Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Enter the Matrix Patch

This Atari Support Page (thanks TheMaTiC) has a newer patch for Enter the Matrix than yesterday's (story), updating Shiny's simulation simulation to version 1.52. This update offers cleaner graphics, a new "Matrix Options Screen," Alt-Tab switching has been enabled, and EAX now works properly.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

61. Re: Behold the Power of X May 23, 2003, 14:42 nin

Guess I'll be renting the cube version...I'd like to think they'll eventually fix the PC version, but I'm not holding my breath.

Supporter of the "A happy fredster is a muted fredster" fanclub.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Behold the Power of X May 23, 2003, 14:25 Alak

I got the XB version and it looks incredable on 1080i HDTV Resolution. I now have absolutely no reason to even look at the PC version. I havent encountered a bug or flaw in the game yet, and I've already completed Niobe's version on Hard. Even with like 30 full rendered guys on the screen the XBOX still glides along at 60 fps. Now thats awesome computing power. Now off to play Ghost's Story.

59. Re: Hacking May 20, 2003, 23:04 DrEvil

I second that, the pc version is horribly buggy. From what little I've seen from a friends xbox version it is alot better.

58. Re: Hacking May 19, 2003, 16:27 nin

I'd get it for the pc, but i'm not into pc games that much.

Save your cash, man...I've got the PC ver and it sucks...

57. Re: Hacking May 19, 2003, 16:11 mosart

For the console, there's a small window in the bottom right hand corner with a keyboard. You select each letter and by using your controller. So you it's a pain in the ass.

I'd get it for the pc, but i'm not into pc games that much. I guess i just like setting on the couch instead of an office chair.

56. Re: Hacking May 19, 2003, 15:57 nin

I'm new to the game, and i'm not much on computer programming. Can you help me get started hacking?

From what I saw, it looks like it's DOS based...something along the lines of:

Looking for drives (A:, C:, etc)
Looking for exe files to run...

Which makes me wonder how the hell the console folks are supposed to that...maybe a on-screen keyboard pops up? Or maybe their matrix is based on U-U-D-D-L-R-L-R-B-A!

55. Re: *sigh* May 19, 2003, 15:54 mosart

So you've done hacking on the game. Any tips besides ones and zero's. I've got it on the console, but i'm sure it's basically the same as pc. thanks

54. Re: Console versions May 19, 2003, 15:51 mosart

Yeah i've got the console version for xbox. Not the best game i've ever played, but i still enjoy it. Halo, and Jedi Outcast are still my favorite though. I have to admit I've only had limited playing time on this game, so I'm not much help if you want a review of it.

53. Re: Hacking May 19, 2003, 15:48 mosart

I'm new to the game, and i'm not much on computer programming. Can you help me get started hacking? I've found cheats, but i don't think those are quite the same as the hacking part. I'm very easy to please as far as games go, so I think this ones pretty cool. But thats just me. Thanks for your help.

52. Re: Console versions (Creston) May 18, 2003, 04:52 Zephalephelah

You forgot to sign your name "Zeph's Bitch".

51. Console versions May 18, 2003, 03:21 Creston

It seems there are very few people actually content with the PC version, did anyone by any chance get to play any of the console versions? Kinda curious to see if they are any better at all, or if Shiny just screwed up all across the board...

It's so sad that they had 4 million pre orders for what looks to be a poor movie cash in. The only way shovelware crap / pisspoor ports keep getting made is because they sell so well

Creston

50. Re: Reviewers don't seem to agree... May 17, 2003, 17:08 Ray Marden

As noted previously, it is a matter of opinion.

With regards to graphics, I am talking more about size. scope, variety, special effects, number of enemies on screen, colors used, etc.

You are right, I should have said action/adventure rather than RPG. Still, I think that the argument would be the same - the point of Serious Sam was that it would be a remake of the classic mad rush games akin to Doom. The point of Enclave is a bit more gray and, again, falls under genres that have more distinct levels of judgement.

Finding very little "pixel shaded goodness" in the game,
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24th, 2000: The day I learned that Looking Glass was to be no more.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, Half-Life (still the best), Rygar, and Raven Shield.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

49. Re: Reviewers don't seem to agree... May 17, 2003, 16:56 Zeus

With direct comparisons between Serious Sam and Enclave, 'Sam can seem to "pull ahead" by having a lower price, better graphics, being a shooter (lowered standards set by people compared to a RPG - not fair, but how it is), you are the same character throughout the whole game, you do not have to continously pay for the same weapons you had before, etc.

Get some glasses guy. Enclave has way better gfx than either Serious Sam title released so far. Wait till you get to the island level and you see the beach... all that pixel shaded goodness brought a tear to my eye.

I wouldn't class Enclave in the rpg genre either... the ability to buy different weapons is just lip service. I put it in the hack'n'slash melee genre inhabited by Rune and Blade of Darkness.

48. *sigh* May 17, 2003, 15:06 Hyatus

Okay, this game isn't worth $50, but I still thought it was
a fun game(minus the driving and sniping(which didn't work
very well). I played it just a tad before I saw the movie
and I thought it made the movie better. "72 hours...that's
how long Zion stood last time." I was like, "huh?" But
it made total sense when I saw the movie.

And the hacking code is easy. It uses 5 binary digits(1s
and 0s). It's basically the exact same thing as Master
Mind. It's random every time, btw.

There are also different logins you can use. 'freemind' and
'cowboycurtis'.

All in all I think it's a great little package deal with the
movie. It's FAR from perfect, so don't go in expecting
Matrix Payne x 10(~.^).

-Hyatus
"da da da"

47. Re: Reviewers don't seem to agree... May 17, 2003, 14:06 Ray Marden

As noted, it is a matter of opinion.

With direct comparisons between Serious Sam and Enclave, 'Sam can seem to "pull ahead" by having a lower price, better graphics, being a shooter (lowered standards set by people compared to a RPG - not fair, but how it is), you are the same character throughout the whole game, you do not have to continously pay for the same weapons you had before, etc.

Blah blah blah...I love Serious Sam, but I did finally pick up Enclave last weekend and have been having a blast with it. I still think the game should be cheaper than the $40 I paid, but I had no problem with that; I had a gift certificat to offset that and I have different price standards than most. I think that Enclave is a deeper game, but I do still think Serious Sam is a much better game for the price and genre that it is in.

Suggesting (discounted) Enclave to all my associates :),
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24th, 2000: The day I learned that Looking Glass was to be no more.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, Half-Life (still the best), Rygar, and Raven Shield.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

46. Re: Reviewers don't seem to agree... May 17, 2003, 14:04 Panick

Hey that's true, Enclave is a GREAT game. Never seen anything run so good with so good graphics. The best and only playable port.

45. Reviewers don't seem to agree... May 17, 2003, 13:48 Sarcasmo

...but a recent port I loved was Enclave. On the surface it looks like a mindless hack and slash, but the presentation, the levels, the enemies, the music, the suspense and the surprises........I just thought it was a fantastic game. A classic in my opinion. It's odd that reviewers can notice a game like Serious Sam, which just returns to the roots of kill-kill-kill FPS gameplay and does it well enough to remind people it can be fun, and then they pan a game like Enclave.

44. Update May 17, 2003, 12:54 MajorGeeks

Played it some more last night and today... Im with what many of you said previously now that I have seen it, the auto aiming and attempts at a FP mode suck horribly. The acting seems worse then I expected.. The fighting moves and tips (learning new moves, for example) are the games only redeeming quality so far. The way it loads a saved game is neat... Have not driven yet. I can play it for maybe 20-30 minutes and usually it does not hold my interest enough from there. I am starting to wish I didnt buy it now.. Too bad, this wasnt designed as a PC game, I think a first person mode with normal aiming would have gone a long way to redeeming the game. The graphics arent too bad. Only game I ever really enjoyed that was a port was Oni. I found that one fun.  
http://www.majorgeeks.com

43. Re: Hacking May 17, 2003, 12:35 WR417H

So bad. I think its a random password, but I got 10000. :S

Also, I made it to the "end" in only a few minutes. I was "Chatting with sparks". Sooooo bad... Im returning this TODAY

42. Re: Hacking May 17, 2003, 12:15 kittencool

The hacking interface is total crap. I messed around with it long enough to find out it doesn’t match the behavior of any one computer interface I’ve used. You can do “dir” to listed directories but you can’t “cd” into them. So every command has to be typed completely.

Unlocked a bunch of commands like login, view, unencrypted, etc.. So I thought I could use them to view pictures, and video files. (no good) nothing happens when I run the commands.

5 digit password for b:\tools is “11111” hell of a password.

Virtual drive password is “frozenfish” found that in one of the txt files.

As far as the game play goes, its pretty bad.. Seems more like a Matrix skinned messiah that plays even worse.

This is the last title from shiny I ever play.

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo