Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm struggling along with my temporary workspace on this aging flaky secondary computer (not to be confused with my aging flaky primary computer). At least what should be a fairly quiet holiday weekend is here, providing an opportunity to rebuild one of them. I thought I'd get to see T3 at a matinee at some point yesterday or today, but I guess my technical difficulties are going to make that impossible. Damn the rise of these machines! You think SkyNet might be responsible?

Play Time: Worminator 3.
Link of the Day: Power Stack 500. Thanks Travis.
Stories of the Day: Coffee Snobs Unite! That would be me.
The Haute Dog Craze. Thanks Devicer. More food snobbery.
Man gets life in prison for spitting.
Weird Science: Creation of Human 'She-Males' Sparks Outrage. Thanks Jim Chaney.
Reaching Through the Net to Touch.
Death Sought for Animals in Monkeypox Case (registration required).
Wild Science: Alien Solar System Much Like Ours. I thought Star Trek showed us how common this is?
Behold the pentaquark.
U.S. Develops Urban Surveillance System. Thanks Athlon7.
Image of the Day: Penny Arcade. Thanks Roar Johnsen.
Follow-ups: 'Blob' May Be Giant Octopus or Whale Blubber. Thanks zombie69.
AT&T, Sprint deny they plan alternatives to telemarketing. Thanks zombie69.
FDA chief: Better labeling of fatty foods soon and Fast-food lawsuits may be banned.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: PETA Jul 5, 2003, 09:42 fredrickson

blue is a racist rubbing my ******* censoring like a COMMunits
This comment was edited on Jul 5, 11:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: PETA Jul 5, 2003, 08:35 Armengar

"This is funny.....shaving bunny rabbits to test something would kill them? "
Yes it does in the early stages of development when it DOESNT WORK then yes it does kill the bunnies.

"While their movment is "limited", if you were to find a cow or a chicken in the wild, they would stay in a very limited area, unless something happened to the inviorment"
Legislation means 2000 chicken can fit into a small house sized set of cages. This is most certainly not like the wild.

"Except veal, veal is evil!"
not much different to preparation of kosher food (rabbi aside, the preparation is what I mean)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

32. Re: PETA Jul 4, 2003, 22:53 Bronco

Been there, done that... it was yummy.

Hey, me too! What did you enjoy?

My company is doing some contract work at a meat packing plant right now. Pork. All the sausage, scrapple, and bacon I can eat for breakfast when I'm on site! Yay!

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
My spoon is too big!

-TPFKAS2S

31. Re: PETA Jul 4, 2003, 13:59 fredrickson

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 5, 09:57.

30. Re: PETA Jul 4, 2003, 12:46 Enahs

Why i have a problem with PETA

PETA is not just concerned with the eating of animals. It stops companys like gillette from from killing scores of poor, helpless, little bunny rabbits just so we can have a smoother razor.
This is funny.....shaving bunny rabbits to test something would kill them?

And I do not think that the life of a chicken that is born and dies in an over-crowded coop, without seeing sunlight, and that hardly can even walk or move around, is anything but natural or good.
Visit tyson chicken farm sometime, they are not in crowded coops. Visit a farm where the cows stay. While their movment is "limited", if you were to find a cow or a chicken in the wild, they would stay in a very limited area, unless something happened to the inviorment. They are pretty much doing the same thing in captive that they do in the wild, they are just in a protected inviorment. All the stuff you see in TV, is their last moments, when they are in a crowded area prepairing to be slaughtered. Milking cows are usually jus stuck in one place. But, the larger companys seriously usualy do not do that. Except veal, veal is evil!

I remember the first time I went to a slaughter house and watched several cows have their throats mechanically severed a foot or so in front of me. It makes me stop and think everytime I pass a McDonalds.
Nutin' like the taste of chard dead animal flesh....yummy!

Maybe in order to obtain a meat-eating permit, all US citizens must slaughter, butcher, and cook an animal on thier own, at least once. This would be great to watch.

Why people have a problem with PETA. They as a Org... Threw money at sent., cong., lawyers, May, Gov, to get them to pass laws. Which is fine, I have no problem with that. I just find something wrong that if some young stupid 14 year old kills a dog, he will be in more trouble, PETA will kick up a fuss, throw media and lawyers at the situtation, while his 33 year old neighbor got out of jail again for raping a 16 year old girl, and that nobody is throwing money to get those laws changed.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 12:47.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

29. Re: PETA Jul 4, 2003, 12:19 WarPig

Maybe in order to obtain a meat-eating permit, all US citizens must slaughter, butcher, and cook an animal on thier own, at least once.

Been there, done that... it was yummy.

-----------------------------------------
I am WarPig... pull my finger!

GO SEAHAWKS!

28. PETA Jul 4, 2003, 09:08 Vladislav

http://www.peta.org/

PETA is not just concerned with the eating of animals. It stops companys like gillette from from killing scores of poor, helpless, little bunny rabbits just so we can have a smoother razor.

And I do not think that the life of a chicken that is born and dies in an over-crowded coop, without seeing sunlight, and that hardly can even walk or move around, is anything but natural or good.

I remember the first time I went to a slaughter house and watched several cows have their throats mechanically severed a foot or so in front of me. It makes me stop and think everytime I pass a McDonalds.

Maybe in order to obtain a meat-eating permit, all US citizens must slaughter, butcher, and cook an animal on thier own, at least once. This would be great to watch.

Are people really that heartless, ignorant, or just trying to creat a controversal post? trollz.

http://mercyful-fate.coven.vmh.net/

27. Hehe... Jul 4, 2003, 03:03 wasrad

...peta was NEVER a good idea animals should burn in hell then get on my plate.

I agree and dont agree with this statement.

The animals we eat have life so fucking easy and peaceful compared to us, I think it is only fair for nature to let us eat them how ever we wish, we are the dominant species for a reason. If something has an overly peaceful life then it must have a equally brutal death.

Its all about balance, though. PETA keeps us from overkill and therefor keeps us going for that much longer.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 03:10.

26. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 4, 2003, 00:30 nin

Oh and fred, looking for a date?

We could ebay his ass...preferably off shore.

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 23:30 fredrickson

and peta was NEVER a good idea animals should burn in hell then get on my plate

24. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 23:30 fredrickson

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 5, 09:58.

23. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 22:21 Bronco

The ACLU is to American rights what PETA is to animal rights - a good idea often taken way too far.

Somebody has to be on the edges of the bell curve!

The ACLU doesn't scare me. The sheer number of cameras that have popped up in my area in the past year is super scary.

Who installed them? What do they monitor? We have these camreas that sit on regular light metal light poles. Like the lights you would see at a highway interchange? But these 'lights' sit on the end of a very short arm. The do not have the length that a normal light does. Maybe they have a wide angle viewfinder? I'm waiting for the day to arrive where I get all my speeding tickets in the mail.

By the way, has anyone seen Chance post here lately? I know it's summer and maybe he is off on vacation somewhere but I can't recall a post by him lately.

Oh and fred, looking for a date?

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
My spoon is too big!

-TPFKAS2S

22. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 21:36 WarPig

The ACLU is to American rights what PETA is to animal rights - a good idea often taken way too far.

-----------------------------------------
I am WarPig... pull my finger!

GO SEAHAWKS!

21. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 21:16 fredrickson

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 5, 09:58.

20. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 19:47 Enahs

The appeal is gonna pass, and its going to me removed.
They guy has a sketchy past, and was not making any effort to change. They just did that to scare the shit out of him, for being a stupid jack ass. I am guessing it worked. Thats it, end of dicussion. No more America is evil and wrong. Yes, America has problems, so does everyone. Get over it, or go do something about it....stop complaining

- W. C. Fields

19. Idea Jul 3, 2003, 19:43 Enahs

Ok, to change the subject.
Can this message board be setup with a filter.
And when it detects a "u", "r" alone, with no other characters next to it, can they be replaced with "you" and "are" (but reverse em, just to make it funny!)

- W. C. Fields

18. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 16:54 Moonbender

Yeah, we have that here, too. My parents still were part of those huge demonstrations, but they constantly voice their distress about the current apathy in young people (ie, me). We all bitch and moan, but hardly anybody's really trying to organise stuff, at least not on national issues like unemployment. Guess we deserve whatever happens.

Well, at least I vote.

17. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 16:00 nin

I'm glad to see that more and more Americans are waking up to the current state of their country and their government, although evidently there is much progress to be made.

I think we're just into the bitching stage right now...everyone, myself included, bitches about current problems, but not much is really being done to change. Although the current unemployment rate and "the war on terror" may be things that eventually bring people out to the polls.

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 15:45 Vladislav

...and check out the now classic 'Panama Deception'.

Team [US] tested out their guns (some experimental) to make sure they were all good and ready for some future globe stompin'.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 15:53.

http://mercyful-fate.coven.vmh.net/

15. Re: Life Imprisonment??? Jul 3, 2003, 15:31 Riker

I'm glad to see that more and more Americans are waking up to the current state of their country and their government, although evidently there is much progress to be made.

Might want to check out the video, "Truth and Lies about 9-11." If that won't wake you up, nothing will.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo