Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Final Fantasy XI Beta Sign-ups

This PlayOnline Public Beta Test Application (thanks Evangelion_2 and P. J. Reed) is "the application for the PlayOnline, Tetra Master, and FINAL FANTASY XI Public Beta test. The goal of this Public Beta process is to test connectivity to the PlayOnline network as well as give a few lucky players a sneak peak at the FINAL FANTASY XI and the PlayOnline network. To be considered for participation in the Public Beta test program, you must completely fill out and submit the online application form below." Both PC and PS2 owners are being sought to participate.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. chat with fredrickson Apr 14, 2003, 01:05 fredrickson

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 14, 14:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: PS owns, FF11 impossible Apr 14, 2003, 00:31 Merc248

ahh... thats right, the NDA :p they just removed it though, so hopefully they will let me in the open beta. ive been admitted into many closed betas before though, but i guess its because i faked my age :p

23. Re: PS owns, FF11 impossible Apr 13, 2003, 23:51 Ray Marden

Well, none of us will ultimately know until we play the game, but there have been a number of previews, screenshots, hands-on Japanese (PS2) reports, etc. There was the one technology test, too, although I cannot state with complete accuracy that it was for this version (number) of the game...

Too lazy to grab URLs for these, though :o,
Ray

------------------------------------------------------
"Reminder: Personal attacks = nono"
"Posting to pretend you are someone else is on the official no-no list too."
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
Currently playing: Emperor's Tomb (shut up), IGI 2, Raven Shield, Tenchu 3, and Wind Waker.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

22. Re: PS owns, FF11 impossible Apr 13, 2003, 23:50 anon@24.76

probably because you can not be bound by a contract, or it makes it more of a pain in the ass for them.

21. Re: PS owns, FF11 impossible Apr 13, 2003, 23:25 John

"I'm trying to become a GM for FFXI. This game looks awesome!"

How do you know? Are there any screenshots? The Official site isn't even up yet.

This space is available for rent

20. Commodore PET Apr 13, 2003, 22:56 anon@127.0.0.1

Micro Warrior, Baby! I still get shivers when I see a capital "D".

I haven't played any of the FF games. Guess I'll check this out, maybe they want some new blood. *cough*

I am not a man! I am a free number!

19. Re: PS owns, FF11 impossible Apr 13, 2003, 22:18 Merc248

gah, whats PS rated anyway? i think they are intentionally avoiding my application because im only 16 :p

18. Re: PS owns, FF11 impossible Apr 13, 2003, 20:44 Fantaz

This game should be coming out on a DVD like Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance did on PC.

I'm trying to become a GM for FFXI. This game looks awesome!

17. PS owns, FF11 impossible Apr 13, 2003, 19:43 Xard

Planetside is great, though it's only now I can tell you that it is indeed great since the NDA is over. Open beta peeps be ready, you should start getting your stuff tomorrow (monday), and that's when they patch it again and wipe all of our accounts.

I signed up for the FF-11 beta, and while I did get into exclusive PS (and I've had experience in the past with Betas) I don't really expect to do this one, because damn, Final Fantasy is popular.

16. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 19:22 Tom

Oh boy. Nostalgia thread. VIC-20 for me, ah yeah. Attack of the Mutant Camels... Gorf... FLOG!!!

15. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 19:21 Halo

I used to own a Mac performa 630

~Halo

14. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 19:04 Cyski

worse than apple classic 2 - my first game was on a dragon 32 closely followed by my friedns zx-81 (ouch i'm old)

13. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 18:48 Pete

expectingly laughing at DSR for said revelation

silently pointing out that Pete played his first computer game on a apple classic 2.

Doin' it Big

12. No subject Apr 13, 2003, 18:31 Da Stylin' Rastan

Myst MMOG? LOL, whats that, a group of people staring at a rendered slideshow?

...don't get me wrong, I loved Myst, back in those ol' Mac gaming days it was pretty impressive atmosphere.

-DSR <--expects laughter at the revelation he was a Mac user from age 5-16.

11. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 18:04 Lactose The Intolerant

5GB of free hard drive space

Wow, seems a bit excessive.

10. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 17:16 quazz

I think the PS CD could take slightly longer. I gave them my address about last wenesday. I doubt I'll get it before the end of this week. That, and they said that even if we gave our address, we had no warranty of receiving it.

No Chrome SP beta for you AFAIK, if you want to have the slightess chance of ever getting in, get a FP account. Because only the first few five hundred that got in there without a FP account will be the only one.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 17:18.

9. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2003, 17:05 Scottish Martial Arts

Eh, I still haven't gotten my PS beta CD yet. It's been over a week since I gave them my mailing address. What the hell is taking so long?

8. No subject Apr 13, 2003, 16:47 Hump

I'll swap a Planetside beta slot for a Chrome beta......any takers?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing: Red Faction 2, Desert Combat .3, Blade of Darkness, Planetside Beta On Deck: Breed Demo

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

7. Re: For the heck of it... Apr 13, 2003, 16:43 fredrickson

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 14, 07:20.

6. Re: For the heck of it... Apr 13, 2003, 16:35 EvilGoof_Trollboy

Interesting to see if Square bother to actually cater to the PC gamer this time round with an interface that's suited to PC gaming rather than a cop-out PS port. (like FFVII)

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo