Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - PlanetSide

Sony Online Entertainment Ships PlanetSide The World's First Massively Multiplayer Online First-Person Action Game is the press release announcing that PlanetSide has touched down in the U.S. and Canada. In addition to the announcement of the game's availability and subscription details is word on their post release plans:

The first new features planned for release post-launch include three new vehicles: a bomber, an airborne vehicle transport and a four-wheeled anti-aircraft buggy. New game options include the ability to form three squadrons of ten men each into one large platoon and Sanctuary strikes, where empires can strike at previously untouchable bases, and outfit competitions, pitting squads against one another in unique challenges.

View
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

74. Re: No subject May 25, 2003, 20:26 Lactose The Intolerant

I'm the one lost? Do you even bother to read CRAW's posts? All I see here is someone criticizing for completely DIFFERENT reasons for what you listed and didn't take it personally until someone from your "very nice community" flamed him so he retorted. I'm not even going to touch the CS insults and such since CRAW covered that in his previous post, why don't you read it instead of just deciding to flame ppl. In the words of DrEvil: lol, when in doubt call everyone that hates this trash of a game a CS freak. Now why don't you take your gay reference sophmoric jokes somewhere else and actually try to defend some of the criticisms brought against this game. You will notice I have not criticized PS, you just struck me as an immature idiot so I posted. This was nothing more than a debate, your "mature" community turned it into a flame war.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

73. No subject May 25, 2003, 17:18 [VG]Reagle

Irony ? Its all right to talk a little smack. However there is a differance between an insult and some of the garbage spewed here.

I guess maybe the differance is lost on you though. Oh well. Ill leave you and Craw together. Maybe you'd like that.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

72. shit fuck dick shit asswipe May 25, 2003, 13:01 space captain

Wow, Craw... you kiss your momma with that mouth? You also seem very concerned about convincing us your opinion is right. That means it must be!!!!

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

71. Re: Panick don't give up May 25, 2003, 03:10 Lactose The Intolerant

Does anyone really need to say anything about the irony in Reagle's post?

70. Panick don't give up May 25, 2003, 02:39 [VG]Reagle

Well Panick you are missing a truely deep game that is fun. As far as the community in game its turned out very nice. The community seems to be sorted out a bit by those that can afford to pay for the subscription to the game and those that can't.

In doing so it has kept alot of the imature players out of the game. Its also a great game that succeds in promoting teamwork.

Don't let them talk you out of a super game. If your a real FPS fan don't give up before you try it for a week or two. If you do you'll miss something great.

After all they can talk smack all they want but if you want to play a game with vehicles in a FPS your going to have a pretty short list to select from. This one like the others is great. Maybe even the best one out there.

[VG]Reagle Beagle

P.S. And one other thing CRAW your mommy needs to wash your mouth out with soap. Go back to CS.
This comment was edited on May 25, 02:43.

69. Re: MMOFPS Beta May 25, 2003, 01:53 The Mule

Sounds like Proudfoot needs to get her head out of her ass.

Sounds like CRAW needs a friend or two.

Naw, just fine on the friends, thanks though.

By both of his 'irrate' posts,

MY irate posts? You dont see ME insulting anyone...at least you DIDNT, shit-for-brains.

he didn't have anyone to play with, and ran around trying to find something to do. Going solo doesn't work in PS.

Wow, you sure read well. Can someone please read my previous post to this moron? She cant see the part about joining squads, being under base attack, etc...

OPEN YOUR EYES BEFORE YOUR MOUTH, DIPSHIT.

Panick: CS freaks won't play PS. The CS/BF1942 freaks are the ones flaming it *cough* because they can't afford to pay monthly fee. Nor do they understand -why- they pay that fee.

DrEvil is 100%, you and every other moron fanboi are soooooo ghey for saying that everyone that doesnt like this game is a CS lover. I have NEVER even had that game loaded on any PC I have, nor have I ever seen it other than in mags.

I CAN afford the fee just fine, thanks, I work for a living. Again, you are a DIPSHIT if you think that people dont like this POS because of the fee. If it was good I'd pay $50 or more easy, but I wont pay a dime for trash.

As far as WHY I am supposedly paying this fee, I understand damn well, thanks again brainiac. So let me get your opinion, is it for the completely overworked servers? No, at least those are UP. Maybe its for the other servers, the DOWN ones? DUH.

PS has lots of low points, and lots of high points. The biggest highpoint, that most of the flamers don't like, is the teamwork one. Teamwork is crucial to doing ANYTHING in PS. If you don't work well with others, and think you can just hop in and shoot stuff to be uber, it won't work, aka flaming CS turd-posts.

Again, any dipshit that thinks she can come in a forum and automatically know what games I play and how I play them is going into an area that even Miss Cleo wouldnt venture into. Get a braincell or two. I use teamwork in MANY games I play, including any one of the many games in which I have been in clans. NEVER CS EITHER, MISS CLEO.

The game works fine. Its slow if you 'want' to wait for a capture point. Don't have to sit and drool in the corner kiddies /gasp.

The game works fine when there is no one around. As soon as you get in anything close to a *massive* fight it CPU lags to hell. As far as the captures, its pretty much Murphy's law in that if you leave, someone rehacks it, if you stay and defend you never see a soul. BORING.

As for 'being a newb and getting outgunned', well uh, you should be rank 3 before even leaving the Sanctuary. Guess you didn't visit the firing range and vehicle grounds? At rank 3 you'll have a few points to grab either medium assault + big boom gun, or medium assualt + vehicle. Thats being outgunned? Uber noob.

MR Super-dooper beta tester, guess you havent kept up with it much...you dont get ANY XP for training. Maybe you did in your precious beta but not in retail. Again, learn the facts before you open your noise hole, uber shit-for-brains.

This game is crap. I love getting certs to drive one of the tanks, only to find that I dont have ANY friggin weapons to use, all I can do is chauffeur some non-cert guy around the map so he can get kills. Woohoo. Chauffeur sim. Oh wait, thats what you call TEAMWORK. Fuck that.

$13 a month, is that all?

MAIN PC (for Soupkin)
=======
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2800
1024 Meg Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS2(2x512 in Dual Channel)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Maxtor 40 Gig 7200 RPM ATA133
Maxtor 60 Gig 7200 RPM ATA133
350W Power Supply
Windows XP Home

68. Re: MMOFPS Beta May 24, 2003, 23:44 DrEvil

lol, when in doubt call everyone that hates this trash of a game a CS freak.

67. Re: MMOFPS Beta May 24, 2003, 23:01 Proudfoot

Sounds like CRAW needs a friend or two. By both of his 'irrate' posts, he didn't have anyone to play with, and ran around trying to find something to do. Going solo doesn't work in PS.

Panick: CS freaks won't play PS. The CS/BF1942 freaks are the ones flaming it *cough* because they can't afford to pay monthly fee. Nor do they understand -why- they pay that fee.

PS has lots of low points, and lots of high points. The biggest highpoint, that most of the flamers don't like, is the teamwork one. Teamwork is crucial to doing ANYTHING in PS. If you don't work well with others, and think you can just hop in and shoot stuff to be uber, it won't work, aka flaming CS turd-posts.

The game works fine. Its slow if you 'want' to wait for a capture point. Don't have to sit and drool in the corner kiddies /gasp.

As for 'being a newb and getting outgunned', well uh, you should be rank 3 before even leaving the Sanctuary. Guess you didn't visit the firing range and vehicle grounds? At rank 3 you'll have a few points to grab either medium assault + big boom gun, or medium assualt + vehicle. Thats being outgunned? Uber noob.

The game isn't that bad. I played in beta since March, and did not go retail with it. Why? Combination of Time+Not enough content. Maybe down the line they'll add in some more meat, but the constant ping-pong capture stuff gets annoying when it only takes one person to hack a base. (I think it should take at least 2 hackers to begin a hack on a base, to nerf the newbie infil. that think they're uber for hacking an empty base...)

66. Re: MMOFPS Beta May 24, 2003, 11:55 Panick

Well, I didn't get into the beta so I was planing on buying this game, but now I think I'll pass. 98% of you hate this game a give good reasons to why.
Then there are those of you who flame them and say this game rocks by just saying it's a great game. Well cogratz, you give me a clear picture of the PS community (little immature wannabe CS kids?).

65. Re: MMOFPS Beta May 24, 2003, 04:13 [VG]Reagle

THose of you that dont like it GO BACK TO PLAYING COUNTER STRIKE. PlanetSide is a great game that is truely original.

In the FPS genre being original is difficult but this game make inroads in manyh areas. Its a great game. Ill be there.

64. Re: :O May 24, 2003, 02:30 The Mule

Variety isnt the problem with the weapons, the problem is that they all feel like a friggin BB gun and do LESS damage. Whats the problem with the weapons? Are you serious? Q: How many 20mm cannon rounds can the average human take? I know this is a game but come on, its ridiculous.

Hotspots icons dont tell you jack shit. Seriously, when I am looking at a map to pick a drop point I want to know how my teams forces are concentrated, where I can go to flank or join a main force or whatever. Hotspots dont tell you any of that info, only where one BB gun is shooting at another BB gun.

Did you join up with a squad?

Yeah...

Did you ride in a Galaxy and hot-drop over an enemy base?

Yeah...big deal, I've been doing similar since Tribes 1 and most recently in BF1942 and DC with MUCH better graphics too.

Did you bail out of a sunderer heavy transport to shoot down strafing aircraft?

Can't say I did...I guess thats one of lifes pleasures I will never know...I've shot strafing aircraft, cant say it did them much harm but then again they didnt hurt me with their 20mm BB guns either so it was usually a stalemate.

Did you cry out "MAN THE WALLS!" when your base came under sttack from enemy forces?

Actually I cried "I PAID $50 FOR THIS?!?! AND THEY WANT HOW MUCH MORE PER MONTH?!?!?"

Then I laughed

Did you fly over the front lines in your reaver and hit the enemy's armour where they least expected it with a volley of rockets?

I sure did. Not as if anyone noticed though...BB rockets?

Then I took my reaver to a base, hacked the console, and then drooled on myself in the corner for 15 minutes waiting till I could go do something else. Woo, hoo. Wee-hah. We are having fun now. So I am told....

MAIN PC (for Soupkin)
=======
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2800
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
350W Power Supply
Windows XP Home

63. Re: :O May 23, 2003, 05:40 Midnight

The weapons suck worse than Renegade.]p

Why, what's wrong with them? They seemed quite reasonable to me, a fair variety and some distinctiveness between the factions.

I hate the entire certification thing too. If I encounter anyone BUT another newb like myself then I am toast, I just cant match up the firepower.

I think it's great because all newbies atart with enough cert points to be able to pilot at least one decent vehicle or MAX suit. Within hours of starting the game I was flying reavers and using medium-assault weapons which made me a rather fomiddable force. It means everyone is able to have some decent firepower at their disposal, but advanced players have more options.

When I look at a map to choose a spawnpoint, I have ABSOLUTELY no friggin clue how many of my empire's forces are in what locations.

Bu there are the hotspot icons showing areas of conflict, I would have thought that that was information enough.

Also, the CoF thing...normally I dont care too much if its not excessive and oversimplified, unfortunately in Planetside the Cone of Fire IS excessive and oversimplified.

Seemed fine to me, I think high accuracy penalties for running/firing etc. are more condusive to distinguishing skilled players from those who only know how to point and shoot.

Some of you guys say that it was fun for a while but then it got boring. You guys are easily entertained. I dont think it was EVER fun. I almost dozed off at my keyboard

Did you join up with a squad? Did you ride in a Galaxy and hot-drop over an enemy base? Did you bail out of a sunderer heavy transport to shoot down strafing aircraft? Did you cry out "MAN THE WALLS!" when your base came under sttack from enemy forces? Did you fly over the front lines in your reaver and hit the enemy's armour where they least expected it with a volley of rockets?

Well I did, and I enjoyed it.

Having said that though I can't justify the cost. For $5 a month I'd probably buy it, but for $12 I'll just wait for Enemy Territory which has the virtue of being FREE

EDIT: for layout and grammer

This comment was edited on May 23, 06:51.

http://www.crimsondark.com

62. Re: :O May 22, 2003, 03:27 The Mule

I hate this game, will be selling it on eBay ASAP.

The weapons suck worse than Renegade.

Circles are octagons. OCTAGONS! I know there are some sacrifices to be made but still...

I hate the entire certification thing too. If I encounter anyone BUT another newb like myself then I am toast, I just cant match up the firepower.

When I look at a map to choose a spawnpoint, I have ABSOLUTELY no friggin clue how many of my empire's forces are in what locations.

Also, the CoF thing...normally I dont care too much if its not excessive and oversimplified, unfortunately in Planetside the Cone of Fire IS excessive and oversimplified.

Some of you guys say that it was fun for a while but then it got boring. You guys are easily entertained. I dont think it was EVER fun. I almost dozed off at my keyboard...that kind of thing normally makes a guy fell old (and overworked) but in this case it was sheer boredom.

I was tempted, I HAD to see for myself. Damn, I wish I had listened...

$13 a month? Rather spend it on the movie and the soda. Or drugs, booze, and women. Hell, anything but this. I MIGHT play this game if THEY paid ME around $25/hr plus health insurance.

This is my second attempt at MMOL games that are pay to play. My first was WW2OL. Complete crap. Now this. Both times I had to pay for the client software which I wouldnt even use as coasters out of embarasement.

I am going to be WAY hard pressed to try this crap out again.

{inhale....exhale....good}

MAIN PC (for Soupkin)
=======
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2800
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
350W Power Supply
Windows XP Home

61. Re: :O May 22, 2003, 00:56 Tony!!!

I want my Momma! So, what is the monthly fee for this game? I heard it was like $13. Way too much. I think it should be maybe $8! I like the game alot. Having a good squad really made the game very strategic. I find I miss playing it. And I was level 13 too.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

60. :O May 21, 2003, 20:42 Alak

So Much Hostilities on this site. Think of the children.

59. Re: dumbass May 21, 2003, 19:29 DrEvil

another great one. you're on a roll stupidass

58. dumbass May 21, 2003, 18:28 space captain

Hey fuckface, only children say noob.

Go do your homework before your mommy gets upset.

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

57. Re: stupid humans May 20, 2003, 22:59 DrEvil

"how can you comment on the "rave scene"?? If thats what you are calling it then you OBVIOUSLY have nothing to say about it in the first place. Go listen to N-sync or something."

What a devastating line that was. Nice try n00b

Edit: I will refrain from trashing planetside any further. For those that like it, have fun.

This comment was edited on May 20, 23:45.

56. Re: stupid humans May 20, 2003, 15:36 Lactose The Intolerant

I never see ppl crouch and burst fire, mostly it seems to running from cover to cover until they're close enough to circle and spray each other. If anyone does actually start crouching their going to get sniped, of course it is my opinion that anybody who starts crouch in a middle of a battlefield should die. For those idiots earlier in the thread saying the sniper rifle is an uber weapon have obviously never played the game or never tried the bolt driver.

55. stupid humans May 20, 2003, 14:37 rajajujuman

DrEvil: how can you comment on the "rave scene"?? If thats what you are calling it then you OBVIOUSLY have nothing to say about it in the first place. Go listen to N-sync or something.

74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo