Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on UT2004?

A post on PlanetUnreal (thanks the_culture) has quotes from Epic concerning future plans for the Unreal Tournament franchise, which may or may not be inspired by the recent appearance of a UT2004 pre-order page (story). Either way it sounds like we'll be learning more about this all quite soon, as reflected in the quote from Steven Polge:

We'll be announcing what's happening next with Unreal Tournament at E3. Don't worry, any new UT related products shipping in the next 18 months will be compatible with UT2003, and so will serve to extend the life of the platform your mod is built on rather than replacing it.

And a follow up from Mark Rein:

If there were going to be a UT2004 it would be fully backward compatible with 2003 so mod makers wouldn't have to worry about that. But that's all I can say for now :)

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 3, 2003, 00:05 OCed_5150

You know something... In order for me to have a little respect around here... I have to push my weight. And that is what I have done.

I really dont care if blue buries this. Because some of those that are in my UT clan have already seen this. Yes... I will have a "GOOD NIGHT" and pleasant gaming too you too.

This comment was edited on May 3, 00:07.

http://www.doom3xtreme.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 2, 2003, 23:22 Chance

OCed_5150, apparently you missed the part of my last post about public boards. Still, I've been too abrasive about my opinions. For that, I apologize.

I still wonder why you spend so much time on a game you dislike. Everybody has their own tastes in games, I just don't waste mine on games I dislike. Nor do I spend time on threads about these games trying to change the opinion of others. If that's what you enjoy, have at it. As for the "STFU". You still make me laugh. Does anybody online ever STFU when told to? Oh well, Blue will bury this thread soon and just as well. Have a good one, and I do mean that. No sarcasm this time. I'm in a better frame of mind right now and hopefully you are too. Good gaming.

26. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 2, 2003, 23:07 OCed_5150

Obviously you DIDNT get my message... I SAID to Hebrew... what part didnt you understand?

So STFU.

This comment was edited on May 2, 23:13.

25. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 2, 2003, 21:54 Chance

And my remarks WERE addressed to you. I haven't seen anybody whine louder on these boards in a while... and considering the posts lately that says a lot. Try growing up. You post on a thread about a game you admittantly don't like, spreading your opinion to hundreds of readers. You post on a public board. So can expect to get replys on said board. You want exclusivity, try e-mail or pm. As for your suggestion... lol I'm scared. As for your remarks to "Mr. Hebrew", I'm sure he'll get back to you about it. Have a good one. If you can.

24. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 2, 2003, 16:46 OCed_5150

Point? Like are you blind? Im a fan of UT... NOT the Quake 3 Arena wanna be UT2K3. This is why I added "Literally" to the end of that statement.

Hang on, let me translate this. Okay, so basically you are saying I was right, it was nice of them to provide free content for you to enjoy, but you don't think its legitimate since you have to have a means of getting that content. So either pay 3-5 dollars for a magazine with the CD, or subscribe to broadband and download it, or use a download manager over dialup. Hmmmm. Is that really so hard?Digital extremes provides free level packs loaded with new content, for FREE, whereas publishers like EA release an "expansion pack" for Battlefield 1942 that offers basically the same thing for a charge. -hebrew national

The "Digital extremes provides" is the comment I was refering to. Your use of "FREE" is incorrect. Nothing is free. We all pay for it in one way or the other.

Sorry... I WONT buy broadband from a Time / Warner monopoly nor will I WAIT for a 100 MB or larger download for missing game content. Oh... fyi, gaming mags with CD run about $7.99 USD or more.

Im I a troll? No... Im a defender of my own Good taste. And I dont give a damn what the Beatles did...

23. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 2, 2003, 16:23 OCed_5150

Um... Was I talking to you Chance? I didnt think so.

So I suggest that you shut it. My remarks were to Mr. Hebrew.

Have a nice day

This comment was edited on May 2, 16:48.

22. Re: to hebrew_national May 2, 2003, 09:13 Morgan19

As for "exercise", your opinions need exercise. They're kind of flabby.

That's the best reply I've ever heard.

m19

21. to hebrew_national May 2, 2003, 06:29 rock climber

this is also the country who support your f**** jew ass u donkeyf****.

(everyone knows jews have relations with donkeys)

--
cock climber aka rock climber

20. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 2, 2003, 02:34 hebrew_national

It's sad, but I PAID FOR and OWN a copy of UT2K3, but has collected an inch of dust due to the LACK of playing it. So, yes... I am a fan of UT, literally.

And your point is?

Ive been called a "moron" many times.
I believe that.

It was NICE of DE to proved "FREE" level packs. But when I have a DAIL UP connection and have to "BUY" a magazine with a CD to get them... then that isn't free. And neither is BROADBAND.

Hang on, let me translate this. Okay, so basically you are saying I was right, it was nice of them to provide free content for you to enjoy, but you don't think its legitimate since you have to have a means of getting that content. So either pay 3-5 dollars for a magazine with the CD, or subscribe to broadband and download it, or use a download manager over dialup. Hmmmm. Is that really so hard?

I HOPE this will give you something to MOAN about, too.

Im betting you are a troll, you can't possibly have legitimate outrage over this topic. Oh wait, this is the country who's population burned Beatles albums after the "bigger than Jesus" comment. Nevermind.

19. Re: Just a thought... May 2, 2003, 01:22 John

Wouldn't they have to release UT2K4 this year so it keeps up the naming scheme?

Well, if the pre-order page is right, then it will be released this year.

This space is available for rent

18. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 2, 2003, 00:19 Chance

OCed_5150, whine, whine whine. Go exercise your fingers and play a game you do like. Why waste your time whining about one you don't like?

You paid for yours... good at least you're not a warez kiddie. You don't like UT2k3? Good don't play it. Sell it. Give it away. Use it for a drink coaster or a frisbee. Whatever.

I'm a fan of UT. And of UT2k3. Different feel to the games, but big deal. They're both fun. I play both.

As for "exercise", your opinions need exercise. They're kind of flabby. Think next time.

And what... you're on dial up. You expect them to pay for your broadband or something? Get a download manager. Or pay for broadband. Or just quit the whining.

This is the way I deal with it. I haven't heard more moaning and whining in my life. Between the people in the UT 2004 threads and the Doom III threads... Now, about those chainsaw whiners in that Doom III thread... *sigh*

I'm probably too irritated, no, I am too irritated about this. This post is just the result of reading more whines than anybody should have to... and that's with NOT reading the comments about the games I don't like.

Have a nice day

17. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 1, 2003, 23:09 OCed_5150

its funny, i like ut2k3 but dont own it. so im not a fanboy. -hebrew_national

It's sad, but I PAID FOR and OWN a copy of UT2K3, but has collected an inch of dust due to the LACK of playing it. So, yes... I am a fan of UT, literally.

Ive been called a "moron" many times. But what is MOST pathetic is what EPIC did in UT2K3 that most die hard fans of the original UT are not going to stand for another LAME version. YES... let EPIC de-activate my copy... Puuuuleeese.

I'll excercise MY opinions right here. Pretty much like the ramblings that you posted. Nobody forced you to put them here either.

It was NICE of DE to proved "FREE" level packs. But when I have a DAIL UP connection and have to "BUY" a magazine with a CD to get them... then that isn't free. And neither is BROADBAND.

So this is the way I will deal with it.

I HOPE this will give you something to MOAN about, too.

This comment was edited on May 1, 23:58.

16. Just a thought... May 1, 2003, 22:47 ThrillHo

Wouldn't they have to release UT2K4 this year so it keeps up the naming scheme?

I wonder what they could possibly add to this that would compel people to fork over the dough.

ThrillHo_
What did I expect from the man who brought civilization to a screeching halt?

15. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 1, 2003, 21:52 Lactose The Intolerant

Well actually I only own the original UT, but I can guarantee if Epic does not try to advance their game this time around they will get reamed by reviewers and gamers.

14. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 1, 2003, 18:26 hebrew_national

its funny, i like ut2k3 but dont own it. so im not a fanboy.

but i have to say, you guys are morons. you find the most pathetic, lame things to complain about. what the hell have they announced, they are going to de-activate your copy of ut2k3 or something?

Excercise your opinion by NOT BUYING it if you dont like it. Nobody is forcing you to buy unreal tournament 2004. Therefore, it can only be a PLUS. That means, its there if you want to enjoy it. If you just bought a computer and wanted a fresh new FPS, there you have it. If you already have unreal tournament 2003 and enjoy it just fine, you can say "thanks but no thanks".

UT2003 and its developers have provided more than enough to the community. Digital extremes provides free level packs loaded with new content, for FREE, whereas publishers like EA release an "expansion pack" for Battlefield 1942 that offers basically the same thing for a charge.

So the way I see it, you whiners dont have a leg to stand on.

And find something REAL to moan about.

13. Admit it: Response May 1, 2003, 18:23 Zar

Aw, I was just playing devil's advocate to see what people would say.

I didn't have a big problem with Team Arena, and I don't have a big problem with UT2K4 either. It should be priced right, but I say more power to them.

I do remember a huge hew and cry about Team Arena, though, and that it should have been free.

12. Re: Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 1, 2003, 16:30 Lactose The Intolerant

Well as long as they try to make an actual seqeul this time I'm fine with it.

"Hey guys how about we don't update anything except for the graphics and ONE new playmode, and oh yeah we'll take out the best playmode assault"

Well if gamers will put up with that crap I'm sure UT2K4 will be very successful.

11. Wait Wait Wait.... 2 words on Ut2K4! May 1, 2003, 16:08 OCed_5150

Ooooooooh no.

OR... I could have said " OH BABY! YES YES YEees... aaaaaahh screw it!"
This comment was edited on May 1, 16:11.

10. Re: Admit it... May 1, 2003, 15:33 Schnapple

I wonder if it'll be like a Windows upgrade - like a $20 one you can upgrade to or a $50 one to buy outright?  
Schnapple

http://www.schnapple.com/

9. Re: Admit it May 1, 2003, 15:08 Ratty

Yeah, I kinda have UT out of my system now too. Who cares?

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo