Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mace Griffin's Voice Black Flagged

Vivendi Universal Games Signs Rocker Henry Rollins As Voice of Mace Griffin is the press release announcing that the former Black Flag lead singer, whose résumé also includes acting and spoken voice credits, has signed on to play the voice of Mace Griffin in the upcoming first-person shooter centered around the exploits of the futuristic bounty hunter. Vivendi's press release only mentions the console versions of Warthog's game that they will be publishing, but presumably this applies to the PC version as well. Interestingly, Crave, slated to publish the game along with EA, seems to have recently dropped off the face of the earth (here's their 404 website) and the official Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter Website only carries console logos across the bottom.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Danzig's high point Apr 9, 2003, 13:58 rajajujuman

"I turned into a martian... cant even recall my name... oh wont you tell me what the fuck is my naaaaaaaame, martian, woah oh ohh"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2003, 09:40 nin

I got into Placebo when they were touring with Stabbing Westward so WYIN is my favorite, but I appreciate their other work.

I got to see SW a few years ago (98?) when they opened for Depeche Mode in Dallas. Whoever did their sound should have been shot, since you couldn't understand a word the singer was saying. And DM sounded fine, so it wasn't the sound system...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

28. Re: placebo Apr 9, 2003, 09:34 nin

Bronco:Are you waiting as eagerly for the Tapeworm project to release something as I am?

It's more of a wait and see. I seem to remember Reznor doing a chat to promote "The Fragile" where he promised Tapeworm to be released that year. That was like 2 years ago. I did like the comment I saw awhile back where he said "Metroid Prime stole a month of my life". He's clearly an avid gamer.

I've still got Skold's first album in my collection. I didn't really like the dynamic he added to KMFDM/MDFMK. So he's hanging with Manson now, huh?

wasrad: Placebo fans in the states are a rarity I have noticed, though.

Yeah, there's not many of us. A few years ago they came through Tulsa (where I'm at), and a couple of friends of mine ended up hanging on the tour bus with them. (At the time, I'd heard of Placebo, but wasn't really into them, so I didn't make it.) The best part was one of the friends is a big T-Rex fan, and asked about the cover of "20th Century Boy" they did. Brian (Molko)'s response was something to the effect of "I'm not a big T-Rex fan, but they offered us a lot of money". I think my friend's mouth must have hit the floor...

These are the same friends who snuck into the Garbage warm-up while I was at work, and one of them got a nice picture of himself and Shirley Manson together. I'm slaving away at work, and he's macking Shirley! I was <SO> pissed...

edit: p
This comment was edited on Apr 9, 09:35.

27. Glenn Danzig Apr 9, 2003, 07:12 ExcessDan

I prefer Glenn Danzig than Henry Rollins!

"We are 138!" weee

Dan
Intel 486SX, Trident video, 8MB RAM, 14" Generic Monitor, 100 MB HDD, Windows 3.11
This comment was edited on Apr 9, 08:04.

ExcessDan

26. No subject Apr 9, 2003, 01:29 wasrad

I dont want a band who changes every album, I want a band who get better every album.

I got into Placebo when they were touring with Stabbing Westward so WYIN is my favorite, but I appreciate their other work.

Placebo fans in the states are a rarity I have noticed, though.

25. Re: placebo Apr 8, 2003, 23:30 Bronco

I'll take a band who does "something new every time out" over a band that does "the same thing over and over" any day...

I'd agree with that.

I've managed to give the new Manson a listen. This is one I'll buy as soon as it hits the shelves. I like what Skold has added to the band. I didn't like the last reinvention of this band. The latest sounds good and doesn't take itself too seriously. I don't think the album has a real mainstream hit on it. Fine by me.

Are you waiting as eagerly for the Tapeworm project to release something as I am?

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
Babble, Babble, Bitch, Bitch
Rebel, Rebel, Party, Party
Sex, sex, sex, don't forget the violence

-TPFKAS2S

24. Re: placebo Apr 8, 2003, 22:32 nin

this guy seems to have a different opinion than yours.

And yet most of the people who commented on his review like it. Check out all the comments...

I think your diehard Placebo fans view "Placebo" and "Without You I'm Nothing" as their best albums. I'm more of a casual listener, and of all 4 albums, I've skipped less tracks on Sleeping than any other (out of 12 tracks, there's only 1 I don't like). They've also added the slightest bit of an electronic sound, which also pisses of the diehard fans who want "Classic Placebo" with nothing but guitar.

Or were you just screwing with me, in an attempt to get my feathers ruffled? I've got a number of albums that either didn't sell or weren't liked by critics. Doesn't mean they're not good...everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I'll take a band who does "something new every time out" over a band that does "the same thing over and over" any day...

23. Re: placebo Apr 8, 2003, 21:30 wasrad

this guy seems to have a different opinion than yours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/rockandalt/reviews/placebo_sleeping.shtml

22. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2003, 21:16 nin

How would you compare them to Weight?
I had a really funny clip of Rollins commenting on a Marilyn Manson performance in Germany. He can be funny when he wants to be.

I like the newer stuff better. I'd say my favorite album is "Nice" followed by "Come In and Burn". I've got a remastered version of Weight, but I always had trouble getting into it.

He also did a hilarious skit called "Edie Brickell must die!".

Since we're talking about music, I've had the new Placebo album "Sleeping with Ghosts" on permanent rotation since it showed up on Saturday. Highly recommended!

21. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2003, 20:47 Bronco

Either album would be a good way to catch up and decide if it's your speed...

How would you compare them to Weight?

I had a really funny clip of Rollins commenting on a Marilyn Manson performance in Germany. He can be funny when he wants to be.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
Babble, Babble, Bitch, Bitch
Rebel, Rebel, Party, Party
Sex, sex, sex, don't forget the violence

-TPFKAS2S

20. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2003, 19:31 Hyatus

Ermmm...the Star Wars name?

-Hyatus
"da da da"

19. Stinky Apr 8, 2003, 19:01 space captain

take some pepto bismol, dude.

No one realizes until the television breaks down..."

- SUBHUMANS

18. No subject Apr 8, 2003, 18:10 wasrad

This game will be one of those games that they work 18 months on and takes 7 hours to complete and the only thing selling it is the Star Wars name(cuz they arent good enough to be orginal) and Henry Rollins voice, which I am sure the box will have big letters letting everyone know what happens to rockstars who burn out.

NEXT!

17. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2003, 16:37 nin

I gotta plea ignorance to his later solo work. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

If you can a Japanese version of "Nice" (cough- www.sirendisc.com -cough) you'll get 5 extra tracks, including "Let That Devil Out" and "Too Much Rock and Roll", which are both great.

GSGA has more of a rock feel, vs. Nice is a rock album with the slightest bit of blues throw in. I believe both albums were done with his "new" band that plays as Mother Superior when Henry's not around.

Either album would be a good way to catch up and decide if it's your speed...

16. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2003, 16:28 Hump

In fact, "Get Some Go Again" was fuckin brilliant as a sort of punk sound revival...

I gotta plea ignorance to his later solo work. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Thanks for the heads up

-Hump

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing: Desert Combat .3, Devastation, Blade of Darkness, Starscape demo, Beta testing On Deck: Red Faction 2, Breed

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

15. Re: Nice Apr 8, 2003, 16:18 nin

Always liked his work: music, spoken word, books, etc. Hell, even his cheesy movie cameos were funny just because it was him.

My favorite was "Heat". I always thought Al Pacino throwing Henry out a glass door was funny, since it should have been the other way around.

14. Nice Apr 8, 2003, 16:12 Sty

Always liked his work: music, spoken word, books, etc. Hell, even his cheesy movie cameos were funny just because it was him.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

13. Annihilate This Week... Apr 8, 2003, 16:05 OCed_5150

It's all I have to say...

http://www.doom3xtreme.com

12. hmm... Apr 8, 2003, 15:53 Hyatus

Rollins is great.
I agree about his "comedy", tho...I don't really like it.
Not my bag, I suppose.

Off the comedic stage and musically, I think he seems like
a pretty cool guy. Glad to see he's doing nerdy gamer
stuff. ~.^

-Hyatus
"da da da"

11. No subject Apr 8, 2003, 14:57 rajajujuman

Hump, I agree with you more or less on the musical angle... I prefer black flag musically speaking - but his solo stuff has the emotional content and lyrical funk that G. Ginn could never concieve. So, I dont really agree with the caricature thing - but he is seeming more bitter these days. In fact, "Get Some Go Again" was fuckin brilliant as a sort of punk sound revival... his earlier solo stuff was almost beginning to sound like metal or emo.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo