Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide Beta

After previously offering the beta to only their paid subscribers, the PlanetSide Public Beta Client on FilePlanet is now also being made available to those with free F.P. accounts. As has been the case with similar previous promotions, a unique key generated during the download will be required to play in the beta. It is also noted that to play PlanetSide, your system needs 512 MB of RAM and an additional GB of virtual memory. In what must be some sort of a record, the file is a 1,366.5 MB download.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

58. planetside my ass... May 13, 2003, 23:04 Mr Baboon

if all of u want a good game to play go play battlefield 1942 and the mod desert combat..best damn game and mod in world (compares with cs to me) and it dont cost anything to play online.....u only need a sorta fast computer..so screw planetside BATTLEFIELD 1942 ROCKS  
Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. planetside my ass May 13, 2003, 23:00 Mr Baboon

if all of u want a good game to play go play battlefield 1942 and the mod desert combat..best damn game and mod in world (compares with cs to me) and it dont cost anything to play online.....u only need a sorta fast computer..so screw planetside BATTLEFIELD 1942 ROCKS  
Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

56. Re: No subject May 13, 2003, 19:06 Flux

Just wait till you've downloaded the 1.3 gig install then waited through the 3 hours of patching only to find they've taken the servers down for 12 hours or so to patch them... How can they possibly make a patch take that long to apply? Beats me..

And when I finally played I hated it.. I tried really hard to like it but i couldn't find one thing to like about it, I never liked Tribes much either but at least it had a point, and didn't run like such a dog.

55. No subject May 13, 2003, 11:39 Khaz

Did anyone ever get in? I d/l the game, and put the key in and all that junk, but when I try to log stil, says I don't have a subscription. Any clue whats up? or just SOE being their normal moronic selves?

54. Worst install ever! May 10, 2003, 11:07 Midnight

Bah, I had planned to spend this weekend playing PS to get a feel for it, only to discover it takes the whole weekend just to install the damn game!

Download (16 hours), Extract, install, download, install, sign up for this, sign up for that, scan files, download (3 hours), install, crash to desktop, fail to recognise username/login on relaunch, give up and swear at monitor.

About as endearing as a road accident.

http://www.crimsondark.com

53. Who's in charge anyway? May 9, 2003, 17:38 GreatWurm

It sounds like Planetside is the perfect opportunity to let a huge company know what we want. If you think they've messed up, just don't buy it. (I know I won't)

"For my complete manifesto, you can wait 6 hours to (maybe) download it from Fileplanet"

52. Re: re: May 8, 2003, 19:15 Sty

I guess I was wrong. It was the subscription base that was down. It's up now. Just subscribe and then you'll be prompted for the FilePlanet CD Key you got when you downloaded the beta. You're done then.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

51. re: May 8, 2003, 17:57 bluesdude

Not worth the download, I'm warning you. If you have tribes 1 or 2, that's exactly what this game is, even made by some of the same people... with the exception that, instead of 2 base CTF, this is... gasp! 10 base CTF. Which is still basically 2 base CTF because the other bases are pretty much empty while you do your thing.

50. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 17:35 EvilGoof_Trollboy

You won't be able to subscribe until you get that confirmation email from SOE that says you're in the beta.

deep joy and rapture

49. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 15:36 Sty

Yeah that's where I am at, as well as a ton of people on the PS forums. SOE is 'supposedly' getting it all together so we all just have to sit and wait. You won't be able to subscribe until you get that confirmation email from SOE that says you're in the beta.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

48. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 13:17 Geek Lord

Downloaded the file, got the PlanetSide key after starting the installation, created a new Station account to apply to beta from scratch, get accepted, confirm. Start LaunchPad, enter Station username/password, click Sign in, "You do not have a PlanetSide subscription", click Subscribe, reenter Station username/password, click Sign in, "Please wait", "Forbidden, and 403 error". Can I get an "Ooh yeah!!" ?

47. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 12:48 EvilGoof_Trollboy

how do you go about getting them to add you Sty ? I downloaded the public beta from BilePlanet and got the key from them on installation, set up a Station account and now although I can log in I can't get any further into the game!

46. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 12:17 Sty

I have no idea what the FP code is for, it hasn't come up in the process of signing up. I'm just waiting for the confirmation email from SOE ooon beta acceptance. That's what they mean by 'you are not subscribed to PlanetSide'. You need their confirmation that they added you.

45. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 09:13 XEON

how ? the beta code comes from Sony Online not FP

"Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure"

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

44. Re: No subject May 8, 2003, 09:11 TangledThorns

Ha ha, you got owned by Gayspy.

43. No subject May 8, 2003, 08:35 XEON

@ 42 - same problem here - trying to login to beta site using the code they sent with no joy either....

"Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure"

===
B: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

P: I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

42. Re: 34 May 8, 2003, 08:20 SirOvenMitt

I can't get the thing to let me sign in I have two accounts on the web site but when I try to sign in with one of them it tells me I need to Subscribe WTF?

41. Re: 34 May 8, 2003, 06:48  Eye 

i hope you're just trolling, becuase seriously thats one dumb post. its beta, there will be no tech support. the game runs fine on the reccomended specs. i guess you dont have those and thats why it looks like ass. and the devs replay to people nearly everyday with updates and clarifications.

40. No subject May 8, 2003, 05:39 niai

Damn, the whole idea of downloading something as popular as Planetside from somewhere like fileplanet is ridiculous.

Because the only way to get good speeds is to pay, and the amount of bandwidth that fileplanet can offer is nowhere near as much as an entire group of people downloading using bittorrent. And when my dsl router crashes it means I don't have to wait an hour+ to resume my download.

39. Re: umph May 8, 2003, 05:05 M7

jeah.. i wouldn't pay 12 bucks for a basic FPS too.. but i'd pay it for Planetside...

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo