Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New World Order Patch

This Project Three Interactive Downloads Page offers patches to upgrade various versions of New World Order to bring the first-person shooter up to version 1.41. The patches have been mirrored on 3D Gamers and Worthplaying. Here's word from Project Three: "This time we have really pulled out the stops - With patch 1.41 NWO is a lot faster, more stable, has drastically improved networking, new weapons behaviour and tweaks, added freeze-time and round-time, improved AI behaviour, server pass wording, admin login and the list just goes on and on and on! With 1.41 we also released the NWO_SAT - NWO Server Admin Tool. A windowed server launch tool that supports all NWO 1.41 features. This makes it easy to launch and monitor multiple servers to set up and arrange clan wars! As always, we will continue to add to and improve NWO further. We have many great things lined up!"

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: I really wanted to like... May 9, 2003, 22:03  Xymph 

I've read that they might release an updated demo...
That already happened a while ago:
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=40728

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: hyas Brimstone! May 9, 2003, 08:04 Shataan

STALKER...... *drool* I visit their forums every now and then. Can`t wait.

9. Re: hyas Brimstone! May 9, 2003, 00:00 Brimstone

Hey Shataan

I'm hoping Stalker has the option for iron sights. Here is a big post about on the Stalker forum.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr

8. hyas Brimstone! May 8, 2003, 23:02 Shataan

dude, how is it going? Still playing NWO eh? Hope all is cool. Have the Devs fixed the final release to at least a playable state? Say my hyas to the forum for me. :0)

This comment was edited on May 8, 23:03.

7. No subject May 8, 2003, 20:02 Hump

this game screams of termite doing just enough to fulfill a contractual obligation.

Maybe sometime in the past they intended on making a superior game but this game is criminally broken. I mean, for gods sakes, they started it when the tactical genre consisted of CS and nothing else....they couldve cleaned up big time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing: PS beta On Deck: Breed Demo Reading: Stephen Baxters "Manifold" series

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

6. Re: I really wanted to like... May 8, 2003, 19:37 Brimstone

I've read that they might release an updated demo, so maybe you'll get a less buggy experience if you try it again. The game does have bugs, but from what I've experienced nothing catistrophic.

I do think the buy system menu could be better. I'd rather something more streamlined.

5. Re: I really wanted to like... May 8, 2003, 18:55 kyleb

lol ya but it is just buggy as hell last i saw of it, buy menus are convoluted, guns stick though walls, movement is sloppy and half the buttons on the keyboard are not even bindable. great idea for a game, pitiful execution.

4. Re: I really wanted to like... May 8, 2003, 17:12 Brimstone

I disagree totally. Instead of having a money system like in CS, NWO uses a much better rank system that improves gameplay a lot. Many players in CS just save their money for a round or two to get a good weapon, just sitting back with the hope of scaviging a weapon off the ground. This sucks because you have useless teamates not engaging the enemy. Being a lone wolf in CS is rewarded.

This behaviour in NWO is worthless because of the rank system. You can't save up rank points so you better stick with your teamates. Points are rewarded for damage done to an enemy, and you lose points for the damage done to you. This improves another bad aspect of CS: campers. While camping is a part of any game NWO doesn't reward it anywhere near as much as CS. In CS you get all the money from killing a person even if his health is very low. So other teamates do the bulk of the damage, then a little camper just picks them off and gets all the reward. This is BS to me. The way NWO does is the right way and I hope CS 2 has a similar system.

NWO is a game for highly skilled aggressive tactical players.

The weapon cross-hair is different from CS also. The cross-hair goes transparent from frantic action. Their is still standard recoil also.

No instant death messages is something I like a lot. In CS you throw a grenade around a corner (like when you rush in Dust) then you get to know the exact number of people you killed [if any]). Not having instant death messages forces you to keep you on your toes more and creates a more tense feel while you play.

3. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 15:43 Marduk

I couldn't agree more.

2. I really wanted to like... May 8, 2003, 15:40 pay[oh]tea

...New World Order. It has a fine arsenal of weapons, OK graphics, passable sound fx... Saddly they didn't really try to do anything new or innovating with the gameplay; IE: its pretty much a straight-forward CS clone from what I saw.

1. No subject May 8, 2003, 15:15 vacs

no patch can fix this game

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo