Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DRANSIK Launches

Asylumsoft, Inc. announces the commercial launch of its massively multiplayer online role-playing game, DRANSIK is the press release with word that DRANSIK is complete, and this MMOG can now be downloaded from the official website for free, with the first 10 days of play likewise gratis. Here's a bit form the announcement on the game: "The commercial release version of the game, DRANSIK 1.0, is based on traditional game play features with a fresh pace of game play. The game offers more quests and monsters, magic systems, and vast lands to explore. Features to be added into the game will include a construction system, paper-dolling, and a revolutionary player-controlled government system. The game will be offered as a monthly online subscription service, and discount programs are available for longer-term subscription commitments."

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. :D Give it a try ull LOVE it Mar 19, 2003, 13:04 DaDevil

well dont miss dransiks 10 days trial for all new players...umm im a Beta tester and my name is dadevil ingame but cant play now but when i can ill get to silvest and help all new guys out ;)anyways back to the game...as i said dont throw away the 10 days trial..try it and ull love it ill promise that it has a massive area nice graphic and A LOT of skills and magics that rox hard better than any other online RPGs.so try and dont mess with cordelia(a DEV)she can be nasty with her ban stick ya know

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 19, 2003, 02:16 Chance

Somewhat high aquita, but I lurked on these boards for years (Stomped was my main site) as an occasional anon browser before the urge to post, and later register came on me. I prefer to give people the benefit of a doubt, or rope enough to hang themselves with, depending on how you look at it

23. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 19, 2003, 00:10 Halo

I like it. It's fun, and good time killer. They do need more equipment though.

~Halo

22. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 23:49 Fog

Actually you can do better than a crappy dagger. At lvl 0 forging you can try to make a small dagger! And if you dont like mining theres manny other things to do, such as farming,Wood Working / Carpentry (sounds like more your thing because you almost never fail at chopping wood)and manny other tradeskills to try.

21. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 23:02 Lactose The Intolerant

"Mining is supposed to be realistic, you cant just click annywhere an expect to start digging. This isnt a "bad interface", but a real life scenario.If you stick with forging you will start to make things; its called patients. You might wana try farming or leathercrafting.

You sound like you play diablo :-/"

Don't excuse ridiculous gameplay, sitting there looking for one spot to click that is a size of a pixel is not exactly what I would call a realistic mining operation. My whole point is the player SHOULD NOT have to go through such a absurd thing to start having fun. Really, would it been so hard to give me a crappy dagger or something for my hours of work? Bah, no lets do it again, and again, and again. Sorry this isn't a way to hook players, I will not play through days of boring crap to start having some fun, there isn't anything new in this game anyway so I'm not missing much.

20. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 22:33 Fog

BewareDAnewbie:

Mining is supposed to be realistic, you cant just click annywhere an expect to start digging. This isnt a "bad interface", but a real life scenario.If you stick with forging you will start to make things; its called patients. You might wana try farming or leathercrafting.

You sound like you play diablo :-/

19. Dransik OWNS Mar 18, 2003, 22:28 Fog

um I've been testing this game for 2 months and I love it. Its a kick *** game with killer gameplay. Try it out!

18. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 21:27 Lactose The Intolerant

I played the game in beta for a few days, I could see how it might have a niche audience, wasn't for me though. The interface can be frustrating at times, and development of any other skills beside combat is really, really, really, really DULL!! I though I would work on crafting skill, so I needed some ore (which my class specialized in). You literally park yourself against a rock and click for hours, whats even worse was since the interface was so bad that if you didn't click this exact point on the mountain nothing would happen, this is usually the part where you start pulling hair.

Then maybe once get some ore to craft you haul it to the furnace and attempt to forge something, which will most likely fail, and you get to do it all over again WOOOHOOOO!!!! Yeah, I don't want any of that innovation stuff, give me a game where you do lots of clicking.

If that sounds like you, then you'll have fun with this game.

There might be a good game in there, but I'm not willing to spend the hair pulling hours of lvling to find out.

17. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 21:04 aguita

No, I think it's great when people actually talk about the games. Just highly suspicious when a game from nowhere comes along and bam! We have another new person claiming that they really like the game.

Highly suspicious in my mind. If that person had been around for at least 3 days, I would not have said that - but the same day? When the link was not working?

Yes, I may be drawing the gun a little too fast, but you really should concede that the coincidence is extremely high.

16. Re: another hacker/slasher Mar 18, 2003, 20:59 Eraserhead

Hmm... so you're thankful for those few games that "break the mould" you've never played? You're saying these games you've haven't tried are different to the other games you may or may not have tried? And the game you've just read a press release about is the same, or not, as the games you like, or not, that you have/haven't tried?

I see. Thanks for the advice.

15. If only... Mar 18, 2003, 20:43  SamPenguin 

... *someone* would make a game outside fantasy hack and slash, something with aliens, nukes, and transforming vehicles, a game where you could blow stuff up and knock stuff over... a game where the men are men and the mutants are mutants! If only... tee hee hee!

14. another hacker/slasher Mar 18, 2003, 20:33 Tanto Edge

UO/Everquest/DAoC/Everquest/Asheron's Call/NeverwinterNights/RagnarokOnline/Everqu--
You get the picture.
Many MUDS out there do the same thing..
Cast this, slash that, get this, kill that...

I'm thankful that there are a few games out there that break this stupid mould. Neocron for one... mind you, Neocron is like SS2 online... so I hear (never played).
Anarchy Online, is apparantly good stuff, but again, I've never played.

Why do there have to be so many of these types of games though? Sure, variety is nice, selection is a definite bonus, but this is going a little over the top, doesn't anybody agree?

I would like to see a game that takes the Final Fantasy type of world and cranks it up a notch... or Rifts! What's wrong with the Rifts world? That's not over the top or anything!

Ahh, I guess the tried and tested and true is easier to sell to a publisher then say... creativity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

13. i beta tested it Mar 18, 2003, 20:11 Pete

and it smells of mediocrity
its 5 years too late

Doin' it Big

12. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 20:02 Chance

aquita, So anybody who doesn't agree with you is some kind of industry dev team troll who is only here to spam the site with propaganda... you must live an *interesting* life. When the h*ll else would anybody talk about a game here? When it's not news?

11. Re: Official Website Link Mar 18, 2003, 18:42  Blue 

Yeah, because it was given to blue as a link from inside of Hotmail. I hate hotmail.

Actually, it was in Microsoft Word... I don't hate Word, but I sure do hate it for press releases...

Anyway, the link is fixed now. Sorry about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

10. Re: Official Website Link Mar 18, 2003, 18:34 aguita

Yeah, because it was given to blue as a link from inside of Hotmail. I hate hotmail.

9. Re: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 18:33 aguita

Hrmm.. Another troller that is part of the dev team. Interesting how these people always show up to comment on how cool the game is -- the day that Blue posts the link. As a pop artist once said... "Things that make you go ... Hmmm."

8. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Mar 18, 2003, 17:50 Ye Olde Role-Player

Well, I like the game. I don't have a lot of time to play, so the lower initial investment (software is free) and lower monthly charge allow me to play this MMORPG. Another selling point for this game for me is that I don't have to upgrade my computer to the fastest, best thing on the market.

And, yes, as someone mentioned earlier it is similar to UO. However, the game has a lot of trade skills that are easy to use, gain you experience and are a lot of fun. Some aspects need work, but I think that can be said of any MMORPG. Most MMORPG's need work and they make you lay out $50 just to buy the game.

7. Re: Eh? Mar 18, 2003, 17:47 ExcessDan

you rang?

Dan
Intel 486SX, Trident video, 8MB RAM, 14" Generic Monitor, 100 MB HDD, Windows 3.11

ExcessDan

6. give me a fuckin break Mar 18, 2003, 17:09 rajajujuman

haahaha!

That shit makes me laugh... 100 identical little sprite people running around on the same screen. I bet their walking animation even has 10 frames!!

"You'll pay to know what you really think" - COS

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo