Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TRINITY Lives

Activision and Gray Matter Studios Are Set to Bring Out the Big Guns With the Announcement of TRINITY (thanks Frans) is the press release announcing plans for a PC and Xbox first-person action game, due for release sometime next year. Many will recognize that title as the pet-name John Carmack gave to the project that eventually was morphed into Quake III Arena, but there is no indication that this is connected with that, though the game is being published by Activision, and the PC version is being programmed by id Software collaborator Gray Matter Studios. Here's a bit on the Matrix-style super-powered character that the player will portray:

As the "Nightstalker," players possess an incredible array of enhanced bio-technical and neurological abilities including special "Flash" powers that enable the character to jump, run and fight with inhuman speed and skill. Additionally, "FlashTime" adds another layer to the action by allowing the character to perform superhuman feats of acrobatics to evade foes or unleash devastating attacks. Additionally, a deadly assortment of weapons including pistols, machine guns, grenade launchers, shot-guns and sniper rifles will be on-hand to help players to turn the tide against overwhelming hostile forces.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. SCREENS Apr 26, 2003, 10:53 World war 3

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?fromint=1&channel_id=73&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxbox%26genre%3Dfirst-per&object_id=552313&submit.x=90&submit.y=11

_______________________ __ _

» http://www.worldwar3.cjb.net « Updated December 25th

» http://www.worldwar3.cjb.net « Updated April 17th 2009
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: a link to Joe Eigo's site Apr 25, 2003, 23:18 Pete

that was some crazy shit. if i could do half the flips he could, i could probably do like 20 types of flips.

Doin' it Big

21. Re: Hump Apr 25, 2003, 22:50 Rseman

I hate the idea of "me too" but that was absolutely hysterical, Hump:)

20. Re: Well done Hump... Apr 25, 2003, 20:48 LordSteev

I second the motion!! Thanks Hump, for the ROFL!

-LordSteev

Supporter of the "Unleash the Fredster!!" Fan Club

19. Well done Hump... Apr 25, 2003, 20:40 all4naught

You owe me exactly $1.50 for the beer that I shot out my nose and spilled while reading your post.

18. Re: a link to Joe Eigo's site Apr 25, 2003, 20:39 Zadillo

Probably.... it doesn't seem to be a really popular location for a lot of games.... although wasn't one of the Gabriel Knight adventure games set in New Orleans?

17. a link to Joe Eigo's site Apr 25, 2003, 19:41 Elvis

who may be doing motion capture for this game http://www.joeeigo.com/multilevelmoves/index.html
click on movies. the man can MOVE!(saw on shacknews)

and. . .New Orleans?! Will this mark the first time that city has seen the light of day in an FPS?

16. Sorry Apr 25, 2003, 19:20 Aven

My bad.
This comment was edited on Apr 25, 19:23.

15. Re: No... Apr 25, 2003, 18:04  Blue 

Actually, Trinity was supposed to come "after" Quake3. When Q2 was released, they set up two teams: One to take Q2's net code and combine it with the portion of the Trinity which was completed, the other team to finish Trinity...

Nope...

http://www.bluesnews.com/archives/march98-1.html

The Old Plan:

The rest of the team works on an aggressive Quake 2 expansion pack while Brian and I develop tools and code for the entirely new Trinity generation project to begin after the mission pack ships.

The New Plan:

Expand the mission pack into a complete game, and merge together a completely new graphics engine with the quake 2 game / client / server framework, giving us Quake 3.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

14. Only id... Apr 25, 2003, 18:03 Marduk

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 25, 18:08.

13. No... Apr 25, 2003, 17:06 Aven

Actually, Trinity was supposed to come "after" Quake3. When Q2 was released, they set up two teams: One to take Q2's net code and combine it with the portion of the Trinity which was completed, the other team to finish Trinity... I thought Trinity ended up being Doom3... The more games the merrier, though.

12. Steady now.... Apr 25, 2003, 17:00 Lactose The Intolerant

Don't be too harsh guys it still might be a good game.

11. Text Adventure..... Apr 25, 2003, 16:29 Zadillo

Hrmm, when I saw the headline and then Activision, I immediately jumped to the thought that this was going to be a new game based on the Infocom text-adventure Trinity.... but I guess not...:)

10. Re: I *heart* Activision Apr 25, 2003, 16:29 anon@24.76

hehe
Firstperson Action Game

9. I *heart* Activision Apr 25, 2003, 16:19 Nonicknameforme

No other company can rip off so many other movies and games in one production than activision. That alone is impressive.

"I'm too much of a narcisist to really hate stupid people."

8. Additionally Apr 25, 2003, 16:05 The Truth

additionally this will be great. additionally it will have loadsa guns. additionally u can kill baddies. additionally we need to fire our press blurb person.

http://www.poorintern.com
- The Voices In My Fruit Loops Tell Me I'm Special -

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

7. *snore* mutter...mutter Apr 25, 2003, 15:59 ^mortis^

I liked it better when they called it Max Payne.
"FlashTime"...err, ok chief.

^M^

6. Re: The Trinity? Apr 25, 2003, 15:58 seenitall

I know that there are trends in gaming but this is the most shameless rip of another game/movie I've ever seen.

5. The Trinity? Apr 25, 2003, 15:34 Hump

"See the Father, Son & Holy Ghost take on a assortment of baddies using super-human abilities that will be unique to each character.. sit in awe of the Holy Ghost at you switch instantly from ground based vehicle to a deadly jet combat fighter, watch Jesus pull off combinations of kicks, punches and stealth based prowess, fear God himself as he mangles hordes of the unfathful using massive weaponary such as his quantuum based missles, explosive multi-chambered shotguns and his own bare hands with which he can rip a still-beating heart out of the chest of an Agnostic religious protester....

...its all here in the TRINITY!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing: PS beta On Deck: Breed Demo Reading: Stephen Baxters "Manifold" series

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2003, 15:27 World war 3

I assume it's done in the Doom3 engine. Hope it gets shown at this year's E3 (just like Fakk2 and EF were shown before Q3 was released).

But this is *not* that Quest game, right?

*edit*
Oh right, that's being done by Nerve (the vanilla RTCW multiplayer guys);

Secret Project

Nerve is currently crafting concepts and ideas, in collaboration with Id Software, for an as-of-yet untitled entirely new franchise. In the future, look for a multi-player, co-operative focused game using Id technology, unlike anything you've seen before.

» http://www.worldwar3.cjb.net « Updated December 25th

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 15:34.

» http://www.worldwar3.cjb.net « Updated April 17th 2009

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo