Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Invisible War Preview

Computer and Video Games' Deus Ex: Invisible War Preview (enough articles use this title to be convincing that Eidos has dispensed with the "DX2" part without telling us) is the latest look at the upcoming Deus Ex sequel in the works at ION Storm. They describe various aspects of gameplay, and supply quotes from the developers that they picked up during the demonstration of the game at ION's offices. On a related note, we've just posted three new PC screenshots from the game.

View
5. Re: What if ... Mar 26, 2003, 12:36 Ratty

But I've been so disappointed by all the sequels lately that I thought for sure would rock but ended up sucking. There's been a lot of those the last year or two. I'm becoming pessimistic. Still, your point is a comforting one. Warren has yet to produce a loser.

But I mean think about it. Those guys are REALLY pushing the envelope. They're doing things that as far as I know have never been attempted. They're making a LOT of changes to the gameplay. Now I really admire and appreciate that. If, god forbid, it does suck I would definitely forgive them. They're making it so you can get through the whole game without touching a weapon. As a stealth player I love the idea but what if it makes the game too easy or boring? Supposedly the game branches. There are areas of the game you can end up not ever seeing or experiencing based on decisions you make. Yay! The holy grail of gaming! What everybody's always wanted. But what if it doesn't work? There are gamers who are obsessed with seeing every last bit of the game, finding every secret, exploring every subplot. Will this only result in a huge frustration for them?

I'm glad they're doing everything they're doing. I'm looking forward to Specter expanding the genre and laying a path for other developers to follow. But what if it just doesn't work. That's all I'm saying. Entertain the possibility.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 12:55.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 25, 19:36 What if ... Ratty
  2. Mar 25, 20:51  Re: What if ... wasrad
  3. Mar 25, 21:19   Re: What if ... /dev/null
  4. Mar 25, 23:46  Re: What if ... Creston
>> 5. Mar 26, 12:36    Re: What if ... Ratty
  6. Mar 26, 13:04    Re: Re: What if ... nin

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo