Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Colin McRae Rally 3 Demo Patch

This Codemasters Downloads Page has the promised (story) patch for the Colin McRae Rally 3 Demo. The 20 MB patch brings the code in the demo in line with the final version of the game. Mirrors can be found on 3D Gamers, FileShack (registration required), Gameplex, and Gamer's Hell. On a semi-related note, there's a Colin McRae Rally 3 preview on Gamers Pulse.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Still doesn't even start here Jun 6, 2003, 05:19 Freaky

The intro screen comes up and warns me not to copy it, or else (you potential pirate scumbag). Then it drops me to the desktop.

*shrug*, from the sound of things, it doesn't look like I'm missing much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 23:23 HoSpanky

yes, "even". sorry, but LFS has some rather nasty issues with clipping and culling. if the game would run without panels of landscape randomly missing till you get close, it'd look much nicer. I know, it's not done. hell, I already put down for the S1 pack. it plays too "right"...even with weird graphical goofs here and there.

11. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 17:28 Tom

even Live For Speed looks amazing next to CMR3

even??? Live For Speed may not be the prettiest game out there, but it's not bad looking at all, I think.. especially the latest versions.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 17:30.

10. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 16:03 Razorman

Well for me that patch has transformed the game & it's damn good (imho), before the patch it was really bad wit shiat fr's & horrible textures & handled like a dog, now its runs sweeet & the graphics,effects,steering are very impressive, the attention to detail, especially on the wheels suspension & physics is superb.
I know i sound like a fkn ad for em but its impressed me & i've got every descent drivim sim ever released on my hdd right now.
Runnin it @ 1280x1024 32 bit & get around 80-100 fps

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 16:05.

Come to bed Milly Sue, Daddys ready in his big ole trailer

9. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 15:36 HoSpanky

Ehh, final code or not, I was quite un-thrilled with its PSX-era backgrounds. Rallisport Challenge is embarassingly better looking (and arguably, handling). I mean, even Live For Speed looks amazing next to CMR3.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 15:39.

8. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 13:12 changingman

I had no problems at all with mine. I've got the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0 installed and running, and XP just accepted the FF2 and FF Wheel when I plugged them in.

7. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 12:11 Killian

My Sidewinder FF Pro works like a charm. Don't think I did anything special to get it to work.

6. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 11:45 Nuhauser

Not for me, if you have a FF product that is working properly with XP then please share. My USB MS Sidewinder 2 FF joystick will only work with either the forces (including the center return) at max or completely off. At max it shakes the entire desk and cannot be used. MS offered to buy it back from me, and I might just do that to check out the new top of the line Logitech FF joystick.

5. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 11:23 changingman

The problem is only with the older ones, that connected via a gameport. FF2 and the newer FF wheel that connect to USB work fine. I wouldn't mind seeing an actual update to the FF wheel that had a more solid clamp and a third pedal (clutch).

4. No subject Jun 4, 2003, 11:02 Dan M

Yes, I'm using XP and this is the only game to give me problems, aside from NFS: High Stakes, which I tried out about two years ago. CMR2 worked great. *shrugs*

EDIT: Actually, I was using windows 98 when I tried HS.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 11:07.

3. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2003, 10:53 Nuhauser

"Well, my MSFF wheel still doesn't work with the game."

Are you using XP? MS force feedback products have a significant driver problem with XP.

I hope this fixes up the graphics and improves the performance. I also wasn't impressed with the invulnerable car.

2. No subject Jun 4, 2003, 10:44 werbwerb

I'm using a keyboard and turn handling seems to be better now. You don't skid out of control as often now, there's a higher speed threshold for slides. I've got a time of 3:26 on the Japanese track.

----

Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds...

-Bhagavad Gita

----
Some people risk to employ me...
Some people live to destroy me...
...Either way, they die.

1. No subject Jun 4, 2003, 10:39 Dan M

Well, my MSFF wheel still doesn't work with the game.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo