Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

AoW: Shadow Magic Announced

Gathering Announces Age of Wonder: Shadow Magic for PC is the press release announcing a third installment in Triumph Studios' fantasy strategy series, due for release this fall. Accompanying the announcement are the first two screenshots from the game, and here's a bit from the release:

Assuming the roles of mythical champions, players must make use of the dozens of new and spectacular spells available, strike allegiances wisely and take on the evil Phobius who threatens to turn this dream-like world into a living nightmare for all its inhabitants. It's a daunting task but through courage, ambition and strategic play, gamers can aspire to become the greatest sorcerer of all time and the supreme ruler of an enchanted empire.

This latest addition to the series will enable players to experience the all new and eerie Shadow World dimension and battle with races never seen before across new and diverse landscapes. Combined with the option of creating a totally unique environment with the map generator and rewriting the history of this world time and time again through the enhanced campaign editor, players are ensured a constant stream of completely new game experiences.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Cool ... May 3, 2003, 00:17 FuriousBroccoli

Yeah, I had a similar problem with my radeon 8500. To fix it I switched to software mode...looked about as good, but couldnt zoom in or out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Age of Wonder May 2, 2003, 19:50 Trackerstar

I loved age of wonders II. I kind of wish some of things that are done in age of wonders would be done in Warcraft III. but most of all I wish there would be age of wonders Lord of the Rings game. I played that latest mod that someone made of Lord of the Rings for Age of Wonders, the only thing I could not figure out how to win. Well with new installment of Age of Wonders has me thrilled because I really thought that was the last Age of Wonders would see because of all of people current interest changing in the gaming world. I guess all the good review scores really help to make another game. PCgamer gave it a 90%.

4. Re: Cool ... May 2, 2003, 17:26 aguita

Yeah, I believe they fixed that issue -- several patches have been released. I do not know what is the latest version.

3. Re: Cool ... May 2, 2003, 15:58 LordSteev

Did either of you guys have that problem in AoW 2 where the game would slow down to an unplayable crawl after a few hours?? Don't know if it was a memory leak, or what, but It shouldn't have slowed on my machine, 2.53, 512 ram, 9700 pro.

Did they ever release a patch that fixed that? I bought the game right when it came out, cause I liked the first one, and then kinda forgot about it after I ran into those slowdowns.

Thanks.

-LordSteev

Supporter of the "Unleash the Fredster!!" Fan Club

2. Re: Cool ... May 2, 2003, 14:06 FuriousBroccoli

Hopefully they will put hot seat play back into it. Definately one of the best turn based strats out there.

1. Cool ... May 2, 2003, 12:33 aguita

I really enjoyed the second one, Age of Wonders 2.. Good game. I hope they continue on their excellence.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo