tangle of incoherent sentence fragments

I think that could be reworded as: "what ever points you are trying to make are deminished in the entanglement of incoherent sentence fragments you create." Well, I'm not sure of that??? I'd say I do make a few errors creating run on sentences. That could use a punctuation or two.

and "HARK!" what's this I hear, someone is looking to enlist the aid of a Jedi?

'N. Aviles', you're the freak that started this with me. You're just remised because I'm a bit more informed than you imagined. You skirt wearing pom-pom waving lacky

and 'Ihya', you my man, have a solid point. All the grammar worms on blues are all guilty of an absence of perfection. Go through their histories. You'll find a few typos.

"I GOT IT!" "WORD TROLLS!"

word troll - meaning a trolloping being that surfaces in search of misappropiation of text

please note I am attempting to use trollop in the context of untidey

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 23:48.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

86. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 17:12 Ihya

I remember that last episode of Battlestar Galactica where Starbuck is marooned on a desolate planet with a cylon...

Cylon: What is the name of this planet?

Starbuck: It is called planet Starbuck

Cylon: That is a remarkable coincidence.

Ahh... Did like parts of the series, Starbuck was a product of his time and it's a shame we won't see an un-pc outlandish womanising gambling rogue like him again for a while. There was alot of cheese and shudder worthy stuff in there as well. Like you say Creston they reused alot of the flying/explosions/taking off special effects a little too much. And for such an advanced civilisation the cylons themselves were the most sloth like robots in a laser fight since god knows when, lol! We can build spaceships and sentient AI but our troopers can only gently stroll leasurely towards the enemy and think about firing every other minute! The duracel bunny could have beaten them in a race!

85. Re: Dude Jul 14, 2003, 16:56 Ihya

It seems as though the worse the grammar and spelling there is in this place the more prone you are to peoples sniping and insults lol... Come on, surely thats the lowest way of attacking someones opinion... cheap shots or what? Wtf does it matter, so long as we all understand? I didn't realise we had so many English teachers in this place. Oh, I spelled a word wrong... my entire argument falls to my feet because of it, oh no... I can hear you all laughing... Noooooooooooooooo..

Seriously.

104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo