Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Not only is Sammy Sosa a poor liar, he's not a very good physicist, if you buy the premise of Probing the Power of Corked Bats (thanks Mike Martinez). I guess if it's not surprising that people cheat in Counter-Strike games where there's nothing but pride (and anonymous pride at that) on the line, it should not even be remotely shocking that cheating occurs in a sport where a great career can net one hundreds of millions of dollars, huh?

Link of the Day: Aquaplastics. Thanks djeek.
Stories of the Day: Cable 'foxes' enter the telco henhouse.
Find Your Stolen Goods On eBay.
Music industry hopes mobile phones will be new revenue source.
Wild Science: Report: Fords now guzzle more gas than Model T.
You Make It, You Take It: PC Law.
Weird Science: Virtual future for ancient relics
Image of the Day: FoxTrot. Thanks thanecyan.
Auction of the Day: Ghost in a Jar in a Ghost Jar! and Toast in a jar! Thanks Dasein. A couple of follow-ups.
Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

69. Re: Ridiculous Jun 10, 2003, 04:02 LordSteev

LOL, you must be from Chicago.

They shouldn't even allow corked bats into stadiums. Players shouldn't even own ONE, much less take it to the plate in a Major League Game. Of course he's going to say it was an accident. What else would he say when he's been caught red-handed? Sosa's no icon, he's a punk who uses a corked bat and takes steroids.

-LordSteev

Supporter of the "Unleash the Fredster!!" Fan Club
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. Re: Ad on blues Jun 9, 2003, 07:38 nin

"i don't like cherries or any fucking red fruit in my pop/soda/whatever "
I prefere nothing to be fucking in whatever i'm drinking, either during or before said drinking.

Sounds like a cartoon for the Penny Arcade guys...

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/
This comment was edited on Jun 9, 07:39.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

67. Re: Ad on blues Jun 8, 2003, 23:22 Nonicknameforme

"i don't like cherries or any fucking red fruit in my pop/soda/whatever "

I prefere nothing to be fucking in whatever i'm drinking, either during or before said drinking.

"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

66. No subject Jun 8, 2003, 23:22 Nonicknameforme

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 23:22.

"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

65. Ridiculous Jun 8, 2003, 19:24 Wretch

Hey Blue --

Stick to what you know about (not much) and leave your opinions on Sosa inside your oversized head.

If the guy is such a liar as you put it, he would have more than one corked bat. Also, how many basket homers has he hit at Wrigley? He doesn't need to add 4-5 feet onto his homers as they clear the wall in any park.

So take your 'liar' commentary back and quit bashing a guy who comes forward, admits he made a mistake and doesn't go into hiding like I'm sure you would if you were under the same pressure. Plus, you call a guy like Sosa, an ambassador for baseball, someone who gives and gives back to the game and has made the game even better just for his sportsmanship, deserves better than the idle comments coming from someone so lowly and clueless as yourself.

Payce.

dammit CRT <shakes his head>

64. Re: Ad on blues Jun 6, 2003, 14:26 ExcessDan

Hmm i may give the new dew a try.. i like regular mountain dew (i think im a minority).. dont like the red stuff though but a lot of ppl that don't like the original love code red... i don't like cherries or any fucking red fruit in my pop/soda/whatever though

"The" Dan
Supporter of the "A happy fredster is an unmuted fredster" fanclub.

ExcessDan

63. About Sosa Jun 6, 2003, 13:36 Santiago

You guys raise a lot of good points. I guess I *want* to believe he's innocent because he's always seemed like a pretty decent fellow. But I don't really follow baseball, and it seems like most of those who do believe he's guilty. What a shame. Not like he was one of those stupid wife-beating thugs that everyone idolizes.

-----------------------------------------------------
http://nicebreakers.gotdns.com
Cry 'havoc', and let slip the dogs o' war!

-----------------------------------------------------
"Oh that's blue. He's an old navy vet that hangs around my store a lot. But don't worry about it, he's legit."

62. Re: Ad on blues Jun 6, 2003, 11:13 Enahs

I personally think its nasty.
It is a orange soda, but to me it gives a after bite taste, kinda like an artificial sweetner does.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

61. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2003, 08:23 Xombie

Seriously. The Reds beating anyone? Let alone the Yankees. I've lived in Cincinnati my whole life and I can't remember the last time the Reds didn't suck.
There was a little thing called the "semi finals" that they got into a few years ago. I was at the game when they beat the Dodgers.

Maybe. I just like blasting my Reds because, well, they usually deserve it.
Understandable. I've been a Reds fan since I attended my first major league baseball game (which was at Riverfront, RIP), and even I can admit they usually tend to suck. But good things come to those who wait. Hell, look at the Cubs.... or maybe that's not a good example anymore.
Though I think they've been doing quite well for themselves this season, with Dunn and Boone doing as well as they have at the plate. Hell, they've even had a winning record once or twice!

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

60. Re: Ad on blues Jun 6, 2003, 06:47 The Half Elf

It taste like carbonated orange koolaid, it's not bad and alot better then sprite remix *blech*. And I pretty much the biggest Moutain Dew hater on this planet. I haven't tried the Code Red stuff either.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

59. Re: Ad on blues Jun 6, 2003, 06:41 Bronco

What does that mountain dew live wire taste like?

Simply - Orange Soda.

Do you remember Sunkist or Orange Slice?

Then you know what LiveWire tastes like.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
My spoon is too big!

-TPFKAS2S

58. Re: Sosa and ESPN Jun 6, 2003, 05:19 Von Helmet

Oh, the joys of laughing at the French for not wanting to take part in the war.

NEWSFLASH - There are no weapons of mass destruction, and Bush doesn't give a toss about Iraq and the wellbeing of the citizens. Its about oil. Maybe France just didn't like the sound of that?

57. Re: Ad on blues Jun 6, 2003, 04:08 Soupkin

Water is cheaper isnt it?

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
Postal 2 sucks.

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.

56. Re: Ad on blues Jun 6, 2003, 03:45 hebrew_national

What does that mountain dew live wire taste like? i haven't seen it in stores and i'm curious... please don't reply telling me it tastes like ass unless you describe the flavour

It tastes like donkey!

All soda tastes bad.
I do not drink soda.

Soda is bad for you.

55. Ad on blues Jun 6, 2003, 00:40 ExcessDan

What does that mountain dew live wire taste like? i haven't seen it in stores and i'm curious... please don't reply telling me it tastes like ass unless you describe the flavour

anyone try the new sprite ice or whatever? fucking awful... its like sprite mixed with black licorice..

"The" Dan
Supporter of the "A happy fredster is an unmuted fredster" fanclub.

ExcessDan

54. Re: Sosa and ESPN Jun 6, 2003, 00:16 Bronco

It's not even close to what the Philly fans are doing to Jose Mesa (their own player) right now!

If we have to be known as the toughest fans in sports we may as well justify it!

I hate baseball....

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
??????

-TPFKAS2S

53. Re: Sosa and ESPN Jun 5, 2003, 23:09 Freezer

"what do you guys think about the French crowd jeering Williams constantly through her recent match?"

Screw the french..yellow bastards. Thats about as hostile as they'll ever get.

52. Re: Sosa Jun 5, 2003, 23:07 Freezer

It is possible to put on 50lbs of muscle in two years steroids or not. Through proper diet and the right training program a person can dramatically change their body in two years. If baseball players are tested regulary for steroids and he keeps coming up clean then you would only have to assume he is putting on the muscle the old fashioned way not "juicing" If some one can lose 50lbs of fat in less than a year why can't they put on 25lbs a year in muscle? Think about it, email someone at Muscle and Fitness and they'll be glad to tell you it is very possible. You can put on 5 lbs of muscle in five weeks if it is done right. So I doubt anything fishy is going on there.

As for the corked bat, does it really matter? Do you really care that he used it? I personally don't care and yes I can see him grabbing the wrong bat etc, there are far too many variables we don't know about prior to him taking his bat and getting ready to go to the plate. An ounce difference might be noticable but if you think how many times you grabbed a wrong bat and said damn this feels a bit lighter and went to the plate with out even worrying about it or thinking twice, it happens. Sammy Sosa has to live with what he did if he did it intentionally if it was a mistake like he said then so be it..They say they tested 76 of his bats do you actually believe he had 76 bats at that game to choose from? No he didn't he probably had a dozen or so on hand and if the bat was unmarked or whatever it is very possible he grabbed that bat or was handed the bat by someone if he wasn't able to grab it himself. Plus look at the results of usung the bat, it busted and he grounded out its not like he hit a grand slam to win the world series against the spankees, I mean the Yankees.. so give the man a break.

51. Re: Sosa and ESPN Jun 5, 2003, 21:46 WarPig

what do you guys think about the French crowd jeering Williams constantly through her recent match?

It's not even close to what the Philly fans are doing to Jose Mesa (their own player) right now!

-----------------------------------------
Of course I could be wrong... but really, what are the chances of that happening twice?

GO SEAHAWKS!

50. Re: Sosa and ESPN Jun 5, 2003, 21:04 Gojo

"what do you guys think about the French crowd jeering Williams constantly through her recent match?"

I'm watching the re-broadcast right now on ESPN and don't really see that (yet). Maybe I just am not noticing it much, the French are always like that.
EDIT:
Ah NOW I see it, in the 3rd set after Serina had a few bad calls overturned the crowd seemed to turn hostile toward her. They cheared her every miss, even bad 1st serves. Seems they were looking for a reason to boo the American. Sigh... Can't we just all get along

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 21:41.

=-Gojo-=

69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo