Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We've got snow on the ground, we've got rain, we've got freezing weather, so of course, we've got ice... and lots of it. Of course my last encounter with ice resulted in a twisted knee, which has been steadily feeling better, but today I find all the precipitation has made it a bit achy. Now several years ago after I had knee surgery, I was able to predict rain and such for a couple of months with a startling accuracy, which was especially cool, but had a significant downside being that the harbinger of rain wasn't some cute tingle, but outright pain. This time around it's much more of a tingle, but it also didn't start until after the rain itself was here, so while the rain warning is less intrusive, it is likewise less helpful, unless I find myself needing to determine the weather from within a room with no windows.

Play Time: Interface Escape (Flash required). Thank Sharon
Stories of the Day: Doogie Howser goes raunchy.
Today 'Spongeworthy' Once More. Thanks Mike Martinez. Think Elaine went through her stockpile by now?
Elvis Presley told to stop filing silly lawsuits. Thanks Jim Newland.
Weird Science: Better, Stronger, Faster, etc. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Wild Science: You Can't Make a Monkey Out of Us. Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: This stinks... Mar 6, 2003, 14:26 Devster

That souds option merely stops embedded WAVs, not ALL sounds emitted from IE.

oh.

Colonel Klink, why have you foresaken me?

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: This stinks... Mar 6, 2003, 08:39 Tigger

WarPig[doh],

Thanks for the update!

--
Tigger

'Got CS...gas?'

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

20. Re: Off Topic Mar 6, 2003, 07:02 Bronco

Does anyone remember how to get the medic to heal you in Half-Life Opposing Force?

It's been a long time but I think you approach them and hit whatever key you have bound to 'use' - the same button as opening doors.

-TPFKAS2S
http://www.braglio.org
How many toes does a fish have?
How many wings on a cow? I wonder, yep. I wonder!

-TPFKAS2S

19. Re: Weather prediction.. Mar 6, 2003, 04:56 quorn2002

maybe it's trying to tell you someone is in danger somewhere... 'hmm my patella sense is tingling'

18. Re: This stinks... Mar 6, 2003, 02:08 WarPig

Just to keep you up to speed Tigger:

About a week or so ago, fredrickson (or fredrickson 2.0, or fake fredrickson, or ff for short) apparently committed suicide by injecting ephedra into his eyeball. So, the person writing under the fredrickson name now is his mom... who apparently has a d***.

Now, the reason fredrickson was called a fake was because in years past there was a guy named frederickson (notice the spelling difference) who posted the same kind of, ummm, stuff - only different. Frederickson would often write long, rambling, surreal posts covering about ten different things in one paragraph length sentence that actually could be kind of amusing (imo). Fake fredrickson (errrr, I mean his mom) tries to troll these boards using abuse and sometimes racists statements that are better off left ignored.

Now apparently frederickson is back from "vacation". So, is fredrickson dead and was he really born in 1943? If so, how old is his mom? Are they all the same person? Does anybody really give a sh*t? Probably not!

-----------------------------------------
Of course I could be wrong... but really, what are the chances of that happening twice?

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 23:45 Tigger

hey blue f*** y*** *o*h*r and lick my d**** and pudding

fredrickson - didn't you promise to stop posting a while back?

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 23:47.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

16. Off Topic Mar 5, 2003, 22:32 Krazy Kat

Does anyone remember how to get the medic to heal you in Half-Life Opposing Force? I lost the manual am stumped

15. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 21:22 sponge

That souds option merely stops embedded WAVs, not ALL sounds emitted from IE.

14. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 20:31 Bronco

Darn, didn't work.

Maybe it requires a reboot to become effective? I'm gonna give that a shot.

I really don't mind it when I'm not listening to music but it can freak you out when you are in involved in a serious set of air drumming.

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

13. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 20:07 WarPig

there's an option under multimedia to "play sounds in web pages"; not sure if it might help you or not.

Darn, didn't work. I had to refresh Blue's about 10 times before the offending Willard ad popped back up and the sound was still played. Nice try though.

-----------------------------------------
Of course I could be wrong... but really, what are the chances of that happening twice?

GO SEAHAWKS!

12. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 19:34 Devster

On the advanced options tab in my iteration of IE (6? 6.02? 6 or better anyways%)) there's an option under multimedia to "play sounds in web pages"; not sure if it might help you or not. No quick toggle that I know of offhand...

Colonel Klink, why have you foresaken me?

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

11. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 19:18 Bronco

I use Mozilla and and very keen on keeping spyware off my computer with Ad Aware, and I just heard the sound effects from the ad for that god-awful Willard movie.

Ditto to the Ad Aware. I wasn't sure if it was Willard or Tremors but I knew it was a pounding sound.

Hopefully Blue can fix this but I know its not like he wants the annoying ads to be here. If its in his power to remove the annoying ads and still adequetly fund this free site I'm confident he'll do it.

I couldn't agree more. It's so annoying to be grooving to Parabola and have that pounding start up.

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

10. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 19:03 Todd

I use Mozilla and and very keen on keeping spyware off my computer with Ad Aware, and I just heard the sound effects from the ad for that god-awful Willard movie. Hopefully Blue can fix this but I know its not like he wants the annoying ads to be here. If its in his power to remove the annoying ads and still adequetly fund this free site I'm confident he'll do it.

9. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 16:59 Cholma

I use IE at work and recently upgraded from 5.01 to 6.0 SP1 and have had sound on Blue's. And I play music too. You should probably be checking for Gator or something on your system, or you have your Internet options configured wrong. I've never had a popup or sound from Blue's and I've been coming here everyday for years. (and I'm not even running any blocking software; Lord knows I get popups on other sights.)

8. Happy Birthday... Mar 5, 2003, 15:52 Bronco

http://media.hormel.com/anm/templates/spam_museum.asp?articleid=148&zoneid=24

Been around for a long time now...

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

7. Re: Play time Mar 5, 2003, 15:47 Bronco

As for the noisy pop-up thing... get Mozilla, tell it to shut off pop-ups. I never see 'em myself.

I don't mind quiet pop-ups. I want the guy to get paid, esp. considering he won't discuss funding his site any other way.

I tried Opera a while ago, I guess I'll have to give Mozilla a try. Problem is I'm comfortable with IE and don't feel a real need to change. I guess you could say I'm just plain ol' lazy.

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

6. Play time Mar 5, 2003, 15:31 anon@127.0.0.1

Pretty darn cool. Wayyyy too time consuming.

As for the noisy pop-up thing... get Mozilla, tell it to shut off pop-ups. I never see 'em myself.

I am not a man! I am a free number!

5. Re: This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 14:59 fredrickson

hey blue f*** y*** *o*h*r and lick my d**** and pudding

4. This stinks... Mar 5, 2003, 14:29 Bronco

Look, pop-up, pop-under, pop-sideways! I really don't care. Make a buck that way.

These ads that make noise rot. I listen to music while I work. I listen to the music at a very loud level.

Hearing that pounding sound whe you are not expecting it is enough to give you a heart attack.

Is there a way to turn off the sound just in your browser?

-TPFKAS2S

-TPFKAS2S

3. Weather prediction.. Mar 5, 2003, 11:59 Harpax

Since my first knee surgery healed up, I've been able to tell when the weather was going to get crappy very quickly when its been nice from the pain in the knee. My Dr. said it had to do with the titanium screws they used to anchor the repair shifting just a tad from atmospheric presure.

My latest knee surgery used plastic buttons to anchor the repair instead.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo