Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crouching Tiger Not PC Bound

Following this morning's announcement of progress on the PS2 and GBA versions of the games based on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (story), we asked Ubi Soft to confirm this meant all the other versions were cancelled, and their reply keeps the status of other console ports up in the air, but confirms that the PC version is off the boards. Here's the exchange:

Blue's News:
Can you confirm the cancellation of the previously announced PC, Xbox, and GameCube versions of the game?

Tyrone Miller (Ubi Soft):
No, I can not.

The PS2 and GBA versions of the game are the only ones that we currently have approval on. We will be making another announcement about other platforms once we have approval. We will not be doing a PC version.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Would this even be a good game? Mar 20, 2003, 01:00 Saba

I don't think so, there's just not that much opportunity for a good video game if this were an exact movie-to-game make such as the PS2 (or something non-PC, anyways) of LotR:TTT. There was the benefit of the marauding orcish hordes, or the Matrix (although not an exact movie-to-game make), has the benefits of the (somewhat) marauding Agent Smith hordes.

I mean, unless it were a kombat-esque fighting game (where you would never have the choice of who to be), what are they going to import as mooks (since you gotta have mooks in kung fu games!)? Ninjas? Guys in those conical rice-paddy hats (and fortune cookies for health.. yeesh)? Have Tom Clancy throw in a few Russians, Chinese, and a few nondescript folk from some other troubled place on the face of the Earth?(Read: everywhere except maybe Phukit, Thailand)

(oh, and CTHD was a great movie! :D)

(Edit: (*)? what (*)?)

Saba
This comment was edited on Mar 20, 01:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Eh... Mar 19, 2003, 21:43 Bunko

Stupid Ubi-soft assholes.

I dunno about you guys but I thought the movie was pretty good. Nice fighting scenes, good (if quirky) story.

--------------------------------------------------
Not good for ninja fights.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22

9. Arrg Mar 19, 2003, 18:31 indiv

Since I have no modern consoles, I'd have liked this game on the PC... well, if it turns out good, anyway. I think the game has potential... roaming China's beautiful countryside as Li Mu Bai, flying around and kicking ass. As a console game, it'll probably be just another standard clone, but PC games haven't been much better recently.

8. Re: Movie games Mar 19, 2003, 17:20 Schnapple

Goldeneye comes to mind as well.

Plus Star Wars games used to be (consistently) good.

Schnapple

http://members.tripod.com/schnapple99/

Schnapple

http://www.schnapple.com/

7. Movie games Mar 19, 2003, 16:39 Morgan19

Willow for the NES was pretty good.

m19

6. Re: CTHD Mar 19, 2003, 16:30 TangledThorns

I'll put it next to my other fine games based on movies like Blade, The Crow and Spawn.

5. Re: CTHD Mar 19, 2003, 16:27 Soupkin

i wont miss this game

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.

Im Soupkin.
I hope i dont have aids.
http://users.ign.com/collection/Serious_Soup)
Postal 2 sucks.

4. CTHD Mar 19, 2003, 16:09 Da Stylin' Rastan

Way to show some proactive initiative there blue! stick it to the man!......in an objective, inoffensive question....but....um.....yeah

-DSR

3. Re: Squatting Tiger, Pissing Dragon Mar 19, 2003, 15:47 ExcessDan

I hate the PS2

Dan
Intel 486SX, Trident video, 8MB RAM, 14" Generic Monitor, 100 MB HDD, Windows 3.11

ExcessDan

2. Squatting Tiger, Pissing Dragon Mar 19, 2003, 15:44 Eye 4N Eye

YES!!!...there is a GOD, ... as I only have a PC and if the game is anything like the movie then I know I won't like it.

I wonder though, if the game will be only in Manderin Chinese with subtitles?

snafu

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

1. .... Mar 19, 2003, 15:43 TangledThorns

Ohhh noooo... Whoooo caaaarrresss?

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >