Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2 Trailer

IGN's Half-Life 2 Media Page now offers a link to a Half-Life 2 teaser (the link was broken for a bit after being posted, but seems to work properly now). The 11.9 MB movie is in QuickTime format. There are also Half-Life 2 Impressions on GameSpot with a detailed rundown on what they saw, concluding with: "Frankly, we were blown away by what we saw of Half-Life 2 here, and though this was a rolling demo (albeit of real-time gameplay), Valve proceeded to demonstrate the bug bait level in action, which looked just as good as in the rolling demo. Based on the 25-minute Half-Life 2 demo, we can say with reasonable certainty that this is definitely a game worth looking forward to."

View
348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

28. Why would I pick only one? May 14, 2003, 21:26 Propagandhi

We can compromise on this issue: Doom 3 and HL 2 will be sweet..

HL 2 will probably be better, but I'll still pay $2000 for a new PC and buy both

I eat pasta!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: OH MAH GAWD!! May 14, 2003, 21:25 Learning

Anybody know how much computer you'll need to make the game look and run like that?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

26. No subject May 14, 2003, 21:21 Xombie

I should have watched the HL2 movies last. Now all the other games look like crap.  
Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

25. No doubt about it... May 14, 2003, 21:09 Ray Marden

...I am in love with all things Half-Life 2 and/or Valve Software.

In a word, wow!

Having just over four months to go :),
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24th, 2000: The day I learned that Looking Glass was to be no more.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, Half-Life (still the best), Rygar, and Raven Shield.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

24. Re: Nice May 14, 2003, 21:09 Jojo BoZley

DOom 3 trailer = ok

I disagree, the DOOM trailer was completely compelling and horrifying in comparision to this. The big baddie was, uh, not so 'bad' when put up against the kickass DOOM monsters.

23. Re: OH MAH GAWD!! May 14, 2003, 21:07 Squirmer

Move over iD; Valve has your number.

22. Teaser here Bunko May 14, 2003, 20:54 Elvis

http://hl2hc.halflife.org/index.htm

I had problems at IGN too. Probably getting worldwide slammed.

21. OH MAH GAWD!! May 14, 2003, 20:52 The Half Elf

After seeling the Gamespot movie, where Gordon has a gun that levitates metal objects and throws them in the direction your facing, or when he moved a table over in front of the door to prevent the baddies from getting in (and everything on the table was shaking each time the door was attempted to be opened, or when the mini blinds were moving around after being shot, or one of the many other pyshic demostrations showed in the movie, all I can see is Half Life 2 is quite simply awesome.

Valve has been quiet for the last few years and it just goes to show that none of that time has been wasted.

Now if I could only find a site to pre-purchase a copy of what looks to be the best game of this years E3.

Doom 3? what's that?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

20. Re: Nice May 14, 2003, 20:43 SM0k3

OMG, this is BADASS!!!! I CANT WAIT...doom 3 has nothing on this judging from the teasers.

19. Re: Nice May 14, 2003, 20:43 SM0k3

18. No subject May 14, 2003, 20:34 Bunko

It breaks up after like 20 seconds because it's not finished d/l. For some reason mine kept stopping the d/l before it was done. Is the teaser avaliable anywhere else? I hit my IGN limit for the day

This comment was edited on May 14, 20:35.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22

17. Re: Nice May 14, 2003, 20:32 Ralphus

DOom 3 trailer = ok

HL2 teaser = HOLY SHIT!! THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK!!!!

I really dug the realism of the girl, awesome. Big baddie looks impressive too, like the screen shake, just need some sound!

16. Re: Nice May 14, 2003, 20:24 The dude

The facial expression and senuous lines of the maiden are very very nice...

Valve has defintely matured the image of the characters.. this game is well worth it. As was the wait I made for the original HALFLIFE

I chose the right click option.. and had no probs.. the IGN video is "GREAT!"

This comment was edited on May 14, 20:50.

-The Dude-

Vic B.

15. Re: Nice May 14, 2003, 20:14 qster

ooh yes! my is ready n waiting for these two.. exciting times!!

if duke suddenly made an appearance as well...i think i'd quite probably explode

streaming hl clip worked fine, saved one didn't.. same scratchy stuff

14. shacknews is helpful for finding links May 14, 2003, 20:12 Elvis

You can peruse the shacknews comments for a link to the alternative 30 meg version that is not fuxored at the end.

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=7511710 (NOT a direct link to the file)

that last scene - awesome.

13. Re: No subject May 14, 2003, 19:56 The dude

I downloaded the alternative 30Mb .mov from the college web site... It's fine.

now that I have the IGN movie it's fine also... so now I am going to drool a bit more

-The Dude-

Vic B.

12. No subject May 14, 2003, 19:54 Elf Shot The Food

The streaming one looks good; the characters look great, and so do the environments and physics.

11. Re: good job :) May 14, 2003, 19:45 mcsterls

Yeah HL2 looks good, Doom 3 looks good. Duke Nukem? No where to be found. I hear Gearbox took that one over, they are slapping Co-Op on.

McSterls

10. Re: No subject May 14, 2003, 19:44 Raid

Yeah i get the same problem.. like 20 sec into the vid it screches and the picture freezes

9. Re: No subject May 14, 2003, 19:44 mcsterls

Static and shit. Me too. I think that it's cutting out the download because everybody and their mom is hitting it right now.

McSterls

348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo