Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ground Control 2 Unveiled

Prepare your PC for a major Exodus is the press release from Massive Entertainment (thanks Gamer's Hell) announcing plans for Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus, a sequel to the Swedish developer's debut RTS game. The game's release is scheduled for later this year, and here is a bit from the press release about the project: "Ground Control 2 : Operation Exodus takes place during the year 2741 AD, roughly 300 years after the events in the original game. The democratic and freedom caring Northern Star Alliance (NSA) is being hard pressed by the warmongering Terran Empire. The war has recently entered a new stage; a brutal and deadly ground war, as the Empire has managed to land their first troopships on the last NSA controlled planet – Morningstar Prime." The website offers the first screenshots, concept art, and wallpapers from the game.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Bowie Feb 26, 2003, 01:54 Da Stylin' Rastan

If you need some sort of gateway to the CD, Adam Sandler's latest fromp Mr. Deeds has a parody of the song.

-DSR

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. No subject Feb 25, 2003, 23:21 pancreas

The last Craven mission wasn't so bad as long as you had the patience to use and cover your artilery, plus I brought it some fighters to get rid of those pesky bombers. Using my remaining nukes to blow up the last building was a very rewarding experience. I can remember the effects in GC were very spectacular, not as dense as in Generals but impressive nonetheless considering I only had a Voodoo Rush during that time.

The lack of an in-level saving feature did discourage me from getting the expansion, since I read it was even harder than the original. Being able to save the game not only helps ease the difficulty, but in this case it could have allowed the player to experiment with different tactics.

"Nothing livens up a robotic hymn of doom more than an amazing pair of jugs." - Brak

26. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 22:48 WarPig

Anybody who doesn't get this joke probably thinks 'Bowie' is pronounced the way Avril Lavigne prounounced it when the Grammy nominees were announced.

Let me guess... BOWie, as in "the dog goes bow-wow-wow".

-----------------------------------------
Of course I could be wrong... but really, what are the chances of that happening twice?

GO SEAHAWKS!

25. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 20:58 nin

uh and Eminem ownz j00 lol had to say it

Eminem mows my lawn on the weekends...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

24. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 19:47 ReDeeMeR

But damn, you gotta admit it looks fab, uh and Eminem ownz j00 lol had to say it

23. No subject Feb 25, 2003, 17:53 Elf Shot The Food

Anybody who doesn't get this joke probably thinks 'Bowie' is pronounced the way Avril Lavigne prounounced it when the Grammy nominees were announced.

22. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 17:43 nin

I still don't get it....

Here's a good link
http://home.swipnet.se/dbolin/text/SPACEODDITY.txt

Basically, the lyrics to an old (but great) David Bowie song are very similar to this game title.

edit: forgot the space
This comment was edited on Feb 25, 17:45.

21. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 17:42 ExcessDan

Instead of downloading your shitty Eminem mp3's check out some David Bowie. You will learn to get it dammit!

Dan
Intel 486SX, Trident video, 8MB RAM, 14" Generic Monitor, 100 MB HDD, Windows 3.11

ExcessDan

20. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 17:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Try saying it out loud to get the joke

I still don't get it....

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

19. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 16:35  Xymph 

Try saying it out loud to get the joke:
"Ground Control 2: Major Tom"
CVG used it to headline their story on the game's announcement:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=87861

-- Frans
3D Gamers admin, http://www.3dgamers.com/
This comment was edited on Feb 25, 16:35.

-- Frans

18. Weee Feb 25, 2003, 14:48 ExcessDan

http://groundcontrol2.customers.artful.net/upload/Screenshots/announcement3.jpg

Wow... I'm defnitely going to have to check this one out. Hopefully it isn't just eye candy.

Dan
Intel 486SX, Trident video, 8MB RAM, 14" Generic Monitor, 100 MB HDD, Windows 3.11
This comment was edited on Feb 25, 14:49.

ExcessDan

17. GC2 Feb 25, 2003, 13:58 Hump

I had the pleasure of beta testing GC1 abd while RTS isn't really my cup of tea, there was enough unique gameplay to keep it fun. The development team was very patient and very professional. A good time was had by all.

Looking at the screenies the graphics seem almost good enough to be a team based FPS. Too bad it won't be a hybrid a-la Battlezone/Uprising/etc

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

16. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 13:39 nin

Go to your local independent retailer and pick up David Bowie's A Space Oddity in whatever format you prefer (Still got my LP).

And pick up "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" while you're at it, preferably in the 2 cd edition that came out last fall. I listen to mostly electronic music, yet Ziggy Stardust and Lou Reed's Transformer are 2 of my favorite albums.

Go get them. Now. They'll blow your mind...

15. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 13:36 Cholma

Don't feel bad Blue, I have no idea what the heck you guys are talking about anyway...

Try saying it out loud to get the joke:
"Ground Control 2: Major Tom"

---
Cholma
"commencing countdown, engines on..."
Support Manned Exploration of Space!
Sign the petition at: http://www.nss.org/petition

14. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 13:25 Da Stylin' Rastan

Go to your local independent retailer and pick up David Bowie's A Space Oddity in whatever format you prefer (Still got my LP).

You won't regret it, that is, unless maybe you're one of those origina gangsta thugs or some nonsense

-DSR

EDIT: Forgot to close off the italics

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 13:25.

13. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 12:06 Rigs

Don't feel bad Blue, I have no idea what the heck you guys are talking about anyway...

=-Rigs-=

"Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going! We talked about peace. You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation. You didn't want cooperation. You want war! Is that it? You want a war? Well you've got a WAR!"
- John Sheridan, Babylon 5
This comment was edited on Feb 25, 12:07.

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

12. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 12:00  Blue 

Ground Control 2: Major Tom

Hmm, even with the first go 'round for that joke, I really did blow this one, huh?

I am so ashamed.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

11. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 12:00 John

I enjoyed the original as well. I didn't have a problem with the no-ingame-save thing. I didn't die enough for it to be a problem for me, but when I did die, I actually didn't mind to play over because I enjoyed it that much. There was only a couple levels on the expansion that I didn't really care for.

This space is available for rent

10. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2003, 11:37 Mad Max RW

The original game was great, but I'd wish they'd stop making sequels out of everything.

9. No subject Feb 25, 2003, 11:14 Elf Shot The Food

In-level saves, please!

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo