Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Horizons Preview

PC.IGN.Com's Horizons Preview offers their thoughts on Artifact Entertainment's upcoming MMORPG after getting to check it out at the Game Developer's Conference. They describe gameplay, the emphasis on tactics during combat, the importance of tradespeople, and other factors that try to set the game apart from the crowd. Included are screenshots and quotes from Artifact's Steve Bowman and Steve Escalante, though these are maddeningly all attributed to "Steve" or "one of the Steve's."

View
2. Re: It's the world, stupid... Mar 20, 2003, 12:14 aguita

Kinda funny, I thought that part of EQ was the lamest, stupidest thing about the game. I love ideas that make it more simple.

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to walk into one thousand shops or other places to find a particular shop. It's not adventure, it's stupid. The first time could be called adventure, but unless you had a great memory, you can't remember where all the shops are in all the damned towns.

The only thing that EQ really had going for it was that it was an incredible time sink, and it relied on the fact that you would make friends. Friends were the reason why you stayed. I know, I played until the high game. I made lots of high-end friends. Everyone had the same complaint, but they kept coming back to be with their friends.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 20, 09:45 It's the world, stupid... BubbleMage
>> 2. Mar 20, 12:14  Re: It's the world, stupid... aguita
  3. Mar 20, 14:17   Re: It's the world, stupid... BubbleMage
  4. Mar 20, 14:40    To each their own... BlueF
  5. Mar 20, 15:24     Re: To each their own... Pellet Puppy
  6. Mar 20, 17:54      Re: To each their own... aguita

footer

Blue's News logo