Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's a race in this area between the warmer weather wearing down the 5+ foot mounds of snow piled by the sides of the roads around here and the next impending storm. From the way things sound, this is all going to come together to create some serious ice conditions in these parts. It's starting to seem more and more obvious that the little rat groundhog that predicted another six weeks of winter on the 2nd was right on the money. If I get a hold of him to discuss this, I'll invite all of you for Groundhog steaks as soon as the grill appears from beneath the snow.

Link of the Day: Inflatable Church. Thanks Rodd.
Stories of the Day: UMD students eat 1,400 sliders in hunger benefit. Thanks Big Jay in Fridley.
UK workers 'denied loo breaks'. Thanks Philip Harris.
Wild Science: Robots are getting more sociable. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Comet returns after 37,000 years. Thanks [MP] Wolverine [MP].
Weird Science: Man against a Mountain. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Media of the Day: Indoorwrestling.com's Switch Ad. Thanks Matthew Apps.
Follow-up: Root of massive credit card theft found. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Insurance: Home, auto...and Segway? Thanks Jim Hendrickson.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 22, 2003, 12:31 c r i s p y

I feel so depressed. Empty. Crap man. My brain can't even function right now. Flat line. Life sucks. ............................................................................................................................................................................. I cant even breath. Bye.

I feel much the same... but have faith man, I'm sure they'll patch Splinter Cell soon and the world will be bubbley goodness once more.

---
Chris.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Duluth Feb 22, 2003, 11:33 VT Hoodlum

That wind must have really been tearing through there. I was at that canal over the summer, and the water wasn't anywhere near that high. I was also pretty surprised to see a link about Duluth; it's a pretty uneventful town. It was a little surreal after being in DC for the summer, with their headlines of a different murder every day. The Duluth evening news had a lead off story about a puppy that had been left in a car for four hours and almost overheated.

23. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 22, 2003, 04:20 Skulk

"Dogs and cats living together--mass hysteria!!"

22. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 23:31 WarPig

What's wrong Tony?

-----------------------------------------
Of course I could be wrong... but really, what are the chances of that happening twice?

GO SEAHAWKS!

21. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 22:40 Tony!!!

I feel so depressed. Empty. Crap man. My brain can't even function right now. Flat line. Life sucks. ............................................................................................................................................................................. I cant even breath. Bye.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

20. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 19:49 fredrickson

i would love to watch those 1400 students make poopoo in front of me

19. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 18:20 Heatwave

"That's great, it starts with an earthquake..."

Damn... you beat me to it...

-Heatwave
(Apologies for wasting anyones space or time with this message.)

18. Duluth Feb 21, 2003, 17:30 jeremiah

not often is Duluth, MN in the news (UMD/Slider Story)... those of you who have ever been to Duluth might find these picks interesting:

http://www.duluthshippingnews.com/waves.html

whatever i guess... thought it might interest a few...

17. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 16:40  Blue 

"That's great, it starts with an earthquake,
Birds and snakes, an airplane
Lenny Bruce is not afraid...."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

16. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 15:31 Leiawen

Not to forget the Pakistan air crash that killed their Air-Force top brass, and that massive subway fire in South Korea.

Lots of disasters week this week. Its weird.

~Leiawen

15. Re: Redwood Feb 21, 2003, 15:02 Ant

Quboid: Think of dotcoms.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

14. Groundhog steaks Feb 21, 2003, 14:35 indiv

If I get a hold of him to discuss this, I'll invite all of you for Groundhog steaks as soon as the grill appears from beneath the snow.

Hey, don't kill the messenger, Blue.

13. Inflatable church Feb 21, 2003, 13:41 Spiders

Perfect for when you decide to tie the knot with your inflatable woman.

12. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 13:06 changingman

Also... is it just me or is the world really falling apart right now. There's been 4 major events in the news over the last few days (Iranian plane crash, people trampled in that nightclub, fire in that other nightclub, this oil refinery that's now on fire). It's like a real life '24' right now.

11. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 12:13 Weas

This shows what a misnomer the "Labour Party" is. Labour Party in power and the workers can't even use the bathroom without getting docked.
Things are seriously out of whack. Corp's have too much power these days, time to reign it in.

"The poor always being fucked over by the rich. Always have been, always will be."
-King, Platoon

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 14:38.

10. Robots are getting more sociable Feb 21, 2003, 11:56 bjbgraphics

Anyone see the movie A.I.? First thing that came to mind, this article sounds like the first part of that movie.

"They hate us, you know—the humans. They made us too smart, too quick, and too many. We are suffering for their mistakes, because when the end comes, all that will be left is us."

And of course Chris Cunningham's work on Bjork's "All is full of love" video.

http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/521.html

BJB

9. Re: 1,400 sliders in hunger benefit Feb 21, 2003, 11:39 changingman

And there was me, nearly 3 months into my diet, when Blue decides to post a link about hamburgers. Curses.

I don't get to go to the toilet at all during the day at school. Indeed, the last time I went to the loo there was a "DO NOT ENTER" sign on the door as the Health and Safety people thought it best not to go in there.

8. Groundhog Steaks Feb 21, 2003, 11:19 Xombie

But what if the grill sees it's shadow?

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 11:20.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

7. Re: Loo Breaks Feb 21, 2003, 11:14 Anvil

so loo breaks and the associated lavatory humour in the article is a mite heavy because it deals with politics, but no comment ever on the quantum teleportation, artificial intelligence research etc that features heavily in the (admirable) science OOTB links. Strange world view methinks.

Anvil

Anvil - from the land of warm beer and mad cattle.

6. 1,400 sliders in hunger benefit Feb 21, 2003, 11:14 Normski

They raised $700 eating 1400 hamburgers? Surely the hungry folk would be better off with 1400 hamburgers?

Re: UK Loo Breaks

It may seem heavy to you, but here in the UK, no matter how unpleasant the law, we still all laugh at toilet related shenanigans

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo