Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Master Czech Demo

The Czech demo (not to be confused with a tech demo) for Ghost Master is now available, offering a sample of the haunting upcoming strategy game. This will not be as confusing for non-Czechs to follow, since the dialogue is in English with the localization handled via subtitles, but the installer and menus are Czech as well, so some trial-and-error may be involved. The download is available from 3D Gamers and Tiscali Games.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: I have the game May 22, 2005, 05:41 Sylvia

Do you know how to solve that? When I use the little fireghost I got from the basement of a witchhouse in an earlier level, people with fire extinguishers just freeze and they make me unable to finish the level... This happens with almost every level I use the fireghost in (I don't know it's name)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Ghost CZ Jul 14, 2003, 08:41 Braveman

Thank you Big Bear:)
Czech Republic go on world
CR make a very good game (Operation Flashpoint, H&D , Vietcong ... ). And now we have Ghost Master demoCZ
I lived in CR and there is super.
Bye ...

15. Re: glad to see Jun 13, 2003, 17:24 Big_Bear

BTW i hate to have to make the point but throwing India and us in the same general bucketful of cheap labor is way off the mark - closer conditions here to the US than to India.

I have to agree with you there m8, I have to say the Czech Republic is one of nicest countries I have ever been to, and Praque{sp?) one of most architecturally Interesting Cities I have been in.

So for everybody who slags off Eastern Europe, get off your arse and do a bit of traveling and base your opinions on facts not what you seen in some Eightes Movie about 'Commie Countries'.

Big_Bear

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 17:25.

14. glad to see Jun 13, 2003, 08:16 Vladimir

some of you native "englishes" have to fight your way through a game in czech

Its probably cheaper to make games almost anywhere where taxes or wages are low but that and the exotic language doesnt make bohemia interactive or illusion softworks sweatshops. They MAY be but dont have to be. They could be pretty cool companies to work for judging from the outside. Not quite worth moving over from the US but comfortable for eastern european (chuckle) standards.

BTW i hate to have to make the point but throwing India and us in the same general bucketful of cheap labor is way off the mark - closer conditions here to the US than to India.

13. Re: I have the game Jun 13, 2003, 01:32 ExcessDan

sometimes when ghosts aren't available it means that there is no fetter for it on the level

"The" Dan
Supporter of the "A happy fredster is an unmuted fredster" fanclub.

ExcessDan

12. Re: I have the game Jun 12, 2003, 22:34 Daedalus

you can use ghosts you get later in the game in earlier missions.. replay the mission from the high scares pumpkin or whatever from the level select screen

Hm.. then it doesn't work in the earlier levels - I've tried using new ghosts (i.e. Harriet) in older levels (through High Scares) - no go. New ghosts don't show up in the ghost selection screen for older levels. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Yeah, it seems I can use a couple different ghosts in previous levels, but they are not all available. Slowdown must have been the case of overheating, because I didn't see any when I turned my fans up Good to know

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 01:27.

11. Re: I have the game Jun 12, 2003, 21:52 ExcessDan

would you be talking about the mortal with fire extinguisher bug? too many times has this made me restart a level

Hopefully it wil fix the fps problem as well as allow you to use new ghosts in older missions

what do you mean by this? you can use ghosts you get later in the game in earlier missions.. replay the mission from the high scares pumpkin or whatever from the level select screen

"The" Dan
This comment was edited on Jun 12, 21:54.

ExcessDan

10. I have the game Jun 12, 2003, 18:17 Daedalus

Its the UK version, runs really well... except for slowdown in the cruise ship mission, and some in the hospital mission mentioned.. and I like to think I have a "high end" computer. Puh! Its tons of fun, but there are bugs that could make a few levels frustrating, and force you to start the mission over (thats right, no mid-mission saves!).
Its a bummer, but those factors don't hinder what the gameplay is all about - its a lot of fun. Trying to get every ghost in the game is a challenge, and I'm hoping that the patch that should be released at the end of June will carry over in the retail US version. Hopefully it wil fix the fps problem as well as allow you to use new ghosts in older missions (replayability would rule if they made this happen - the game LOOKS like it supports it, but it doesn't seem to be there). Once you get past the tutorial, accents in the game are non-existant.

Overall I'm having a lot of fun with it so far - plenty of evil laughs from me while scaring the bejeezus out of hapless mortals - mwa ha ha!

Sorry for the huge post

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 18:18.

9. Re: How's the demo? Jun 12, 2003, 17:55 Ant

waxthirteen: Thanks. I guess I will wait for the English version then.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

8. Re: How's the demo? Jun 12, 2003, 17:33 waxthirteen

"Is there enough English subtitles, with little trial and errors, to play it?"

i'd personally say "no". the game seems like a lot of fun, but the narrator's voice is the only english in the game which doesn't help very much. i have no idea what any of the ghost powers do and i don't feel like trying each and every one out to get an idea. i'd rather wait for an english demo before playing anymore. it's too frustrating at the moment for people like me

7. No subject Jun 12, 2003, 15:01 ExcessDan

I got up to the hospital level and couldn't beat it because it's too big, too choppy on my system and difficult.

"The" Dan

ExcessDan

6. Re: How's the demo? Jun 12, 2003, 14:24 Bingo

I got 1 ghost to say Boo but thats about it.

5. Re: How's the demo? Jun 12, 2003, 14:24 Soupkin

This game is actually really good.

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
Postal 2 sucks.

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.

4. How's the demo? Jun 12, 2003, 14:00 Ant

Is there enough English subtitles, with little trial and errors, to play it?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

3. Re: grrr >:( Jun 12, 2003, 13:43 The dude

Anyone still confused about why tech companies outsource their programming, support and mfg to India and Eastern Europe?

"Nope".. It's been established you can get more mileage with less US dollars employing foreign talent. Sweat shops are alive and well since the WTO. It's sort of a contradiction of terms now.

As US company pays a foreign owned business, a shit obligation, and the foreign businessman maintains the level of productivity. The US company keeps it's hands clean

So if some of folks are wondering why is it so hard to get a job or reap investment revenue..there you go.

Why pay you the local citizen 45,000.00 60,000.00 or even 100,000+ a year. When you the businessman can feel honor employing some depressed country's citizens 4000.00 bucks a year :D.. "Capitolism at it's best!"

Dell does.. "HELL!" everybody does???

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 13:45.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

2. Re: grrr >:( Jun 12, 2003, 13:00 Pr()ZaC

Tiscali is working fine for me.
I actually liked the preview of this game - sorta like "SIM-GHOST"

1. grrr >:( Jun 12, 2003, 12:55 FourPak

09:50 am pst
too bad None of the download mirrors actually Work.

edit 10:19 am pst
typical, the US mirrors still don't work but the Czech one works fine. Anyone still confused about why tech companies outsource their programming, support and mfg to India and Eastern Europe?
This comment was edited on Jun 12, 13:19.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo