Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM III Trailer

A DOOM III trailer is apparently part of Microsoft's Xbox presentation at E3 this year, and the clip has been posted as subscriber-only content on IGN. It's not clear whether that's the original clip, but a ShakyCam(tm) version (the E3 special: shot off a monitor with a video camera) has been posted on Tiscali Games as a 2.5 MB Windows Media Player file. Though this does not serve as confirmation for the rumors that the Xbox will be the exclusive console system for the game (story), it certainly could be seen as lending support to that possibility. There are also a couple of DOOM III screenshots on The Adrenaline Vault.

View
348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

348. Re: OMG!!! Sep 4, 2009, 15:53 johnashleys

Excellent snippage, Xombie. Yet another good move from you... Let me quote something you removed:

You should also realize that you are on a page with hordes of id fanboys.

This is why you come across as a troll and why people are flaming you. Not only are you using harsh words and talking like you know everything and have all the facts. You also forget that you are in a community full of id fanboys who don't take these things lightly.

If you actually have something of value to add and are not just trolling, well, you'd better prove it. Right now you are coming across as a troll feeding off the poor id fanboys at Bluesnews.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2011, 13:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

347. Re: Ugh. May 20, 2003, 14:27 The Truth

But the scariest moment has to be in Half-Life when you have to lead that indestructable moster into that arch of electricity. I swear that kicked my butt.

wait, are u talking about the big hulking thing that stomped the ground and flamed u? cos if u are, yeah he was scary but i pummeled him with everything i had until he blew up ... only found out later u could do other things with him,..

http://www.poorintern.com
- The Voices In My Fruit Loops Tell Me I'm Special -

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

346. Re: Ugh. May 20, 2003, 12:57 Wilf

My scariesy moment is in two places:

The first DOOM. My dad took me and two of my siblings to play it on his office network for the first time. Of course, we'd never seen anything like it. Anyway, we played the first episode on cooperation mode. Man, on the last level when the two Barons of Hell show up, I just about crapped my pants. Also, the Cyberdemon scared the crap out of me. I remember we got him trapped in one of those little rooms, and we'd all try to run in and get him. I swear there were 200 bodies lying outside that room before he died =)

But the scariest moment has to be in Half-Life when you have to lead that indestructable moster into that arch of electricity. I swear that kicked my butt.
DOOM was pretty special in Co-op mode.
I used to prefer the intricate levels myself.
There was one level where the 2 barons emerged by a pentagram on the floor. A pit on either side spilled out a few cacos and basically it was HELL!
I think there'll be a few more moments like that in DOOM3.

Half-life was nasty around that tri-tentacled thing.

345. Re: Ugh. May 20, 2003, 12:31 PsycSui

My scariesy moment is in two places:

The first DOOM. My dad took me and two of my siblings to play it on his office network for the first time. Of course, we'd never seen anything like it. Anyway, we played the first episode on cooperation mode. Man, on the last level when the two Barons of Hell show up, I just about crapped my pants. Also, the Cyberdemon scared the crap out of me. I remember we got him trapped in one of those little rooms, and we'd all try to run in and get him. I swear there were 200 bodies lying outside that room before he died =)

344. Re: Ugh. May 20, 2003, 11:02 hkm

Have I ever attempted to insult the people I'm arguing with simply for disagreeing with me? No. Have I ever attempted to make my arguments personal in any way? No.

Am I failing to make myself clear? I know English isn't my first language, but I've tried to put this in several different ways now: It is not that you attack people directly as such, but you come across as a snotty snob with an inflated ego who tries to impose his opinion on everyone else because he appears to think that he is so much better and his opinion is so much more informed than everyone else's.

While you haven't insulted that many people directly, the way you write has come across in a bad way to many here.

So, again, several people have pointed out that you come across as a know-it-all who basically steps on everyone's toes from his high ground. When several people think this, do you still think that you are doing nothing wrong?

Hey, can't be you can it? It must be everyone else who is simply insane or not very intelligent. Right?

And I must say that I am not surprised that you didn't respond to Hiroaki Zeta's post. After all, you seem to be looking for the easy matches, not the ones that show you how illogical your rants are.

This comment was edited on May 20, 11:03.

343. Re: my 2 cents... May 20, 2003, 08:20 Wilf

id doesn't make games anymore. The make game engines. Other companies license it and make good games out of it.

The entire Doom franchise was fast paced action, multiplayer fps frenzy. Now they changed gears to the single player which come to find out is going to be pretty short.... yada yada yada
Utter rubbish.

Doom multiplayer was largely played over flakey office networks and it could never have been described as multiplayer fps frenzy.
Doom's single player was inspirational but frightfully short.
Only with the addition of the mod/map community did it become anything other than a one-night game.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that the same could not be said for Doom3. It's all moved on from DEU mind you!

This comment was edited on May 20, 08:21.

342. Re: my 2 cents... May 20, 2003, 07:28 eXode

OMG Unreal 1 is such an underrated game (or atlest i feels like its underrated) imho it was one of the best SP game experiences I ever had. and YES!!! that bloody hallway where the lights went out, god knows i almost shat myself first time i played that part :X also the ending levels 'extreme dark' total darkness with only that search-light and those glowing skaarj, creepy as hell. many fine moments with Unreal 1 (Unreal 2 was sucha disappointment in comparison :()

341. my 2 cents... May 20, 2003, 06:41 The Half Elf

id doesn't make games anymore. The make game engines. Other companies license it and make good games out of it.

The entire Doom franchise was fast paced action, multiplayer fps frenzy. Now they changed gears to the single player which come to find out is going to be pretty short.
"But while the technology and game design have long been complete, the pressure is on for id's 18-person team to finish the game this year and deliver the sort of deep, atmospheric single-player experience we've only seen hints of in the game's few public appearances over the last two years." is from gamespot's QA session http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/preview_6026019.html .

And really is this Doom3? or is it really 4 or 4.5? If it's not a continuance of the original story from 1 or 2, why not just call it Doom Rebirth or something. Ya think they have a battle going on with Jedi Knight for number of diffrent titles.

Don't get me wrong, from a technical standpoint Doom/Quake Games have been excellent from an Engine Standpoint, but as for id making decent games? well they are decent, but never been really good.

And I don't know about anyone else, but the 2 biggest moments being scared to death in a computer game haven't been from the Doom Series. First one was the hallway in Unreal where the lights systematically went out, and the other is from playing Aliens vs Predator 1.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

340. Re: I've noticed... May 20, 2003, 00:25 Tony!!!

...and if Xombie ever says something that doesn't make himself look good, he real fast with the delete key.

Now, with that out of the way. When is Nvidia's new card comming out?

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

339. I've noticed... May 19, 2003, 21:54 scaryboy

...that Xombie rarely responds to anything that he can't defend appropriately... i.e. he chooses his battles so that he comes out looking as good (snooty?) as possible. Chance and Hiroki are making clear, intelligent arguments, but "WHOOPS! *looks at watch* Sorry, I stopped debating [yeah right] about Doom 3 200 posts ago. Read what I already wrote, I won't feed the trolls, see ya..."

Anyway, id has never failed to put out extremely polished, fun games, and I feel they've innovated with pretty much every game they've made. To me, "innovative gameplay" does not necessarily mean that the levels are non-linear; that you have a choice to give the guard a wedgie and run by him rather than blast him with a shotgun. Doom 3 looks like a different experience from anything out there, from seeing the trailers. It does NOT look like Resident Evil, although it does look like there will be some very tense moments and undoubtedly some parts that are set up to scare you. I think id does a good job of buckling down and focusing on one particular type of game, and making it as polished as possible. They don't try and throw in the kitchen sink if it's not going to improve the core game. I am eagerly awaiting its arrival (although I probably won't be able to play it for a while because of the crappiness of my system). If it makes me an id fanboy because I have confidence in Carmack and his team to put out another good game, then call me an id fanboy.

338. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 19:35 PsycSui

poop.

Last word belongs to me.

337. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 18:12 Hiroaki Zeta

"Read the last line."

Indeed, that would make it my second time through now. I don't see how that line, or any of the post makes mine "late".

336. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 17:58 seenitall

would it be considered trolling if I posted here just so I could get in the last word...

and would it technically be the last word since I'm not really involved in the flame war argument discussion.

these questions and many more will be answered in the next installment of The Thread That Went On Too Long

335. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 17:51 Tony!!!

Well its about time you stopped stuffing your face! Oink Oink!

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)

334. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 17:32 Xombie

Edit: I'm not going to feed the trolls anymore...

This comment was edited on May 19, 17:34.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

333. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 17:13 Panick

I think it's time for Xombie to just give up...

332. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 17:06 Tony!!!

I have not problems admitting my frequency to this web site. I've been comming here for a few years. LOL, nice touch PsycSui!

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)

331. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 14:48 PsycSui

..says the person still posting.

Circular logic. You proved his point by posting again.

330. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 12:32 Xombie

Xombie can't make himself stop.
..says the person still posting.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

329. Re: No subject May 19, 2003, 12:25 Tony!!!

Well put Hiroaki. lol. and Xombie can't make himself stop.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)

348 Replies. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo