Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2 Trailer

IGN's Half-Life 2 Media Page now offers a link to a Half-Life 2 teaser (the link was broken for a bit after being posted, but seems to work properly now). The 11.9 MB movie is in QuickTime format. There are also Half-Life 2 Impressions on GameSpot with a detailed rundown on what they saw, concluding with: "Frankly, we were blown away by what we saw of Half-Life 2 here, and though this was a rolling demo (albeit of real-time gameplay), Valve proceeded to demonstrate the bug bait level in action, which looked just as good as in the rolling demo. Based on the 25-minute Half-Life 2 demo, we can say with reasonable certainty that this is definitely a game worth looking forward to."

View
348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

228. Re: Worked for me May 18, 2003, 18:17 X-Vector

Nah Faris, I saw that too.

Nice low poly legs he's got there too.

[i]We're on an express elevator to hell... going down.[/i]

We're on an express elevator to hell... going clown.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

227. Re: Worked for me May 18, 2003, 15:12 Faris

Yep, same thing here

p.s. I thought I was the only one with the impression that the fattie from the Doom 3 trailer kindda falls on his back like a stick...

226. Re: Worked for me May 18, 2003, 12:51 X-Vector

I only see demos of BF1942 and Neocron?

We're on an express elevator to hell... going clown.

225. Re: Worked for me May 18, 2003, 12:33 -=gs=-

the animation in HL2 is amazing, just watch how Barney turns around in the last few frames of the street fight scene... the openness of HL2 is awesome looking at the dried seabed/jeep scene... D3's animation looks stiff when you see the marine takedown the fat zombie... but we'll see...

btw, here's a link to the 500MB vid...

ftp.skynet.be/mirror/games/misc

probably full and don't hammer...

224. Re: Worked for me May 18, 2003, 11:13 Faris

Is there still no direct link / mirror to the 500 MB thingie? Because I'm not in the 'mood' for FilePlanet or Torrent either

223. Worked for me May 18, 2003, 10:47 Midnight

QT 5.02 and plays the FP one fine for me. File size 544,804,829 in case that might mean something.

Most of my friends are on dialup so I'm organising an evening where we're going to plug my video card into a TV and watch all the E3 trailers I've downloaded, ending with the 25min HL2 trailer. Popcorn will be provided.

Before you complain about the quality of TV screens, remember that all of these trailers are low rez anyway

http://www.crimsondark.com

222. Re: All in one May 18, 2003, 06:06 seenitall

just tried quicktime 5.1 with same result, man I hate Apple's quick time and file planet, put the two together and

thx anyway

221. Re: All in one May 18, 2003, 05:08 Chance

seenitall, it worked fine for me. Just downloaded and watched it. Quicktime 5 worked for me.

220. Re: All in one May 18, 2003, 02:55 seenitall

Did anyone else download that 500MB trailer that Tony postes and have it play correctly. I'm getting "required compressor not found". I see the first frame and the sound works but that's it.

I've re-installed quicktime 6.1 and all other qt movies play correctly. My file size on the download is 530,956,288 bytes.

219. All in one May 18, 2003, 01:46 Faris

The low res. might've had something to do with that...

Anyway, I found 11 (actually 10) trailers totalling almost 300 MB on this no-name site:

http://www.jucaushii.ro/read_news.php?nid=444

218. Re: Source Engine Critique May 18, 2003, 00:58 -=gs=-

what's interesting is:
-=the scene where the soldier gets spiked by the tenticle and then smacked on the ground=-

the first "trailer" movie that came out (the 12 MB QT vid) the soldier didn't splash the water when smacked down, however on the 500MB vid he does....

This comment was edited on May 18, 01:00.

217. Re: No subject May 18, 2003, 00:13 Tony!!!

Pssst. Don't tell anyone. But here is a link to the whole thing from Fileplanet. Check it out.

http://xferoc5a.fileplanet.com/ftp1/052003/half_life_2_full_gsi.zip

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

216. No subject May 17, 2003, 22:07 Hump

So, if I've already gotten the 9 GameSpot videos, is the quality sufficiently improved to bother with this one?

overall I'd say yeah, its worth it. on the downside the full FP one is a bit too dark in spots and it also has some fool in the audience who can't resist running his mouth (sounds an awful lot like that guy that ruined that SWG vid several months ago). I kind of enjoyed Newells narration better too. On the upside it has bits that aren't shown in the Gamespot vids like the G-man close-ups and the headcrab zombies getting chopped in half by the whirlygig doohickey. Best of all you can view it practically fullscreen and not have to keep loading separate files.

I'll be viewing this thing daily until the hour the game is on shelves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing:E3 Half-Life 2 movies over and over and over...On Deck: Breed Demo (someday...) Reading: "Darwins Radio" by Greg Bear

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

215. Re: RE: #193. Re: MIRROR NEEDED May 17, 2003, 21:12 Bronco

Yelling out "Stttrrriiiddeerrrr!"

Wow.

I wonder how many other people are planning out when they need to get their hardware order together in order to have their new rig together by the end of September.

I'd hate to be their competition. They just went from being the 500# gorilla to the 2.5 ton Great White Shark.

It is easy to imagine the other developers just breaking down over that one.

Wouldn't it be cool if 3DR turned around and did the same thing around September? Release a game that is what, 5 evolutionary steps beyond HL2?

Sorry, it must be the lack of sleep that is causing me to hallucinate like this.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
??????

-TPFKAS2S

214. Re: Source Engine Critique May 17, 2003, 20:59 Term

There is a short article at (http://city17.halflife.org/art_sourceengine.php) that discusses some perceived shortcomings of Valve's Source engine.

Well, if "perceived" than only by him and to me he doesn't have much credibility. Until yesterday, this artcile spoke of the HL engine as being based on Quake II source (that portion has been changed by the author in the meantime) while everyone and his mother knows that HL is based on Quake I source. The complaint about "the worst vehicle code ever in a game" remains mysterious to me as well, I always thought that the engine had zero vehicle code in it from the start.

Anyhow, that guy just rants and rambles, he doesn't seem to have more than a slight idea of what he's talking about. We've all seen the E3 videos and know that each of his arguments has been dismantled by pure proof. If I were him, I'd feel embarrassed to the bone and would just erase this "article".

213. Re: RE: #193. Re: MIRROR NEEDED May 17, 2003, 20:33 Ray Marden

Not unless you are bored and have broadband. It looks a little nicer, but it is still not the same as the source material. The GameSpot videos are just fine for as they are.

Gearing up to halt the ever-growing Combine :o,
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24th, 2000: The day I learned that Looking Glass was to be no more.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, Half-Life (still the best), Rygar, and Raven Shield.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

212. Re: RE: #193. Re: MIRROR NEEDED May 17, 2003, 20:29 scrotty

The Fileplanet movie is still a shaky-cam movie, but it is of the entire Half-Life 2 presentation. In addition to being nearly tweny-three minutes in length, the colors are more consistent, the resolution has been increased (640x360), and it does include the verbal description of what you are seeing by a Valve employee/spokeman. -Ray

So, if I've already gotten the 9 GameSpot videos, is the quality sufficiently improved to bother with this one?

211. Scraping jaw off keyboard May 17, 2003, 20:28 Midnight

I've bee downloading movies all weekend, but the 500mb HL2 movie has hit me for six. Every fear, every concern I had about this game has been lifted and replaced by trembling expectation.

Had you asked me a month ago about Half life 2 I would have said "HL2? Could be good I guess." Now I have to say "My eyes are set on a new prospective Game of the Year"

Such a great time to be a gamer!

http://www.crimsondark.com

210. Re: RE: #193. Re: MIRROR NEEDED May 17, 2003, 20:26 Ray Marden

The Fileplanet movie is still a shaky-cam movie, but it is of the entire Half-Life 2 presentation. In addition to being nearly tweny-three minutes in length, the colors are more consistent, the resolution has been increased (640x360), and it does include the verbal description of what you are seeing by a Valve employee/spokeman.

Yelling out "Stttrrriiiddeerrrr!" :o,
Ray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24th, 2000: The day I learned that Looking Glass was to be no more.
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Enclave, Half-Life (still the best), Rygar, and Raven Shield.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

209. Re: RE: #202. Re: MIRROR NEEDED May 17, 2003, 20:21 Yakuza

Yes. Yes I did.

"But why not post another?" my subconscious must have been saying somehow in someway....yeah.

348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo