Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Xbox 2 in 2006?

Ballmer sets date for next Xbox (thanks HomeLAN Fed) has a report that the Xbox 2 may have a 2006 release date. Here goes:

According to reports by Japanese newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Ballmer made the remark during a press conference in Japan. Many had expected the new Xbox to arrive a year earlier.

Microsoft representatives refused to confirm the 2006 date. "No date has been announced for future Xbox products or services," the company said in a statement. "Our executives often talk about the future in terms of vision and the possibilities of technology. This is what allows us to be innovative as a company."

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2003, 05:57 ExcessDan

i want meds

"The" Dan
Supporter of the "A happy fredster is an unmuted fredster" fanclub.

ExcessDan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 19:01 Ihya

The meds aren't working, nin! THEY AREN'T WORKING!

*Bunko curls up in the fetal position, thus bringing a miserable end to his unsuccessful campaign against the consoles*

Someone needs to find their happy place.

44. MS Jun 20, 2003, 17:50 Alak

Microsofts Game Developer is Microsoft Studios. They made Midtown Madness 3, Crimson Skies, Mechassault, Whacked!, Project Gotham Racing........thats all I can think of off the top of my head. All of these games achived an 8.5/10 or higher rating. Microsoft isnt cheap when it comes to making games. As for Nintendo....well I thought they were dead but they just wont go away. When the 3rd Generation consoles hit, Nintendo will be drown in a pool of its own blood. As big as Nintendo is, it can't compete with THEE Most two powerful companies in the entertainment industry. Its like racing a Ferrari with a ride on lawnmower complete with sidecar and cup holder.

43. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 17:39 Tar

As far as I know, Microsoft does not have any in-house developers that work on the X-Box, most of "Microsoft's" games come from outside developers that they have contracts with and they just publish them. (Microsoft has very few in house game developers, I can only think of Flight Simulator). The Age of series are developed by Ensemble Studios, not Microsoft.

Sony's in house devs (if they still have any) have not made any stellar games (remember Fantavision ?). On the other hand, Nintendo's in house devs continually produce high-quality games (except for the occasional bad one ).

In regards to Take-Two, any console that got an exclusive with the next GTA would do extremely well, but that is common sense

Edit for grammar.
This comment was edited on Jun 20, 17:40.

42. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 15:06 eunichron

Other console companies develop their own AAA titles, and also control the licence of who writes software for their machines to ensure quality.
Sony makes the FF games... and the GTA games themselves? That's news to me!

No doubt Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo alike are involved in each title's development, whether it be Q&A, consultance, or just PR, but they don't make the titles themselves.

I believe Microsoft and Nintendo do have their own in-house developers though, but I can't think of any title Microsoft's game development department has made for Xbox. When I think of them the only thing that comes to mind are the Age of... games.
If that is true it would be yet another reason not to buy an XBox.
Then wouldn't that also be a reason to not buy a PC?

I always thought that Microsoft would dominate the North American and European markets if they could score exclusivity with Take-Two and GTA.

41. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 15:02 ReDeeMeR

Well I see it as a good tihng, M$ will lose some more money haha, just curious when will they dump the whole thing?

40. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 14:00 Bunko

The meds aren't working, nin! THEY AREN'T WORKING!

*Bunko curls up in the fetal position, thus bringing a miserable end to his unsuccessful campaign against the consoles*

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22
This comment was edited on Jun 20, 14:01.

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

39. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 13:01 nin

Bunko! Take your meds! Now, dammit!

You can own a console, and your PC will still respect you in the morning...

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/
This comment was edited on Jun 20, 13:04.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

38. No subject Jun 20, 2003, 12:47 Bunko

SPREAD THE WORD Virus! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

DOWN WITH CONSOLES! DOWN WITH CONSOLES! DOWN WITH CONSOLES!

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22

Who knows but that, on the lower frequencies, I speak for you?
http://citizenb.com/ - Now at v1.1

37. Re: What we know. Jun 20, 2003, 10:19 Raiz

No idea about what the hell your going on about with 'Happy Fun Girl Times', but there was a version of Rez which included a vibrator, the review was posted on a girl gaming site:

http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2002/10/26/sex_in_games_rezvibrator.html

36. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 09:55 Hiroaki Zeta

No other console company does it this way.

Other console companies develop their own AAA titles, and also control the licence of who writes software for their machines to ensure quality.

Not really, with a few exceptions AAA 1st party titles are developed by... Developers owned by a parent corporation (Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft). And just because a developer works directly for the company responsible for the hardware doesn't mean their games will be good. 989 Studios anyone. Why Sony bought them I'll never know.

Further the ensuring quality bit is clearly subjective. There's never been a console that hasn't had it's share of lemons. I can only imagine that the guys responsible for plastering that Nintendo seal of quality eat paint chips on their down time. But yes, every console maker does in fact have a QA department, even if it is for naught. I think it's more to keep games that might actually be able to damage the console in some way from making it to the market, rather than keeping unfun or poorly made games from reaching us.

35. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 09:18 Darken Rahl

I'll just win one like I did my current DVD play...er...XBox.

34. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2003, 08:48 RaZ0r!

"Er, game quality isn't Microsoft's job anyway. Microsoft provides the hardware, it's up to the individual developers to make the quality games."

No other console company does it this way.

If that is true it would be yet another reason not to buy an XBox.

RaZ0r!
Tweak Monkey and Gaming Extraordinaire =)
http://users.ign.com/about/Cutts

33. LOL Jun 20, 2003, 08:42 RaZ0r!

"This is what allows us to be innovative as a company."

hahahahaha

RaZ0r!
Tweak Monkey and Gaming Extraordinaire =)
http://users.ign.com/about/Cutts

32. Who Cares Jun 20, 2003, 08:32 Bingo

Why would I want a breeze block that has inferior sound, graphics and the crappiest control method ever invented, not to mention that the games are more expensive?

PC's are just so much better, well worth spending that little bit more cash, you can get a great PC now for $500.

31. Re: What we know. Jun 20, 2003, 08:12 Shataan

my question is this.... do gamers really wanna know 3 years ahead of time when a game OR system will be released? I certainly don`t wanna pine the seconds away waiting for over 3 years for something. Announce it like Halflife 2, 6 months prior to release.

30. Re: What we know. Jun 20, 2003, 07:07 Bob

Xbox2, em does this mean that each unit will lose twice as much money as Xbox1?

The reason I don't like consoles is they suck resources away from the PC game industry. We see games that should have been PC get sucked into the black hole of console-dom (halo) or worse, we get a castrated abortion port-to-pc game thats obviously a port because of the crappy controls and blah graphics.

29. Re: What we know. Jun 20, 2003, 06:57 Ihya

I think the 'game' is called Happy Fun Girl Times : Vibrate Edition, but only in Japanese.
It was reviewed by some chick on some form of entertainment website, who quite happily posted pictures of her with the thing installed between her legs, and a rather vivid description of the apparently earth shattering orgasm she experienced.
Sometimes you gotta like the Japanese.'

Reminds me of the vibrating harry potter broomstick toy that little girls loved to ride.

28. XBox 2 : Rise of the Consoles Jun 20, 2003, 05:24 JAGUART

Muhahahahah! You might as well throw your PC out now cause The XBox 2 will squash PC Gaming for Good! Goodbye keyboard and mouse, hello sweet multi-function game controller. You'll never need to type or point and click again after the Xbox 2 goes sentient in 2006.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

27. Re: What we know. Jun 20, 2003, 05:10 Creston

But I could be on to something there

Except that is has been done before, so unfortunately, no...
Dammit, can't find the link anywhere. Some japanese psychedelic game has a vibrating component which has been designed for no other reason than for a girl to get off while she watches the pretty colors. I think the 'game' is called Happy Fun Girl Times : Vibrate Edition, but only in Japanese.
It was reviewed by some chick on some form of entertainment website, who quite happily posted pictures of her with the thing installed between her legs, and a rather vivid description of the apparently earth shattering orgasm she experienced.
Sometimes you gotta like the Japanese.

Also, wasn't that whole "Microsoft goes ATI" just a rumor posted on some dredging the bottom of the barrel internet bullshit "news" site?

MS would be pretty stupid not to have backward compatibility when in fact this has been at the forefront of every single damn OS they've ever made (much to a lot of annoyance of just about everybody who's had to support it. Having someone hand you a '93 DOS copy of Lotus 123 and hearing the request "Can we get this to run under Windows XP?" is enough to make my teeth shatter...

Creston

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 05:11.

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo