Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2 Trailer

IGN's Half-Life 2 Media Page now offers a link to a Half-Life 2 teaser (the link was broken for a bit after being posted, but seems to work properly now). The 11.9 MB movie is in QuickTime format. There are also Half-Life 2 Impressions on GameSpot with a detailed rundown on what they saw, concluding with: "Frankly, we were blown away by what we saw of Half-Life 2 here, and though this was a rolling demo (albeit of real-time gameplay), Valve proceeded to demonstrate the bug bait level in action, which looked just as good as in the rolling demo. Based on the 25-minute Half-Life 2 demo, we can say with reasonable certainty that this is definitely a game worth looking forward to."

View
348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

88. No subject May 15, 2003, 04:47 Bingo

Chance I am with you all the way, I am in similar boat, infact today I woke up to a serious cash flow crisis with my business It's called life, shit happens and you have to deal with it as best you can and if you have to miss out on a game for a few weeks then so be it. Stealing it is not an option for me either as I am not a thief.

Good to hear someone with some morals, hope you kid makes a full recovery.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

87. Cursing Valve May 15, 2003, 03:52 Eon

<"I wonder if other Developers are cursing Valve right now?">

:Cut to a small UK Developer:

"Woooooo! Look at that! Man, that's sooooo fucking cool! That kicks ASS! Can't WAIT to play it..."

First, last and always - we're GAMERS and then Developers.

Eon

86. Re: Dammit. May 15, 2003, 03:04 Squirmer

Creston, there are some DX2 movies on IGN. They're crappy movies though, and the game doesn't look that good. But I don't think they're representative of the final version, since even DX2 videos a lot older look better.

I'll wait for an official DX2 trailer, I think.

85. Mirror! May 15, 2003, 02:59 LV29

You can grab the Half-Life 2 (ZIP, 10 MB) and other trailers from Doupe.cz too - http://www.doupe.cz/Aktuality/AR.asp?ARI=103712&CAI=2136 - complete coverage

84. bah! May 15, 2003, 02:47 Shadow

FUCKING QUICKTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
www.shadowonline.com

--------------------
http://www.shadowonline.com

83. Re: Dammit. May 15, 2003, 02:10 Chance

If you can't afford it, do without it. I can now *if* I pick and choose, but I'm the sole support of a family of five. I teach an overload of classes and, of course, summer school to afford those little luxuries I do get. The wife is home with the kids (out of necessity) -- I have a son with major medical issues. I can look fondly back on the costs of three operations by the head of pediatric surgery at the USC Med Center... and prescription bills of $800 a month. After insurance. Some of the issues have cleared up, major medical has picked up the prescription costs (after two years of my paying it) and most of the 20% I owed after insurance on the ops is paid (and thank God for good insurance). Now, of course, my two girls have started parochial school. Just the wife's way of making sure I don't get too far ahead And I'm a teacher. We all know how much they make. A small fortune... very, very, very small fortune for the work you put in. Life comes with responsibilities. The extras are just that. I don't believe I, or any one else, has the right to steal because they can't afford a game. It's not like you'll die without it. Food and real life *are* more important. If you want it that bad, work for it, save or put it on your Christmas / birthday list and *wait* until you can get it. Legally. Have some respect for the people who worked on what you enjoy. My 2 cents.

*edit* Just posted this, looked at it... and wanted to apologize. It's too preachy. This is a game site, and that should be about *fun*. Even if we do argue about our fun a lot -- that's part of it I guess. But, it's how I feel about piracy and I won't hide it. Just ignore me and have at it, I'll get over the bad case of moral rectitude sooner or later

This comment was edited on May 15, 02:14.

82. Re: Dammit. May 15, 2003, 01:44 TimothyB

"POST 81: I've watched 7 of the nine movies from Gamespot. Two of the links didn't work. Man, When can we see the high rez videos? The game looks amazing, but the video quality is ass."

Did you try the 200mb zip download I recently posted a link to? They are better than the streaming ones and are in quicktime format.

81. Re: Dammit. May 15, 2003, 01:34 Tony!!!

I've watched 7 of the nine movies from Gamespot. Two of the links didn't work. Man, When can we see the high rez videos? The game looks amazing, but the video quality is ass.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

80. Re: Dammit. May 15, 2003, 01:23 AfroFire

A-Men Creston.

Im new to the "50 bucks!? Damn, thats a WHOLE lot of money."

79. Re: Dammit. May 15, 2003, 01:23 quazz

They already showed that they have a great SP game (a demo of some sort in a few months would be more then enough to prove it), now, what about multi-player... I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself to buy such a game that I could easily get if there isn't something good on the MP side.

ATM, it's the best of this E3 IMO. Still enough time to see more...

On the warez thing, see it this way, the amount that the game cost is the amount of money I'll have per week to feed myself. And I'd rather eat.

This comment was edited on May 15, 01:24.

78. Re: Curious May 15, 2003, 01:22  Petrol 

No we are not cursing them but giving them props... and hope we get a shot at using their tech!!!

77. Re: Dammit. May 15, 2003, 01:10 Creston

Silence Xombie, we haven't seen the Deus Ex : IW video yet

As for the 50 dollars not being a lot of money, I guess it isn't if you live with your parents and are able to lie your way into their wallet, but for some people, who live by themselves with a family, have mortgages and bills etc to pay, 50 bucks is quite a bit of money in a time when nobody seems to have any jobs available.

Not that I condone piracy, not in any way, and I HOPE Valve or whomever (well, except Microsoft) can come up with a 100% secure copy protection, but I do get kinda annoyed constantly hearing the "Geez dude, it's only 50 bucks." party line. Just be glad that to you, it's only 50 bucks. To me it's actually quite a bit more.

And yes, I've been where you are, where I also thought that it was only 50 bucks, right now I'm in that other place, so I know the view from both sides

Creston

76. Re: Not that bad... May 15, 2003, 01:04 TimothyB

They'll need to do something extraordinary to the box to show how great of a game that is inside of it. Or maybe they can package it with a full size Half-Life crowbar replica

This comment was edited on May 15, 01:06.

75. Re: Vic3K May 15, 2003, 01:01 Icewind

I have to laugh at that vic3K fellow who needs to download a 50 dollar game. Look, no offense kid, but if you can't afford a 50 dollar game, you need help. When I was a teenager, I could con my parents out of 20 bucks a week by just telling them I wanted to start eating the lunch at school, then saving the money each weekday for two weeks. If you can't find a way to get that money, either by hook or crook, you aren't very intelligent.

That is what I don't get about you game "pirates". Gaming isn't *that* expensive. You want an expensive hobby? Try model airplanes or kiting. That'll sap your bank account REAL quick.

Anyhoo...About the fellow who was talking about how he pre-orders everything...I hear you. I pre-order every game because, to tell you the honest truth, I hate not being the first one in my town who has a game. If I don't get it on day one, I'll commit Hari-Kari.

74. Re: Not that bad... May 15, 2003, 00:58 Number{9}

I think that's just the way it's been. Forget the individual and protect your self-interest? Corporations treat their employees as a faceless labor pool. Consumers don't see the individuals either in those companies either.

Not that I support piracy, but if everybody else is going to take advantage of you why follow the rules? In the long run following rules and laws just makes you the pawn of somebody else. After all, you're not the one writing those laws now are you?

Paying people for the fruits of their labors is great. It makes me shiver knowing that behind the scenes the ruthless corporate machine is at work.

I'm buying Half-Life 2 BTW. It looks great. I wonder if it'll ship as "The Game of the Year" edition.

-------------------
Ignore me!!!

73. Dammit. May 15, 2003, 00:57 Xombie

Anyone else have a problem sitting through other game movies after seeing the full 25 minutes of HL2?
Everything else seems so half-assed in comparison...

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

72. Re: No subject May 15, 2003, 00:41 Chance

And from the warez monkeys:

=-Vic3k-=
"HALF-LIFE2! man, that looks so freaking sweet. lets hope i get a job by then or i will have to download it"

Here's hoping they have the most effective anti-copying protection ever *imagined*. They offer you something like this, 5 years of their WORK... and you're going to *steal* it? There are times when I just wish I could reach out and touch someone... really HARD. Time to go play a game and frag something...

71. Re: Curious May 15, 2003, 00:32 Ray Marden

Yeah, yeah I do. I realize the pre-order is old and smelly, but I still feel sorry for the little guy. He seems happy enough sitting in limbo so I just let him hang around in the background.

Wondering if the other developers are cursing Valve :D,
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24th, 2000: The day I learned that Looking Glass was to be no more.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, Half-Life (still the best), Rygar, and Raven Shield.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

70. Re: Curious May 15, 2003, 00:32 TimothyB

I got that link from off a forum at Rage3D.com. It's mainly a ATI fan site, but it's still got really populated forums just for pc gaming and console games.

Here the thread I got the link off of. You'll even find a post with a way to watch each of the streaming videos for half-life from gamespot for free.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33685622&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

The beginings of the thead (the first page of 4) might have broken links since they were posted earley in the day. Check out the other pages for more good stuff.

Here's the link to all the topics and categories at this forum if you want to take a look at what else they have.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php?s=

69. Re: Curious May 15, 2003, 00:25 Santiago

Off-topic: Ray, do you honestly have a pre-order for DNF? Oh man, that's freakin' hilarious...Me? I'm still waiting for the next comet to come around. I got my Nikes and everything.

-----------------------------------------------------
http://nicebreakers.gotdns.com
Cry 'havoc', and let slip the dogs o' war!

-----------------------------------------------------
"Oh that's blue. He's an old navy vet that hangs around my store a lot. But don't worry about it, he's legit."

348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo