Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT2004 Screenshots

The first screenshots from Unreal Tournament 2004 have been released, and can be viewed on The Adrenaline Vault. The three shots show off a couple of character models, as well as a couple of vehicles from the upcoming UT installment.

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2003, 00:02 Virus

Am I the only one that thinks Q3 is the only game to play for a quick twitch FPS fix? It's still a regular fixture at the lans I attend.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Chupa thingi... Jun 7, 2003, 04:12 dizzydiz

surprised to hear people think ut2003 is too fast, if anything i thought it was too slow, but then again, i'm not coming from counter-strike. The fun factor was definitely missing from ut2k3, mostly cause it sucks worse to be a noob in ut2k3 than it did in ut. less powerful weapons cut down on lucky kills..etc.
btw, whomever it was that was going to buy em both in the bargain bin for $20 each, its looking like you could just buy 2k4 when it comes out and get the same thing..

55. Re: Chupa thingi... Jun 7, 2003, 00:09 Ray Marden

Hmm...Will Rock still has yet to show up in this area, at least in any official sense. Gamestop is hoping for tomorrow while all the other places (CompUSA, EB, Frys, Microcenter) are all looking at sometime this coming week.

Looking online, only today has Gamestop.com listed it as being in stock while EBGames.com is still projecting 06-09-03 for the ship date.

Finding it a much better deal at $19.99; not so sure about $29.99,
Ray

-----------------------------------------
09-30-03: Ph33r t3h crowbar!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, GTA: Vice City, and Rygar.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

54. Re: Chupa thingi... Jun 6, 2003, 20:36 Panick

Will Rock is out and sadly is a very crappy game. Yes it's like Serious Sam, but without the cool weapons, enemies, maps, powerups. Everything is just better in SS. If you have played the demo then you have basicly played the whole game. You get almost all the weapons and get to kill almost all enemies in it. Just repeat that demo a few times and you will know how the game is.(not to say that SS was any different in just killing endless hordes of monsters...but at least it was fun, while in WR it's...just..very boring)

I was mostly hoping for the coop gameplay of it, but it seems that there are only a few special coop maps, where you get all the weapons from the start and just meet a randomazation (is that a word?) of monsters. There is no "story mode" or similar.

Well that's what I think...which obviously doesn't matter...

ON the topic: They need to sell this pretty cheap if they want to sell any. As was mentioned, this is more lika an xpansion, so no one will want to pay the same price for it as for a full game...

53. Re: Chupa thingi... Jun 6, 2003, 10:28 The Truth

Thats it ZOOL!

of course the all time best Amiga game was Megalomania.

I looked around, but i couldent find a port of it to the PC, or even a decent emulation of it. (Found the emulator, but they gaurd the Amiga ROMs (If thats what they are called) religiously.

But anyway, Megalomania truly was the greatest!

http://www.poorintern.com
- The Voices In My Fruit Loops Tell Me I'm Special -

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

52. Re: Sceenshot ut2004 Jun 6, 2003, 08:54 Beamer

Just an expansion... basically... that will cost you as much as Doom3 or HL2.

I disliked UT2K3 greatly. I'm clearly not alone because most of the servers have exclusively bots to play against.

Of course, I'd still say it was better than SoF2.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

51. Re: Chupa thingi... Jun 6, 2003, 01:22 Ray Marden

Well...

1. Will Rock is not out yet, at least not in an official retail version. I have heard everything from Friday to Tuesday as its new ship date.

2. Bombastic Dantastic has hated the game since the demo.

Up for another Serious Sam-ish game,
Ray

-----------------------------------------
09-30-03: Ph33r t3h crowbar!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, GTA: Vice City, and Rygar.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

50. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2003, 23:13 Quaternion

stop comparing unreal to that console peice of shit halo

Have you actually played that console peice of shit? I didn't play single player since I don't own an XBox, but the multiplayer sure is fun. I played a 14 player game once at a friend's appartment. Woot! Lots of fun. And the single player is supposed to kick ass!

It's not the platform that matters, it's the quality of the game, my elitist friend.

49. Amiga on PC Jun 5, 2003, 22:59 The Sentinel

Sombody asked if you could play Amiga games on the PC. Look for a program called UAE. My eyes are bleary from staring at a screen all day, otherwise I'd find a link for you.

48. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2003, 22:28 Pete

The credit for that "warthog" should go to Pete and Link!

though im almost certain you arent refering to this Pete, i will take the credit non-the-less.

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

Doin' it Big

47. No subject Jun 5, 2003, 21:54 Brick

The credit for that "warthog" should go to Pete and Link! That's right! Pete and Link of the MOD squad. Ah... what the hell... give Julie credit too. They used that exact same vehicle when they were trying to infiltrate a... ummm.. gang of dune buggy hoodlums. Futuristic vehicle my ass!!!

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 21:56.

46. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2003, 21:42 chili pepper

Console players always look at you funny.

Thats because they become cross-eyed after playing all those split-screen games. That's how consoles do multiplayer, believe it or not.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 21:44.

45. No subject Jun 5, 2003, 21:04 RazorWynd

one time this console gamer looked at me...so i disembowled him with a spork

thats how i feel about consolizers

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

44. About UT4, Chrome and Halo Jun 5, 2003, 20:37 chili pepper

I think those screenshots are sweet. You can always rely on the Unreal games for a solid, fun online game. I only hope they tone down the ridiculous speed so it is more like the original UT, one of the best online games ever made. UT3 was good, but UT was much better.

As for the Chrome game, I found it to be one of the crappiest game ever made. If you haven't yet, don't waste your time downloading the 350 mb demo, which takes forever to install. Sure the screenshots looks good, but don't be fooled. Playing it is another story completely. There are a million (major) things wrong with this game, too many to list but a couple things are the god-awful controls and that you can't use any of the vehicles. I can't think of one redeeming quality this game . It is a sad joke. Don't say I didn't warn you.

btw, my guess is that bungie decided to sell to Microsoft because they couldn't get the PC internet code to funtion smoothly. Obvious solution: turn Halo into a console game! Problem solved!

edit: typo

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 20:39.

43. Re: Sceenshot ut2004 Jun 5, 2003, 20:06 Tony!!!

Man, we have alot of Xbox fan boys here. I had no idea. As far as this game not looking as good as Doom or Half Life, well duh. UT2k3 came out, how long has it been? This is just an expansion pack basically. Right?
Anyhoot. Some of you must be new to the whole gaming scene to be complaining about the game speed. Your twitch skills have been dumbed down by games like Medal of Honor, Americas Army and Battlefield 1942. UT2k3 is great fun for getting in some quick action. I'd play it more except my pc kinda suck and I can't play with all the bells and whistles at a smooth frame rate.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

42. Sceenshot ut2004 Jun 5, 2003, 19:46 Trackerstar

All futuristic movies have vehicals like that, I like dune buggies, never been in one; but I guess with lots of open space in next installment of 2004 it will make a great addition. What I would like see is the addition of spells and about some matrix stuff in this unreal tournament.

41. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2003, 19:31 RazorWynd

stoppedy stop stop stoppers of stoppenisisity stopiwankers

40. No subject Jun 5, 2003, 19:30 RazorWynd

stop comparing unreal to that console peice of shit halo

39. No subject Jun 5, 2003, 19:27 RazorWynd

wtf is with you people...stop bashing the first screenshot of the game

38. Re: original? Jun 5, 2003, 18:48 CyBeRpImP

The jeep looks like a warthog, the tank is similar to a scorpion tank, the flying thingie looks similar to a banshee....
or is it me?

First thing I thought of. Not just you.

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo