Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BF 1942 SitRep

The Battlefield 1942 Website (thanks Frans) now offers another update describing the upcoming version 1.4 patch for the World War II shooter. The update describes plans for improved sounds, an improved scoreboard, a new blood effect, the capacity for smaller client updates in the future, and more.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Refresh Rate Jun 1, 2003, 13:42 ExcessDan

whoah your refresh rate is 85mHz? thats fucking low... how can you even play? Or was it a typo and you meany MHz...if so go dammit tell me what kind of monitor you're using... shit that refreshes a lot.

"The" Dan
This comment was edited on Jun 1, 13:43.

ExcessDan
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Refresh Rate Jun 1, 2003, 11:20 Scott

I discovered that there was a conflict between the refresh rate program I was using, and the new NVIDIA drivers.

It seems that NVIDIA has fixed the problem as I can now override the default 60mhz to 85mhz in the display settings.

27. No subject May 31, 2003, 15:28 ExcessDan

Todd, read the update on the website that's linked in the post.

"The" Dan

ExcessDan

26. No subject May 31, 2003, 14:35 RazorWynd

well quboid...the type 99 is going to replace the mauser for the sniper and engineer since the japs didnt use the mauser at all..it wont unbalance the game since its going to be the same as the mauser damage wise and all that crap...

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

25. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 14:14 ZzeusS

Thank you for that Razor, and editing it twice to get it exactly twice. I now feel more stupid for having read it.

24. Refresh Rate May 31, 2003, 14:01 EJ

Try going to control panel-> diplay -> advanced -> displays

Click on the tab above your monitor. Make sure DCC isn't being used. Then set your monitors max resolution and refresh rate. You might need your monitor's manual or check online for it. If you set it below your max refresh rate it might give you weird refresh rates. I used my manual and set it at 1600x1200 and 180mhz. Works fine.

EJ

23. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 12:47 Quboid

Let's just hope it's the website that's wrong and not the game - I wouldn't put it past them.

If that jap one is bolt action, won't the users get massacred by other assault rifle users who have automatic fire?

Cheers,
Quboid

War isn't about who's right, its about who's left.

- Quboid

22. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 12:41 sc4r4b

Thanks for the history lesson.

God hates you, he told me.

21. No subject May 31, 2003, 12:26 RazorWynd

http://ww2photo.mimerswell.com/vapen/su/mg/dp28.htm

http://www.rifleslings.com/Jap_T99_Sling_thumbnail_version.htm

JAHAHHahhaHAHA im so informative

these are the guns that will be added

This comment was edited on May 31, 12:29.

20. No subject May 31, 2003, 12:20 RazorWynd

to educate you n00btards out there...the bf1942 site messed up and called the type 99 a russian weapon and the dp1928 a japanese weapon when we smart ass's all know that its the other way around.....and they called both weapons assault rifles when the type 99 is a bolt action rifle and the dp1928 is a big ass support gun....got it..punks

This comment was edited on May 31, 12:36.

19. No subject May 31, 2003, 12:07 RazorWynd

1.4 is gonna have new guns!!!
the russian DP 1928 heavy machine gun (dunno if its gonna be mobile or mounted)for the russians and the japanese type 99 rifle to replace the mauser for the japanese!!

GUNS ARE FUN!WEEEEEE!

This comment was edited on May 31, 12:09.

18. Re: I remember when... May 31, 2003, 11:17 Quboid

Yeah, I was amazed at the utter crapness of their scoring system. Surely they must know that people won't play as a team unless it gets them personal recognition. I would have done scoring something like this:

Every 20 vechicle health points fixed: +1 score
Every 15 person health points healed: +1
Every enemy person killed: +5
Every enemy tank destroyed: +3 (+the score from the people inside)
Every enemy APC or aircraft: +2 (+the ppl inside)
Every enemy jeep: +1 (+the ppl inside)
Every enemy ship: +5 (+the ppl inside)

For team kills and/or team equipment destorying, I'd subtract twice that score - ie. if you're in a situation where it's 50/50 if you'll blow up a friend or enemy, *don't* do it.

I know score doubling only encourages deliberate TKers as they want a huge - score but the score doubling wouldn't be my solution. The way to stop TKers is the same was as TKers stop gamers - frustration. When you die, your respawn time is an extra 20 seconds for every team kill you did in your previous life. If you messed up, you get a slap on the wrist. If you go mad, you'll be bored. Also, if you kill a teammate who has TK'ed since they last died, you don't get penalized (like loss points for the kill or get an increased spawn time) so people can kill a deliberate TKer without dmaging their own score. I'd be confident that the majority of people wouldn't go killing people who screw up the odd time.

It amazes me that DICE released the scoring and TK system they way they did. Were they born yesterday?

Cheers,
Quboid

War isn't about who's right, its about who's left.
This comment was edited on May 31, 11:19.

- Quboid

17. I remember when... May 31, 2003, 10:53 JAGUART

I first played this game and hated it. Then a friend showed me what they did to it six months later at version 1.3 and it is FANTASTIC. I like what the poster mentioned about engineers and medics receiving points for doing their job. If they reward teamwork, people will play together better. I'm always an engineer, in there repairing people's tanks and making them last during a slug-fest. And lets not forget those medics, who selflessly heal other players on the front lines while half the team is circle-jerking at the airfield.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

16. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 06:01 changingman

For BF1942, there's a file that some people need to edit to allow the game to run in a refresh rate other than 60hz - VideoDefault.con. There's a line that mentions refresh rates, should be set to 1.

15. No subject May 31, 2003, 04:05 Todd

I really love the game, I didn't have it as long as most of you so I can't compare it to prior versions. I just hope the patch doesn't screw up the Merciless Mod with the pure server thing. Merciless Mod made the game into more of what it should have been.

14. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 03:47 Muscular Beaver

if you have problems with refreshrates, try powerstrip or refreshforce. doesnt matter what driver or card you have, it will ALWAYS keep the desired refreshrate.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 01:52 ExcessDan

I just tried playing this a second ago... I'm too spoiled on ET... I quit after 5 minutes BF is too sluggish for me now

"The" Dan

ExcessDan

12. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 01:38 Razorman

This game is great!
Mind you havent played it in ages but i have been playin DESERT COMBAT, an awsome, yes AWSOME mod which has captured my attention like no other game since the days of days when other things captured my attention

Come to bed Milly Sue, Daddys ready in his big ole trailer

11. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 01:13 sc4r4b

Yeah I liked the AA guns more before the nerf but I don't think that nerfing them ruined the game. Anyway I am hoping that I will fix my audio bugs...

God hates you, he told me.

10. Re: No subject May 31, 2003, 00:04 Raven

Grenades work so much better than bullets for river fishing.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo