Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New OFP: Resistance Server

When the Linux dedicated server for Operation Flashpoint Resistance was released last week (story) it was accompanied by what was described as a corresponding version 1.91 Windows dedicated server program, that was simply the previous version 1.90 all over again. It turns out there was an oversight in updating the .zip file for this download, and the Operation Flashpoint Downloads Page now does offer a new version 1.91 of the Resistance dedicated server, a 1.6 MB download, and a mirror can be found on 3D Gamers. Though described as stand-alone, this server requires data from the game CD, though it does not require the CD or a CD key to run.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: clue? Mar 25, 2003, 00:30 trog

haha, true; I suppose my point was I'm ridden with frustration at the number of developers that don't release standalone dedicated server packages so that ISPs (like us) can more easily grab their software and set up a server in two easy steps, a la Half-Life/BF1942/etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: clue? Mar 24, 2003, 23:39 MammaPJ

That's called Game of the Year Edition. Flashpoint, Red Hammer, and Resistance all in the same box for $30. Grab it!

2. Re: clue? Mar 24, 2003, 22:09 Cyfun

Dude, where you been? There are twice as many emtpy servers as there are full servers already. If anything, Codies should make a stand alone version of Resistance that costs like $35.

1. clue? Mar 24, 2003, 19:30 trog

If Codemasters would invest a bit of time into making a standalone dedicated server, maybe more people would run a server for this game and more people would be able to play it.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo