Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Oh joy! MrsBlue came home yesterday with a favorite harbinger of the warmer months: Girl Scout cookies! Our silly Samoa experimentation behind us (apologies to John Cash), we are again fully in Thin Mint mode. I think we're going to have to start buying a couple of extra boxes a year though, as every year there seem to be one or two fewer cookies in each box... I'm concerned it won't be long before they are selling these individually.

Stories of the Day: Eat Your Words - A guide to Menu English. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Wild Science: Live Worms Found in Shuttle Debris. Thanks Ant.
Weird Science: Boy 'pregnant' with twin brother. Thanks Laughing Jesus.
Auction of the Day: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. Thanks SlayerAODsk.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 3, 2003, 14:38 Pedle Zelnip

Ironically, you can get 4 decent Strats for the price of a Paul Custom.

Okay, poor choice of an analogous guitar, but hey, I don't play and the Fender Strat is about the only other guitar I know.

PZ
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Reading: Bertrand Russell's "The Problems of Philosophy" -- Last Read: Mike Godwin's "Cyber Rights"

PZ
------------
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: IP's May 3, 2003, 08:40  Xymph 

It did for anonymous posts, but anonymous posting was disabled some time ago.

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/

-- Frans

32. IP's May 2, 2003, 22:31 kjackie

Hi, sorry if this is a bit off topic, but didn't this messageboard used to show partial IP's? or was that somewhere else? thanks.

31. Re: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 2, 2003, 06:45 Armengar

thats because real men buy Gibson Standards.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

30. Re: I need help.. (not the psychiatric kind) May 2, 2003, 02:08 Dr.Del

"Get her a digital camera. "

Gadzuks! Why didn't I think of that! That is a GREAT idea! Thanks!

She applied 1.5 years ago.. she did her Bachelor's and now finished her Teacher's COllege, and she scored second in the physical among women! And she is 26 (older than a lot of candidates).. so all these things worked in her favour... she thinks she will be heading to Regina July 1st! I am so proud of her!!!

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

29. Re: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 2, 2003, 00:09 Some Dude

As opposed to what? The Intel Fender Stratocaster that, while more expensive and poorer value, offers newbie friendlyness and excellent compatibility?

Ironically, you can get 4 decent Strats for the price of a Paul Custom.

28. Re: I need help.. (not the psychiatric kind) May 2, 2003, 00:00 c r i s p y

because I am so damn uncreative (is that a word) I need some help.. my girlfriend graduated from Teacher's College.. and I can't think of a decent present to buy her for it... a watch, ring, jewlery is kinda boring... I was thikning of something like a DVD player, but she probably won't use it.. she has a TV.. she has a l33t computer (courtesy of me)... got any ideas?].
Get her a digital camera.

.. she got into RCMP (federal police for Canada aka a Mountie) .. so I was thinking about maybe getting her something for her RCMP training..

Cool, this is also what I'm working towards. How long did it take her to complete the application process?

This comment was edited on May 2, 00:03.

---
Chris.

27. Re: Boy 'pregnant' with twin brother. May 1, 2003, 20:38 WarPig

The last book that Stephen King wrote that I really enjoyed was The Tommynockers. The Langoliers was pretty good as well. I liked seeing Balki in the TV movie the did of that one.

I don't know if King has lost it or I just grew out of his stuff.

I've enjoyed his last few books quite a bit. I thought Dreamcatcher was very good and feel that Hearts in Atlantis might be the best thing he's ever written.

-----------------------------------------
Of course I could be wrong... but really, what are the chances of that happening twice?

GO SEAHAWKS!

26. Re: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 1, 2003, 19:51 Pedle Zelnip

You will however have to edit the registry to make the guitar recognize both pickups, then install some custom drivers for the bridge hardware (har har, get it? Oh, never mind)

As opposed to what? The Intel Fender Stratocaster that, while more expensive and poorer value, offers newbie friendlyness and excellent compatibility?

PZ
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Reading: Bertrand Russell's "The Problems of Philosophy" -- Last Read: Mike Godwin's "Cyber Rights"

PZ
------------

25. Cookies... the Girl Scout Kind May 1, 2003, 16:18 OCed_5150

You know... I got 4 boxes 2 weeks ago. I finished them off in like 5 days.

Now I feel so guilty.

http://www.doom3xtreme.com

24. Re: I need help.. (not the psychiatric kind) May 1, 2003, 15:45 fredrickson

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 1, 21:04.

23. I need help.. (not the psychiatric kind) May 1, 2003, 15:27 Dr.Del

because I am so damn uncreative (is that a word) I need some help.. my girlfriend graduated from Teacher's College.. and I can't think of a decent present to buy her for it... a watch, ring, jewlery is kinda boring... I was thikning of something like a DVD player, but she probably won't use it.. she has a TV.. she has a l33t computer (courtesy of me)... got any ideas?

.. she got into RCMP (federal police for Canada aka a Mountie) .. so I was thinking about maybe getting her something for her RCMP training..

if worse comes to worse.. I think I may just have to buy her some parfumage and take her out to dinnerage...

- Dr.Del

- DrDel

22. Re: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 1, 2003, 14:38 Some Dude

It's a Les Paul Custom so I'm sure it plays just fine. You will however have to edit the registry to make the guitar recognize both pickups, then install some custom drivers for the bridge hardware (har har, get it? Oh, never mind)

My issue is with that hideous color. To put such a finish on an LP should constitute some kind of war crime.

21. What is wrong with you people? May 1, 2003, 14:29 Santiago

Samoas are clearly the superior product. All other cookies are *clearly* no more than poorly made, dirty Samoa wanna-bes. This is a fact. Look it up in the Bible.

-----------------------------------------------------
Cry 'havoc', and let slip the dogs o' war!

-----------------------------------------------------
"Oh that's blue. He's an old navy vet that hangs around my store a lot. But don't worry about it, he's legit."

20. Worms May 1, 2003, 13:55 Todd

The prescence of live worms in the shuttle debris merely confirms what we've all suspected - The Many obviously took over the shuttle and caused its crew to become hybrids. I wonder if SHODAN had any role here..

19. girl sprout cookies May 1, 2003, 13:38 tempus

huh, i think they just finished selling girl sprout cookies here several weeks ago, but i couldn't tell ya for certain, everything kinda blurs into on for me (ADD.)

Think mints are best when kept in a freezer then eaten

But my favorites are dosido's which are now called peanut butter cookies or some crap like that. well, atleast here thats what they are called. You can also call them nutter butters

http://www.excelbydesign.net/tempus

Point winamp to http://tempustemper.no-ip.org:8000
or don't....

18. Re: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 1, 2003, 13:14 c r i s p y

It probably plays like crap, being that it has the AMD label on it.

Oh it probably plays alright, just really, REALLY hot.

---
Chris.

17. Re: Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 1, 2003, 13:08 ExcessDan

there's an educated assumption

"The" Dan
Intel 486SX, Trident video, 8MB RAM, 14" Generic Monitor, 100 MB HDD, Windows 3.11
Say NO to LOLi LOLersons

ExcessDan

16. Custom AMD Opteron Gibson Guitar. May 1, 2003, 12:36 [SPZ]SPANKER

It probably plays like crap, being that it has the AMD label on it.

15. Re: No subject May 1, 2003, 12:10 Stin

Yeah, I was gonna say I've had them for months now...Maybe Mrs. Blue is holding out on him?]

That and the suspiciously lower number of cookies in each box, hmm?

--
Stin

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo