Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Guidance

Planet Duke's Official Duke Nukem Forever FAQ has been updated with more than 40 new or revised entries concerning the upcoming Duke 3D sequel.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Yeah - Whatever Jun 30, 2003, 10:28 Tigger

If that isn't the biggest joke question I have ever seen. If you guys are not ready to release the game then don't bring anything out to hype the fans till close to the release date...just like VALVe did with HL2.

Well said, Enforcer.

--
Tigger

'Got CS...gas?'

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. No subject Jun 30, 2003, 08:39 Tigger

1.12 - Why is DNF taking so long?
While this question constantly comes up from concerned fans, the fact is that the game is not taking as long as it may seem.

Doesn't this sound like a line from The Matrix Reloaded? I wonder if 3DR is taking marketing advice from The Architect. They should have prefaced it with:

"While your first question is the most often asked, it is also the most irrelevant, since we are avoiding hype."

--
Tigger

'Got CS...gas?'

--
Tigger

9. Re: Yeah - Whatever Jun 30, 2003, 05:49 tubs

If you read points 3.0 and 3.1
They're practically contradiciting each other.

8. Re: Yeah - Whatever Jun 30, 2003, 00:23 Enforcer

Oh but they say in there pathetic FAQ and I quote:
1.12 - Why is DNF taking so long?
While this question constantly comes up from concerned fans, the fact is that the game is not taking as long as it may seem.
If that isn't the biggest joke question I have ever seen. If you guys are not ready to release the game then don't bring anything out to hype the fans till close to the release date...just like VALVe did with HL2.

7. Yeah - Whatever Jun 29, 2003, 22:34 Tigger

Blah, blah, blah - I'm almost sick of 3DR not hyping DNF.

<Sarcasm>
I mean it's going to be a great game after all, right? And great games don't need to be hyped - because they are great. And hype might take away from the experience of the finished product. But they don't want to hype it. They just want to work on it. And maybe talk about it, too. But leave the hype out.
</Sarcasm>

--
Tigger

'Got CS...gas?'

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 10:26.

--
Tigger

6. Re: God I love that page Jun 29, 2003, 21:34 Kamakiri

What is Duke Nuken Forever?

5. Re: God I love that page Jun 29, 2003, 21:34 Kamakiri

4. God I love that page Jun 29, 2003, 20:26 RegularX

The DNF FAQ always makes me laugh.

3. According to the FAQ, it's confirmed Jun 29, 2003, 19:43 JAGUART

Yes, Duke Nukem Forever will be DirectX 6 compliant.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

2. Re: . Jun 29, 2003, 18:41 sponge

Tell that to the Starsiege Tribes Vengeance people (sorry guys, I forget the official name)

1. . Jun 29, 2003, 16:10 Sinistar

LOL.. This should be in the Half-Life II FAQ as well..
---------------
* 5.11 - Would it be possible under an NDA to get information about character and world polycounts that the engine can handle?
No, sorry.

"I would seriously suggest that nobody even think about a mod for DNF until it's out, or at best a couple months away (and we will let you know when). You just cannot make a mod for an unreleased engine." --George Broussard

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo